So I have the same, Win11 pro. If you downloaded from Steam, I'm at a loss why it works for you and not for me. Last resort will be to fully uninstall and try again. Here's what I've tried since yesterday, with no luck:
- Not a perm fix, but If you want to play without saving your profile: start MP (as admin?) and go to options > multiplayer > cd key, and enter it.
- select co-op/single from menu. When it loads create/load a profile. Now you can switch back to MP to play, but your data is lost on exit
Step 1: Launch CoDWaW
Step 2, press ctrl alt and delete at the same time to open a menu
Step 3, Open task manager, Kill CoDWaW
Step 4 Launch the game, It should ask you to run in "Safe Mode"
Step 5, Run in safe mode
Step 6 Create a profile
- Under players\profiles, (users, appdata, local, activision\codwaw\players\profiles) delete everything. Create folder HarryWezer and edit active.txt to replace $$$ with HarryWezer.
- Right click on steam icon and select run as administrator. Then go to game folder, and right click on codwaw.exe for single player and multiplayer and select run as administrator.
-open steam as admin. Then start game NOT from steam, but from game folder, as admin. Now your profile should load.
- Port forward to 28960. The ports are 28960 on tcp and udp, and 3074 on udp only.
- Launch multiplyer game (NOT from Steam)
- Enter CD key in game. Validate it.
- Exit game.
- Start game again as per above, and create profile.