Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Game of Thrones Books-No Spoiler

deerejon

• Member ID:  842
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965
  • Device:  Windows

So I just finished the series...I was hugely disappointed...in order not to give anything out to those that didn't read them or are waiting for the series, I will just make an analogy with a little short story.

Guy has a dead end job...he's just miserable in it...he starts having these awesome dreams of paintings and they are marvelous and he remembers them every morning....the colors, the lines the beautiful art he dreams....amazing...trouble is he cant paint for shit...so he takes art classes with every spare minute of his time...and I could write pages and pages and pages  (like George martin) of the classes he took , mixing paint and 100's of pages about learning to paint...and when he finally gets the artistic ability to put these wonderful dreams to the canvas....the dreams stop...the end.

Now I just invested you in my character and you spent time reading it...kinda wanted to see the pictures he dreamed didn't ya!!

Well fuck you the end....

Kinda like game of thrones books......

Much better on TV I think....

• Member ID:  8277
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  2099
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/13/1980

i was think even book is not finish yet but man the TV series are COOOOOOL, I LOVE GAME OF THRONES TV SERIES!!!

HOPE VERY MUCH THE END WILL NO DISAPOINT ME...

• Member ID:  480
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  2649
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  45920
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975
  • Device:  Android

If ya havnt learned by the end of book 1 (or season one) Lke the times of knights and kings, lives and thrones were lost on a pretty regular basis. If you like the series then dont become attatched to ANYONE.. Like the times, Martin has NO respect for charecter longevity... i rather like it that way, you never know whats going to happen! Loved the books and cant wait for the next one!

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965
  • Device:  Windows

I understand life was cheap and easy to loose in those times but it feels more like he doesn't know what to do with characters at times. Maybe because of the time between books his head was in a different direction and he couldn't finish the characters he started so poof....

I understand anyone and everyone dying but at least let them accomplish something....to random for my taste....

That said I will be buying book six...and seven if I am not to old to see by then....lol...it kept me reading and buying but like smoking, in the end no nearly as satisfying as the time and effort spent. Only my opinion...;)