Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Great Idea for a server or a couple maps in Ace Mod

• Member ID:  1820
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  220
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1984

OK the other night OneEye, Light, and I were knife killing each other. Well then we got more people to play and we had like 10 people knife killing. Anyway the idea we had was have a knife server or a couple maps in ace mod where you use knife only for about 10 mins then after that it goes to knife, and flash bangs. Then it goes knife, flash bangs, grenades, air strikes, and helio's. This is kinda what we did and I couldn't stop laughing because you get flash banged and you run into walls and can't see shit. Anyway wanted to see what you all thought???

TaoWarrior

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

It's definatley something i would not want to play, sorry i really don't like all of this "we are only using knives stuff" when i drop into a server, some people already in there playing will (i know from past experience) have been pressured into playing this way ie if they come in shooting the rest gang up on them and pressurize them into using a knife, as for having a full server doing this, we tried this a few times in the past...interest Zilch, just like sniper servers etc someone always asks the question every couple of months but in reality nobody really gives a tossFrown

• Member ID:  2491
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  354
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2140
  • Birthday:  04/20/1961

Sonovabich
It's definatley something i would not want to play, sorry i really don't like all of this "we are only using knives stuff" when i drop into a server, some people already in there playing will (i know from past experience) have been pressured into playing this way ie if they come in shooting the rest gang up on them and pressurize them into using a knife, as for having a full server doing this, we tried this a few times in the past...interest Zilch, just like sniper servers etc someone always asks the question every couple of months but in reality nobody really gives a tossFrown

lets face it if we all use knives there will be nothing left to toss withLaughingLaughingLaughing

• Member ID:  45
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9018
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  65878
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951
  • Device:  Windows

we had a knife only server not that long ago ..

• Member ID:  238
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  189
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  19609
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/09/1957

LOL TAO did has been tried before if you can get a bunch of idiots to agree you can have a fun game but remember do not be-grudge anyone, who dose not want to do the same. Me, Dean, and BigJerk: AKA (BigJerm) were knifing and pistols, everyone else was using what ever they wanted so enjoy the game and our severs for what it is.

• Member ID:  1820
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  220
  • Birthday:  06/05/1984

Noears711>XI<
LOL TAO did has been tried before if you can get a bunch of idiots to agree you can have a fun game but remember do not be-grudge anyone, who dose not want to do the same. Me, Dean, and BigJerk: AKA (BigJerm) were knifing and pistols, everyone else was using what ever they wanted so enjoy the game and our severs for what it is.

yep i remember the server that was tried it was only limited to just your knife. where this wouldn't. its ok it was just some food for thought. it seemed to be alot of fun when we tried it that one night. "yeah that came out bad" Laughing Anyway thank you all for your feed back.

TaoWarrior

• Member ID:  2491
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  354
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2140
  • Birthday:  04/20/1961

i think we had a "unoffical" game last week where about 50% were using shotguns,

it was great fun and made a change from been bottom burped by a noob tube,

i still think that one map on each rotation could be an "alternative map", where you can use weapons like knives only or pistols only or [dare i say the wordsLaughing] shotgun only, it would be a bit of a laugh,

who knows you might find a new "mean dean" [yeah like stabbing someone in the back takes skillTongue outTongue out]

• Member ID:  2769
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  163
  • Birthday:  02/05/1977

Tao - it was fun, I remeber light at one time throwing the flash granade and being a victim of his own nade...good stuff.

It was a neat concept how that round went. It was like we were all on the same frequency.

As for a few maps - that would be a bit much. 1 Map round would be enough, that way if folks did not want to play that style - they would have plenty other maps to kick it their usually attack. Maybe the least liked map could be setup that way?

The format I throwed at Tao was this:

Times are estimates... (not sure how long or how much time is per map)

• 5-8 minutes knife only (* Nades, flash, guns, air strike and helis deactivated)
  • Then next 5-8 minutes knife with nades/flash nades (* Guns, air strikes and helis deactivated)
  • Then final amount of time is everything activated - brace for impact!

This gradual killing technique was quite a blast and I was amazed we had 10 people doing this in that one map. So I told Tao - what if XI had just one map with this style in the rotation. Maybe it would create a liking byothers where you had a server of this...who knows as the players would be its fate.

I know here was plenty of times I was gut hurting from laughter as the round went on. Thanks Tao for bringing this up.

Cheers.