Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Can't find my usermaps folder...help

Sonovabich

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131491
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

Re-installed my win7 about 4 or 5 weeks ago and ever since i cannot find my usermaps folder for any cod game, i am now getting to the stage where i have a lot of maps, probably a couple of versions of many of them, i need to be able to find them so i can delete all the crap, the path i always used to cod4 was C:\users\my name\appdata\local\virtual store\program\files\activision\usermaps  and cod5 c:\users\my name\appdata\local\activision\codwaw....i have my UAC on and both paths exist but after i click activision no usermaps folders show up, also after i click activision if i click my profile on cod 4 it only shows one profile ie Sonovabitch even though i have at least 4, obviously these maps are going somewhere, i have tried everything i know ie typing in maps etc or cod nothing i do seems to be able to locate them, it's as if my activision folder is acting as a front and hiding the other maps away from view, any ideas would be gratefully received.Frown

• Member ID:  1
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1909
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  11489
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1975

Use the downloader Kev, as long as you have it configured correctly it has a Housekeeping feature that will remove any maps that are no longer used in our servers

Yeah but i have a lot of maps there since before you finished the downloader, exactly what do i need to do to configure that properly?

• Member ID:  1060
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1120
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

Control Panel/Folder Options/General/make sure "Show all Folders" is checked.

• Member ID:  1
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1909
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  11489
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1975

Sonovabich - Can't find my usermaps folder...help!
Re-installed my win7 about 4 or 5 weeks ago and ever since i cannot find my usermaps folder for any cod game, i am now getting to the stage where i have a lot of maps, probably a couple of versions of many of them, i need to be able to find them so i can delete all the crap, the path i always used to cod4 was C:\users\my name\appdata\local\virtual store\program\files\activision\usermaps  and cod5 c:\users\my name\appdata\local\activision\codwaw....i have my UAC on and both paths exist but after i click activision no usermaps folders show up, also after i click activision if i click my profile on cod 4 it only shows one profile ie Sonovabitch even though i have at least 4, obviously these maps are going somewhere, i have tried everything i know ie typing in maps etc or cod nothing i do seems to be able to locate them, it's as if my activision folder is acting as a front and hiding the other maps away from view, any ideas would be gratefully received.Frown

Make sure that you have the latest version of the downloader, in the downloader options, check the option for "UAC" settings and make sure there is a tick in the box for UAC Enabled on COD4 and COD2 if you have COD2, Then click on "File" in the top left corner of the Downloader and choose "Housekeeping",

This will open up the Housekeeper, choose the game you want to perform housekeeping for in the drop down menu, this will open up two windows, the left window is a list of files that are currently required by the servers you have selected in your server settings, the list on the right is a list of all files you currently have on your PC, any files/folders that have a tick in the box already are files/folders that are no longer required, to remove them, just click the button that says "Remove Selected Files", this will then place all selected files into your recycle bin

It doesnt matter that a lot of the files were there from before the downloader, the housekeeper will check all files/folders regardless of when they were downloaded

• Member ID:  934
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5656
  • Birthday:  08/16/1960

Send me your computer and buy a new one.

• Member ID:  27
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1712
  • Birthday:  06/03/1957

Otherwise, what I did, I kept my okd vista disc when upgrading to w7 pro, and I was very happy to find them back in Driveletter:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\usermaps (for CoD 5) and in

Driveletter:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\usermaps (for CoD4)

Aaah n1 Phantom thanks buddyCool