Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

$trEEt$ Massive Metal Mania 101

Streetcleaner

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1761
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15757
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Device:  Windows

Heya ! My name is $trEEtcLe@neR  and I have noticed a resurgence and general acceptance of Metal in the last 5 years.What I mean by acceptance is the radio air play.Such bands as Disturbed,Five Finger Deathpunch, Avenge Sevenfold and some a little older like Static X, Slipknot and Korn. Well there is a whole slew of great bands that never had radio air play back in the day.So all a lot of the younger generation today have never heard of them, so in the next posts I will highlight 2 to 3 bands that I think any metal head should know about.I'm using this wonderful forum to express my freedom of speech and reach as many closet metal freaks as I can.So if you want to jump on board and ride this crazy train(sorry I couldn't help that reference) down the rails of enlightenment ............then get your ass on here !!.

Now some of you are going to say"Street I don't like metal" well...........That's okay... then don't go any further but let me just say this,I started out listening to the classics, the first songs I learned on guitar were Beatles,Stones,Zeppelin,Who,Floyd etc...........but something happened in my Second year at college ,my new roommate was a Metal head and a fellow guitar player.Now if you were to ask me who the first true metal band was, it's a no brainer....Black Sabbath and I had heard Sabbath as a young kid because of my older brother .So I knew what metal was ..but didn't....    Anyways the first album(yeah I said album) that got me started,that was played for me was.............................. Metallica "Ride the lighting ".

When I heard "For whom the bell tolls" well it was ON from there on out.I have eaten,breathed,slept,played this stuff and I think a lot of it has gotten a bad rap.

The reason I want to do this is to show you how we arrived here now by showing you the critical past that shouldn't be forgotten.I like all kinds of music from the blues to classic rock to even Classical,Big Hair(not too much...lol)Funk and everything in between but there is something about metal that just well ....it's .....I don't know you tell me.I only ask three things

1. please disregard my grammar ,I hate to type so .........2.have an open mind 3.no negative comments, I deal with enough negativity in the outside world.

Now I must tell you there is some required listening before this, if you can and that would be as follows:

Metallica- Ride the lighting

Slayer-South of heaven

Anthrax-Among the living

Megadeth-Peace sells

Metal Church-Metal Church

Iron Maiden-Powerslave

Queensryche-The Warning

I could name more but that's for later..............

Now if you have any requests for now don't put it in the forum but hit me up in my pm for now. If the responses are plentiful I will create an email to take care of it in the future

So to start filling in the blanks of Metal history we start with these three,now I have some good stories to tell about encounters with most of these bands but that's for another time.

Now you don't have to listen to the whole CD if you don't want to but you will miss some gems if you do,it's up to you.Most of my true favorites were not a one listen and I loved it ,they were the ones that through listening more than a couple of times grew on me...............

1. Prong " Prove you wrong"   One of my all time favorite bands

2.Pantera "Cowboys from Hell"   when I heard this one I just wanted to quit playing my guitar and at the same time wanted to play it more......(this set the bar way up there)

3. Corrosion Of Conformity " Blind"   great rhythms, guitars that compliment one another just good all around.

Now I hope you have fun.In Metal there are so many sub-genres so I 'm going to mix it up and hit as many as I can,now I'm not so well versed in Nordic Black metal ...so anyone from Norway,Sweden................If you are into it,Hit me up with requests or history..........

so in the coming posts:

The bay area Bashers..........um.....THRASHERS   No HXTR I'm not talking about the Bay City Rollers .................

The Titans from Arizona

The Force from the north(Canada)

So go to Youtube(love this site) and get your daily dose of Metal...........GO NOW !!

Well I hope you enjoy and until then.....

Stay outta my streets if you wanna grow old

$trEEtcLe@neR

• Member ID:  1371
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1906
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  14042
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1990

\m/ rock on brother! !!!

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1761
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15757
  • Days Won:  4

Thx Ron at least I have one response...lol  

I use to live in St Louis...............BLUES !!!

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

just like growing up they played 20yr old classic music on alot of radio stations and no-one played the current heavy scene which was metal.the airwaves is for pop music and classic music stations .the time proven music that makes them money,now here we are 20 years older and the ones paying there checks and now we hear the heavy metal  we listened to growing up in our teens.Now i hear some metal songs being played on those same classic stations*funny we are now the oldies station

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967