Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Waw Console Is Not Enabled On Servers.

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6536
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63519
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954
  • Device:  Windows

I have heard quite a bit of talk lately about the console in the WaW servers. I hear that there is talk about making videos via the console command but is it's not enabled on the server it will be impossible to do. Also there was some confusion as to how to spec anonymously and still look as if you are in game. well I can tell you how to do that. When you are in game you simply go to spectator mode then immediately chose a team and escape without selecting a class. It will appear you are in game and you can spec all you want. I am not sure nor have I really heard why the console is disabled in the WaW servers but it stops those of us who like to have game meters and such so we can see how our pc is performing in game. The funny thing is it is enabled on all the COD 4 servers I play on. Just wandering around with my lost mind!

• Member ID:  1717
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  86
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  5298
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  09/24/1984

It is disabled partly because of me. Late at night (1am-6am) when only 4-6 of us were playing and there were no COD5 or Senior Admins on and we would want the map changed or there would be a player breaking one of the few rules we do have (usually glitching) so I would call a vote via a console command. This never crashed the servers because I never did it in succession as I knew that would crash the servers. Then came along a new player some might remember, JCSNIPE. He saw that I called a vote via the bottom of the screen one day "ENG4INE called a vote". I told him that I wasn't going to tell him how to do it because I didn't want the server to crash. He looked up how to do it somewhere online and started calling votes during the day and evening when there were plenty of Admins around to kick players and switch maps. He also crashed the server on occasion. That made it an issue and the console was disabled. Now the dumb ass (JCSNIPE) is banned and late at night we still don't have a tool that I used responsibly for the years I have played here.

Edited by Sheepdog45

• Member ID:  35
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4812
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  28063
  • Days Won:  2

This will be looked into and fixed. console can be avalible and vote will be turned off.