Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Sniping Tip

eidolonFIRE

• Member ID:  2759
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3496
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  26464
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/27/1990

I'm pretty much a noob to this game, but I think I've finally found how to long distance snipe without dying instantly.

Never stand still!

As long as I don't stand still, counter snipers can't get a hit on me right away (1 in 10 does). The first thing I do when i find a good position is check for counter snipers. What I think is kinda lame about this game is that it's made easy by the HUGE white glare glinting off of their scope. Oddly enough, it seems most of the time they are laying down and are an easy target. I usually get them first shot and they completely miss me because I'm pacing back and forth randomly. (when their 200-300 yards anyway, beyond that it usually takes the first shot to figure out the range) Occasionally I stop to take the shot, but if I stop for more than a second and a half, that's long enough for an M98B to get a hit from +/-250yds, so I never stay still for longer then that if I think I'm in sight of the opposing side.

It seems that I always die the fastest when I am lying down in the grass or behind a wall with tons of cover. If I'm using any long range scope the white glint will give me away instantly to opposing snipers that are already in position. And it doesn't matter HOW much cover I have because good snipers can shoot you through a pin-hole in the wall.

Oh, and another thing I've noticed is that most people will stop what their doing and go out of their way to kill a sniper if they see one up in a good position with tons of line-of-sight. I actually avoid the typical "top-of-the-building" vantage points because people check them so often and will throw all the explosives they've got up to where you are until they see your body flying. Then you either die, cower in fear until the wall separating you from their bullets is gone from rockets, or  take the noble suicide jump from your comfortable sniping nest.

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

eidolon - Sniping Tip

Oh, and another thing I've noticed is that most people will stop what their doing and go out of their way to kill a sniper if they see one up in a good position with tons of line-of-sight.

Oh yes, we just "love" snipers... Laughing 

Think of it as a bonus that, if you snipe me, I shall make it my mission to hunt you down and relieve you of your dog tags! Wink 

I have to get some claymores and C4 as pure knifing is a bit tame sometimes.

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943
  • Device:  Windows

Snipers? No threat as far as high score.

• Member ID:  3094
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  198
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

recon is still a great class, spotting enemies with mav, working with your squad to soflam/javelin, or even use a pdw instead of a sniper rifle.

• Member ID:  2928
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  784
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1975

Knowledge_022
recon is still a great class, spotting enemies with mav, working with your squad to soflam/javelin, or even use a pdw instead of a sniper rifle.

Right on Knowledge!  Maps like the Grand Bazaar work well for a recon soldier with motion sensor and a shotgun, too.