Jump to content

Sharpe

*** Clan Members
  • Posts

    853
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1
  • Donations

    20.00 USD 
  • Points

    6,839,600 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by Sharpe

  1. Good luck!
  2. 1. Which games do you currently play? 2. What is you max budget? 3. Do you have any friends in the UK? (Might be relevant). 4. I take it your card was the 780 gtx? Was it the 3gb or 6gb version? 5. What are you current computer specs?
  3. Sharpe

    Hello

    Welcome!
  4. First time I think I've ever seen the freezetag server in the number 1 spot?
  5. Welcome!
  6. Best to rest up! If you overdo it, I think you can delay recovery from the concussion, if memory serves.
  7. Nice! What did you go with for hard drive and monitor?
  8. You are basically a member of the band at this point haha.
  9. Yep, when I got mine it knocked something like 20ms off my reaction time test. If I remember correctly 60hz>144hz knocks around 8ms off, the rest was presumably lower input lag.
  10. Ok thanks. I'm thought we play citi hotel years ago, but it could have been a different mod.
  11. Hey, any chance mp_rescue and mp_citi_hotel could be added to next weeks rotation?
  12. You got yourself a 144hz monitor? I must sound like a broken record, but it makes a difference haha!
  13. Nice! Edit - Also, hax!
  14. Here's a rough idea of something pretty decent, (reusing monitor and windows): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WTzZrD Could always go down to a 1tb nvme and try and get a second hand graphics card and knock $200 off. Didn't check for full compatibility, but gives a rough idea. As others have mentioned, better deals may be available soon.
  15. Here's the scanner I was telling you about: https://www.crucial.com/store/systemscanner One thing to bear in mind if you upgraded the current system with a new graphics card is making sure it would fit the case, as the case looks quite small. Also that the psu would be able to handle it. Assuming I've found the right system on the hp website, the power supply is 310w which is low. Something like a 1050 is on the smaller side, so that might work, and only seems to need a 250w psu, although that might be pushing it. Some sites suggest 300-350w. Maybe a 1030 ? These cards are an upgrade on the onboard graphics, but still on the lower side as far as playing modern games with decent fps. Might be better just to wait until you were upgrading everything, if you decide to wait. Could always try an ssd/nvme first and see how much of a difference it makes. Decisions, decisions, haha.
  16. Looking at the specs in the Amazon link, it is an old style hard drive. Upgrading to an ssd/nvme should provide a large performance/productivity boost for programs like photoshop and lightroom. Not to mention just for general day to day performance. If budget isn't too much of a concern, you could look at a 144hz monitor for gaming, if you don't already have one : ) Which graphics card do you currently use?
  17. What do you use for storage/external storage right now? Are they ssds/nvmes or old hard drives?
  18. I looked through it a little bit. I've heard people complaining about the new Cods for years and say they aren't as good as Cod4 and Mw2 (never played mw2 personally, but have heard others say it was their favourite). If it ain't broke don't fix it ? Just need to upgrade it so we can play it with our VR headsets in a few years lol.
  19. Play the original Cod4 and come to freezetag, problem solved : )
  20. What's your fps doing while playing? You can view it with "/cg_drawfps 1".
  21. You ever gotten yourself a shiny 144hz monitor, with low input lag?
  22. I think all the stuff you mentioned is banned?
  23. Welcome!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.