Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

MW2 pushed into the market - top bargain

Brotrinde

• Member ID:  363
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  296
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  1674
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/13/1977

In Germany they sell the PC-Version of MW2 for 14,99 EUR - that equ. 20 USD (19% german VAT included) or 13,50 GBP...

BFBC2 and COD4 still around 40,- EUR in Germany. I tend to buy games in future from UK - usually 20% cheaper.

• Member ID:  1012
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  935
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5547
  • Birthday:  11/23/1987

haha amazing.

damn iw, i hope they learned anything out of it.

nobody wants to play mw2

Awards

• Member ID:  338
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1906
  • Birthday:  03/01/1955

annoying thing is, I love the game, but accessing thru steam and playing with others who, unlike our clan, NEVER speak is a pain in the ass!!

Wish we could get it on our servers, bloody Activision, what are they thi?nking??

• Member ID:  363
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  296
  • Achievement Points:  1674
  • Birthday:  12/13/1977

mickvette

annoying thing is, I love the game, but accessing thru steam and playing with others who, unlike our clan, NEVER speak is a pain in the ass!!

Wish we could get it on our servers, bloody Activision, what are they thi?nking??

I know what you mean - I played on other servers in the recent past, but only for a few minutes cause they do not talk but write stupid shit. Only Ftag I enjoyed a bit is hosted by [PSI] - and you see a lot of known names/players there too.

I'll buy these games in future only because of the MP - once you played MP the SP is pretty boring.

• Member ID:  102
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1776
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  10986
  • Birthday:  05/06/1969

There are some dedicated servers for MW2 out there.. only one issue with it.. the person(s) can be shut down at anytime, if your game code is caught during this process, your game will no longer work.

Should there be a dedicated server for this game.. I say yes. it is a pain n the ass to have to open a program to run a game.

I bought the game to play with Snake. Killa's old friend after only playing it a few times, I deleted it off my PC.

you if want to learn more about these dedicated server visit youtube.

• Member ID:  159
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  855
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5145
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Two issues on this subject

1) Activision is not at fault for major mistakes made on this game, Activision is just the "Publisher", all anger and frustration should be directed at "Infinity Ward" who developed the game and made the decision to not allow mods or dedicated servers. And especially at "Infinity Ward Community Manager Rob Bowling" for all his stupid ideas that all of this makes it better for PC Gamers by not having mods and options.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95594-Infinity-Ward-Responds-to-Modern-Warfare-2-Controversy

2) Don't buy it, dont spend one penny on this game or they win.

Send the message loud and clear that we are PC Gamers because we want the ultimate experience and we won't be brought down to the lowly levels of Consolers. Personally I don't care if the price drops to 50 cents I will never own this game, and have probably bought my very last "Infinity Ward" game at that.

• Member ID:  1
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1909
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  11489
  • Birthday:  06/28/1975

PrimalFear

2) Don't buy it, dont spend one penny on this game or they win.

Probably a little late for that I see more and more people on my Xfire every day playing this game, even though its probably the most hacked game around at the moment,

• Member ID:  94
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3749
  • Birthday:  12/03/1955
  • Device:  Windows

MW2 Game play is  a lot better than BF. At least when I unload a clip in someone they die instead of turning around a killing me with one shot. BF weapons  suck. I can get more kills with a pistol. The snipper rifles suck two shots in the head the guy kills me. I,m disliking the game the more I play it. MW2 one shot one kill. You guys that have not played it can,t judge it. Only if we could have servers.

• Member ID:  159
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  855
  • Achievement Points:  5145
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

BoomSlang

MW2 Game play is  a lot better than BF. At least when I unload a clip in someone they die instead of turning around a killing me with one shot. BF weapons  suck. I can get more kills with a pistol. The snipper rifles suck two shots in the head the guy kills me. I,m disliking the game the more I play it. MW2 one shot one kill. You guys that have not played it can,t judge it. Only if we could have servers.

I go off PCGamer and fellow gamer reviews before I bother trying out a game, bfbc2 needs adjustments from what I have read (like weapon damage as you pointed out) but the game is not even a month old for the PC market and as the mods come out each of those problems will be addressed by the community. Mod's will change weapons completely and add content, just like ftag on CoD4.

MW2 will never have that option no mods and no dedicated servers, so I'll have to go with the endless news articles that indicate that MW2 is a joke and not worth the trouble for a PC Gamer like myself, MW2 has been downsized and limited to console settings (gimped) that and along with the people that come back to CoD4 freezetag and tell me it sucks that they have no options. I trust the opinions when those opinions come from multiple sources with the same complaints.

Every game has to trouble through some adjustments in the begining but MW2 has no foundation to build upon due to the limitations put on it by Infinity Ward. And I see no point in wasting my money on a game with no future just to say I have tried it. That's just not logical.

Check out this article, kind of says it all in my opinion

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95923-Angry-PC-Gamer-Skips-MW2-Sends-60-Bucks-to-DICE-Instead

• Member ID:  210
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  328
  • Achievement Points:  1779
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

mw2 is a waste of money.... its not fun to many aimbots and other hacks.... i remember part of the whole basis for running it threw steam was because it was "hack proof"... pshh hahahaha thats working real well.... i dont play mw2 any more because i would run into 9 or 10 aimbots in a 10 minut period... its no fun... as for bfbc2 i havnt had a problem with the gun damage problem... i think its actualy very good were its at the only down side is the knifing situation i dont enjoy the whole having to do it about 4 or 5 feet from the person.... thats the only downside. but other than that i love the game.... bfbc2 is a must buy in my opinion. i remember the beta when dollardogg said he wasnt goona play it that he didnt like it... well hes been playin it and from what ive seen he seems to be enjoying it... those are my 2 cents

• Member ID:  212
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  844
  • Achievement Points:  5154
  • Birthday:  12/02/1987

Many servers on BFBC2 run Hardcore and adjust the damage to their liking, I personally love the game and prefer it over MW2. But yes they have things to fix in BFBC2 but if you compare MW2 to it there isn't a comparison.