Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Lots Of Issues

BurnnBright

• Member ID:  219
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  492
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2906
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1957

keep in mind that if you have external usb drives, some motherboards love to try to boot to them even if boot to usb device is way down the list on your Boot setup in the BIOS, I usually disable it unless it is needed

I had servers pull this crap on me after a reboot from windows update.

Edited by Nobodygood>XI<

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  5785
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  172
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1098
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970
  • Device:  Windows

Not sure how old your pc is. Make sure you get the latest bios updates for your mobo and check that little cmos cell battery as well.  it usually last 4-7 yrs. But when it's dead the startup acts at its own will.

Awards

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I've had a lot going on this week so I haven't been able to work on the computer. The problem actually started before the new keyboard which is one of the reasons I got a new one.  One day out of the blue, the computer wouldn't boot up.  I contacted Larsin (who is incredibly tech savvy and a genuinely nice fella) and he suggested that it was my keyboard.  He explained that I needed to change something in the settings to ignore keyboard errors upon startup.  Don't recall exactly what he said but I wrote it down.  Bama gave me the disk today for the USB drivers.  I'm going to re-install them tomorrow and see what happens.  Virus scans have so far come back clean.  Thank you all for your suggestions.  I'll let ya know how it's going.  

Most Canadians are nice BB, not just Larsin, an  exception might be Budman, but for the most part we are ALL very nice people, lol. What version of windows are you running and what's your mb? cheers Joe

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I've had a lot going on this week so I haven't been able to work on the computer. The problem actually started before the new keyboard which is one of the reasons I got a new one.  One day out of the blue, the computer wouldn't boot up.  I contacted Larsin (who is incredibly tech savvy and a genuinely nice fella) and he suggested that it was my keyboard.  He explained that I needed to change something in the settings to ignore keyboard errors upon startup.  Don't recall exactly what he said but I wrote it down.  Bama gave me the disk today for the USB drivers.  I'm going to re-install them tomorrow and see what happens.  Virus scans have so far come back clean.  Thank you all for your suggestions.  I'll let ya know how it's going.  

Most Canadians are nice BB, not just Larsin, an  exception might be Budman, but for the most part we are ALL very nice people, lol. What version of windows are you running and what's your mb?  (Tell Bama to get you a new PC for your b-day) :-)