Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  6450
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Reputation:   10218
  • Achievement Points:  69472
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  174
  • Joined:  12/14/16
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954
  • Device:  Windows

Posted (edited)

Now I'm aware that every country has different wants and requirements, but am I the only one disgruntled at the current models available? I'm looking for a new car, I buy and own them by the way, and very few manufacturers seem to make cars for me now.

I WANT

Reliability with a proven engine and gearbox (I need automatic now which normally I'd avoid), simple and cheap to maintain, with basic instrumentation, dials and knobs so you can adjust things without your eyes leaving the road. I don't mind winding down windows manually, and a MUST is a full size spare wheel. Cheap servicing that can be done at home without a computer and if in an accident cheap repair costs to keep insurance claims reasonable.

I DON'T WANT

Engines that are anything but reliable, wet belts, belts at the back of the engine meaning engine out to change, oil so thin it fails to lubricate, piston rings that fail to stop fuel contamination. Direct injection causing carbon build up, engine design so complicated even mechanics struggle, useless auto boxes like manual autos and dsg.

I don't want Apple play, somewhere to charge my phone, HUD, bumpers that if you actually use them cost an arm and leg to replace, millions of sensors and computers linked to a canbus wiring. Lane assist, radar, infotainment, speakers where the spare wheel should sit etc etc etc

But most importantly of all I wouldn't want to get into huge debts as a youngster paying for all this crap, buying a means of  transport that will cripple you financially.

I'm not suggesting going back to the model T, but I feel the way it's going cars may become less not more reliable, for those of us not being forced to go electric

Edited by RobMc
typo


  • Member ID:  7439
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Reputation:   742
  • Achievement Points:  4988
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  11
  • Joined:  04/22/13
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  03/21/1982
  • Device:  Windows

Posted

I can tell ya avoid Mitsubishi.  She had an Outlander, great when it worked...but never worked.  It was an electrical nightmare.  I'm not sure really where you are from but Toyota and Honda seem to get the most milage around here.  I love my Dodge but it's got issues too.  currently needs a throw-out bearing...grr  


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.