Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

HeartBleed - Another Reason to Use LastPass

djMot

• Member ID:  3189
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  94
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48754
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957
  • Device:  Windows

LastPass user's rejoice!

If you are a LastPass user, you probably already know this because you got the email, too, but for those of you who are not yet LastPass users, listen up!

LastPass is one of the premier Password Security services that allow you to create massively cryptic passwords ( h&Z1%RxHLPVswR2CzyN! for instance) that you couldn't remember if you tried.  Very handy if you're ever being interrogated by agents of HYDRA.  But moreover, it makes it real difficult to crack your important accounts, like your banking and investment sites.  You set up your "password vault" with a single password which is the Last Password you will ever have to remember.  Then when you register at websites, or login at ones where you already have an account, your credentials, including those cryptic passwords, are stored away in the vault.  The next time you visit the site, LastPass can auto-fill your login information.  Simple.  Android users, the Premium version of LastPass in now able to fill login information into apps on your smartphone - something that was basically worse than pulling teeth before.

AND today, I got this message from LastPass:

"We also recommend running the LastPass Security Check (click on your LastPass browser icon, select Tools menu, select Security Check) which has been updated to alert you to accounts that may have been impacted by Heartbleed. The Security Check will identify the accounts in your vault that may be at risk and tell you the last time you updated that password, if the site has updated their certificates, and the action we recommend taking at this time."

Come on - how fucking awesome is that ???

I ran it.  It told me.  No more guessing.

Downside:

Not already a LastPass user?  Well you could quickly get on board, change all your passwords in the process, and run the security check.  But that's a bit of work.  Being already deeply entrenched in LastPass has its benefits.  IMHO, everyone needs to get on board.

• Member ID:  2759
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

lol?  

Or I could just write down all my passwords in a txt document and triple encryt it with AES-TwoFish-Whirlwind.

Then, I only need to remember one long password. My favorite is to use a GPS cordinate of some memorable location.

I've never understood "password managers".  If they are compromised you are hosed.

Why would I trust some company with the keys to all my data anyway?