Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

RIP: Don't Ask, Don't Tell

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  20166
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946
  • Device:  Windows

Let's hope the military's assinine "Don't ask, don't tell" policy has finally ended with an order from the Pentagon directing recruiters to accept openly gay recruits for the first time in the nation's history. And why would recruiters even ask what a person's sexual preference is? That, in itself, seems a civil rights violation.

It should be of no concern to the Armed Forces whether someone is gay. There are plenty of regulations protecting members of the military from sexual assault/advances. I don't get why the military should give a shit whether you are gay or not, particularly now that women fight right alongside men on the front lines.

Likewise, it is no business of government what color you are, a question on this year's census form that I did not respond to. Racism is mankind's greatest evil. I hate racists with a passion and one reason it continues is because our own government is actively involved in propogating racial differences while allowing racist organizations to exist.

No one should ever be asked what race they are and in time, it'll make no sense to do so as races continue to interbreed. I'm a former member of the American Society of Newspaper Editors. Every year they send newspaper editors a survey asking how many minority reporters they hired as part of their stated effort to recruit minorities as journalists. And every year I would respond that I don't hire on the basis of race, but on the basis of ability, and that tracking employment by race is a racist act. I finally resigned the organization so they'd quit sending it.

The NAACP, the Congressional Black Caucus, and any other organization, private or otherwise, that discriminates on the basis of race - white or black - should be outlawed.

• Member ID:  1891
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1092
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  6106
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/19/1985

But you got something like positive discrimination, and that is a big pile of sssst.

If a white and a black guy come to apply for a job, you should hire the most competent one and not the minority.

(just like u said)

But there will allways be people who are racists or who discriminate, that is just human nature.

You got the extremist but they will eventually go down themself as a group but the individuals will keep their "believes" up by raging upon other persons diversities.

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6418
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54344
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

All so true Harry but we will never see a end to any of it....People never look with a clear mind nd some its always a pitty me....Thing that bothers me the most is how peoples from afar wish to become American nd then expect us to change our values nd beliefs so they may keep theres...

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Agreed Loader. The legacy of the United States is that we are the world's melting pot. In no other nation in the history of the world have people with such disparate political and especially social and religious beliefs, been able to come together, and to live together in complete harmony. The reason they were able to do so - and that the U.S. has been free of political and religious war - is that upon arrival, these citizens of many different nations ASSIMILATED into our society. They learned our language, they learned our social mores, and they became Americans. They still preserved their own heritage - as they should - but they adopted to our country.

That's why it's so important that America not let go of that. To that end, I have no problem declaring English as the "official" language of the U.S. and banning any attempts to subvert our political systems - for instance, by allowing some communities to adopt Sharia law as is happening in some European nations. You come here, you fit in. If you don't want to fit in, don't come here. If you don't want to learn to speak English, all well and good. But don't expect to be employed here, or to buy products here in your native language, or to see ballots printed in 15 languages, etc.

Frankly, it really pisses me off to see more and more products printed in both English and Spanish. I have no problem with our hispanic LEGAL immigrants, but this is America god damn it, and I want it to stay that way - though that seems like a lost cause anymore. 

• Member ID:  891
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2261
  • Birthday:  02/27/1980

Toothpick

But you got something like positive discrimination, and that is a big pile of sssst.

If a white and a black guy come to apply for a job, you should hire the most competent one and not the minority.

(just like u said)

But there will always be people who are racists or who discriminate, that is just human nature.

You got the extremist but they will eventually go down themselves as a group but the individuals will keep their "believes" up by raging upon other persons diversities.

Predijuce is not human nature, it is a learned trait from biogots from the past the for some retarded reason, thought they were better, and unfortunately it has taken hold, people should be judged by their actions and not of themselves in reference to their skin color, sex, or sexual prefernce, it is sad that people often don't get a chance because of such beliefs that one side should be treated better then the other.

• Member ID:  1405
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  269
  • Birthday:  10/19/1965

I agree Weezer. Still millions of people with their heads up their ass staring at their souless insides!

• Member ID:  1891
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1092
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  6106
  • Birthday:  03/19/1985

But no matter how you'll look at it:

racists and discriminators will keep on existing

unless the gouverments are able to put a law on it (but i don't see that happening in the next 30-40 years)