Jump to content

Sharpe

*** Clan Members
  • Posts

    853
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1
  • Donations

    20.00 USD 
  • Points

    6,839,600 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by Sharpe

  1. https://aoc.com/us/gaming/products/monitors/cq32g2s/downloads Click on manuals. Looks like you've also got an fps mode you might want to try, or perhaps manually adjusting contrast/brightness. It also has "overdrive", but I read some things about it that put me off.
  2. Hmm, did you try more than once? Which monitor?
  3. Do you have a 144hz+ monitor?
  4. Nice. Did you turn the low input lag setting on as well?
  5. This means the monitor is currently only running 60hz, and not 165hz. Yes, you'll need to change some settings in windows.
  6. Sharpe

    Game laging

    I wonder if the 4k could be causing issues with a 3060. Do you know how to open the console in-game? Can you input this command without the quotations: "/cg_drawfps 1". This will show your fps on screen during the game. It will vary, but you want to see if you are getting a nice steady number, or if you are getting large dips or are are just permanently low. Ideally, if you have it set to say 125 or 250, it mostly just stays at that number, and isn't dipping way down to something like 50. I'd play a map or two with this on and see what it's doing. Edit - This is for Cod4.
  7. Sharpe

    Game laging

    What are the pc specs? Ram, and graphics card? Wouldn't have thought these would have been an issue, but worth checking. What size of screen do you have? What is your ping like? Does it "jump" around a lot? For example, moving from 50 to 60 up and down, up and down, quickly, or is it fairly stable?
  8. Assuming your monitor max is 165hz and that is what you want, this is correct. It's just checking that your refresh rate is actually what you think it is. Max allowed "com_maxfps" in-game is 250.
  9. Yep, screens can make a big difference. Depending on your old screen, you could be knocking a significant chunk off your in-game reaction time. I think it was like 25ms I gained on https://humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime when I got mine. My last screen was pretty bad though. See Shadow's post for what your fps checker should look like with a 165hz monitor.
  10. Make sure and turn the "low input lag" setting on. Also, fps checker for when you've set it up: https://www.testufo.com/
  11. That was a joke ?
  12. @Rea Just changes the settings when you aren't looking. Hax!
  13. Not sure if the spawn on mp_dam on the one side could be moved up to the level of the road, it's a little one sided at the moment.
  14. /cl_maxpackets 100 - For ping. /cg_fov 80 - Field of view. /com_maxfps 125 or 250 I also like /r_gamma to adjust brightness a bit more precisely between maps, rather than the slider in the settings page. Jester also has a few other connection related settings in this post from a few years back: https://www.xtremeidiots.com/forums/topic/89049-cod4-setup/?do=findComment&comment=929220
  15. I see you went into server one the other day. Not sure if you usually have your maxpackets at 100, but if I go into server 1 it puts it back to the default of 30. Check if you have "/cl_maxpackets 100" set.
  16. I love that map, we've played it a ton over the years. I'm reading it was happening with other maps too, so hopefully nothing to do with this one specifically.
  17. Oh man that sucks. He was in the server a few weeks ago. Rip.
  18. In the graphics/settings menu of Cod4, there is a separate option to set the refresh rate, I think the max for this is 144hz (at least it is for me), whatever it is, I would set it as close to your monitor as you can. The one you are talking about is frames per second in the terminal. "/com_maxfps 125" (max 250 allowed on freezetag). I have mine at 125. You can play around with it and see what feels best. Different rates alter the mechanics of the game slightly. To see what you are actually getting is "/cg_drawfps 1" or 0 to turn off.
  19. Multiple people concur, great rotation!
  20. Another one joins the promised lands! Did you set response time to fastest in the OSD as well? Sweet deal for only $150! Enjoy!
  21. I looked up the manual online. It looks like there is probably a setting in the OSD to be able to use the full 160hz: https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/monitor/MAG323UPFv1.0_English.pdf Not sure if you've messed about with that yet. Looks like there is a button at the back of the monitor to access the various menus. It also seems to have a response time setting (similar to my own that I mentioned previously) where you can make it as fast as possible:
  22. Nice, you should notice a big difference next time you play, now that it's above 60hz. What kind of cable are you using to connect the monitor (hdmi, displayport?). There must be something stopping it from being able to reach the full 160hz.
  23. Sweet, enjoy! Did you double check the fps on https://www.testufo.com/ ? When you say 144hz didn't look as good, do you mean the ingame setting (in the graphics menu)?
  24. When is it arriving? Looks decent.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.