Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

No AC out front vents (Problem fixed)

loaderXI

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6417
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54337
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965
  • Device:  Windows

Just thought to toss this real cheap permanent fix for the AC not blowing out front vents (only defrost and floor) on my sons 2003 grand marquis that he purchased from a friend of mine who owns a car dealership in SE Penna. ....So he sells him the car on the low because of a few minor issues (one mention above) and my son then decides to drive here to Florida with it...I had told him the problem with the head unit in the dash but he is doubtful this old man still has it going...So he gets here and I check (5 minutes worth) and say yeah we have to order the O-rings to fix it $6 for 100 of them but only need 4 lol...They come in I take head unit out again take it apart replace O-rings put it back in the dash and blast out the front vents comes tons of dust and debri...Not blowing real cold so send him off to get a few cans of freon and for $14 his car will now freeze you to death...He later told me that he did not for 1 second think that was the fix lmao

Common problem with the Marquis and Crown Vics and some other fords with similar master control (head unit) is the O-rings dry and shrink and can no longer work because of micro vac leaks...So if you no anyone who ever has this problem and then can turn a screw driver they can fix it easy...

****On a side note **** 2 days after he got here I heard what first sounded like the heat sheild on the cat rattling then it turned to a growl...So I told him it sounds like water pump...Open hood knock belt off real fast and yep pulley wobble like a sum bitch...Off to the store for new pump and 8 bolts later all done