Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

More claimblocks

Swedish_Medic

• Member ID:  24176
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  304
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/13/1994

Might it be an idea to increase the default set of claimblocks you get once you join the server? The overworld isn't that small that it seem to pose a direct issue and I believe it could prevent griefing further. Now sure some people are lazy, but there seem to be quite a few players who run into wishing to expand their base but are out of claimblocks hence expand without claiming. 

• Member ID:  24161
  • Group:  ++ Minecraft Admin
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  2301
  • Birthday:  10/24/1989

We can review this. The starting and per-hour claim blocks were best guesses. We will think it over and post what we decide

• Member ID:  26182
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  790
  • Birthday:  03/12/1991
  • Device:  Windows

Not here to start an argument. But that is the whole point of play time, to increase your claim blocks through playtime. And you also have the ability to buy claim blocks which in itself gives you an urge to get into the economy, the more stuff you sell the more claim blocks you can buy. If you think about it, the amount that you start with is a decent amount given you're not going to expand into a huge base from the start. Last but not least, donating will give you the afk-kick-exemption permission which will allow you to afk for long periods of time. I've been here for a while and have never had a problem with claim blocks as it gives you something to work for. :)

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  24176
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  304
  • Birthday:  08/13/1994

On 04/01/2018 at 3:35 AM, TattooGamer said:

Not here to start an argument. But that is the whole point of play time, to increase your claim blocks through playtime. And you also have the ability to buy claim blocks which in itself gives you an urge to get into the economy, the more stuff you sell the more claim blocks you can buy. If you think about it, the amount that you start with is a decent amount given you're not going to expand into a huge base from the start. Last but not least, donating will give you the afk-kick-exemption permission which will allow you to afk for long periods of time. I've been here for a while and have never had a problem with claim blocks as it gives you something to work for. :)

From what I've found exploring around and having an eye on chat what you state is not what happens. 

I do not remember exactly what the number of blocks you start with on the server, but as default it seem to be set to 100 blocks. In order to claim 1 chunk you'll be claiming 256 blocks. What I suggest is to increase the amount of blocks you start of with, I'm not really interested in the blocks you acquire through playtime. I do not see why the starting set of blocks need to be so limited. I do not see why the ability to prevent your builds from being griefed and your items stolen, should be dependant on your playtime. Regarding playtime, one of the features of GriefPrevention is to not reward idling with blocks, so unless this has been changed being AFK will add nothing to the block count. 

Now Minecraft is a game with a lot of young people. With this there are two possible issues. Many young people will have parents who limit their ability to play on the server for a longer time, and so also the chance to be afk (if that now turns out to generate blocks). These young people might also have a lesser ability to see the lack of blocks as a limiting factor. Rather than being limited by the lack of blocks they can protect, they keep building what they want to have built. Now sure, it's their fault to build more than they can protect, but do we really need to set them up for it? People want to build castles, houses with a stable, pathways between buildings while others are perfectly fine within a chunk. The very limited blocks you start with do in my opinion seem to lead to griefable property rather than an interest for economy. 

• Member ID:  24161
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  2301
  • Birthday:  10/24/1989

When we set up the server we specifically set the starting amount to 256, to allow players to claim a starting chunk. I am not aware of any changes to that being made. As for afk, I do not believe you gain claim blocks or money while afk, your only advantage is your farms/machines can keep running.