Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Ok now I'm PISSED

PrimalFear

• Member ID:  159
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  855
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5145
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I got my card all picked out a few days ago, went to order it today and once again OUT OF STOCK

I chose the PNY (lifetime parts/labor warranty) and best review of all the 560 ti's so far

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133380

I chose against EVGA because there is a constant problem I see reported over and over that the fan shrouds are too thin and the fan blades end up hitting the shrouds and either jamming or breaking off,  they are also very very loud and often only 1 of the 2 fans work.  EVGA stands behind their products for $30 but I'd rather just avoid all that stuff.

So does anyone know of another reputable site like newegg that would offer a comparable rebate and a free batman game? lol  I can get the same card at Fry's for $229 after rebate but no game, instead of $204.99 with a game.  Which kind of seems like a rip to me, plus I'll have to drive 40 miles each direction to pick it up. Just considering my options on this card. 

This SUCKS Yell

• Member ID:  542
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  311
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1628
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  11299
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/01/1975

• Member ID:  1850
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

• Member ID:  45
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9029
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  65938
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951
  • Device:  Windows

• Member ID:  1320
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  611
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4498
  • Birthday:  01/14/1976

I'll stick with a company just for their customer service, it's 90% of doing business with me.  For computer parts Newegg is the only place I order from... even if it's out of stock at the moment.  In fact, my memory and hard drives should be arriving tomorrow!

• Member ID:  142
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  277
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  13866
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/01/1985

have you checked microcenter around your house? they price match with newegg...sometimes they sell it for cheap...thats where I got mine evga crysis edition 560TI...

check it out..

http://www.microcenter.com/

• Member ID:  1924
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1012
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  5864
  • Birthday:  05/30/1973

Well, there is a few nice 560Ti's out there!

The PNY you pointed to is what it's called a "reference design"...the standard EVGA card is the exact same card...

You have to pick a custom card to get something different than the reference stuff...better stuff, such as better fans/heatsink,

Larsin suggested the MSI Twin frozr II card (he showed you a 2 GB card, those are sweet), but the regular 1GB card is cheaper, yet really decent.

The MSI 560Ti HAWK is good, but a little noisy.

The Asus DirectCu II 560TI is another contender.

EVGA has a new twin fans design, the DS model..might be decent...

I got two of the MSI TFII ones and I like them...

BTW, as you were considering playing with 3D Vision, I highly doubt that a single 560Ti would put satisfactory FPS in 3D in a game such as BF3...just to let you know, so you don't get your expectations a little too high!

Let me first say thank you for the links I have checked them out, I need to find out more about tigerdirect.  There are no microcenter.com places in Washington or Oregon state unfortunately.  I am still considering MSI Larsin thanx for that one as well.  And I'm with you Pharticus that newegg customer service is my preference all day long.

CplMOFO

Well, there is a few nice 560Ti's out there!

The PNY you pointed to is what it's called a "reference design"...the standard EVGA card is the exact same card...

You have to pick a custom card to get something different than the reference stuff...better stuff, such as better fans/heatsink,

Larsin suggested the MSI Twin frozr II card (he showed you a 2 GB card, those are sweet), but the regular 1GB card is cheaper, yet really decent.

The MSI 560Ti HAWK is good, but a little noisy.

The Asus DirectCu II 560TI is another contender.

EVGA has a new twin fans design, the DS model..might be decent...

I got two of the MSI TFII ones and I like them...

BTW, as you were considering playing with 3D Vision, I highly doubt that a single 560Ti would put satisfactory FPS in 3D in a game such as BF3...just to let you know, so you don't get your expectations a little too high!

I know your exactly right on all points Mofo I just want to make sure we're on the same page here, my comments about the EVGA card was a comparable twin fan reference card, I'd call it just a bad model.  I am in NO WAY suggesting that one of the best video card companies on the market is junk.  Just the opposite, but their reference card fails, you had made mention of taking reviews with a grain of salt, all to true and I do, but when good numbers of people have the same problem over and over, I can't deny that either, I've made that mistake in the past and don't intend to repeat it....check reviews here to see what I am talking about...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130651

I am a big fan of aftermarket coolers, typically I use Zalman but I was thinking that if I got a standard card and added an aftermarket cooler, I would void the warranty (depending on the company) by installing one.  Second I would get about 1ghz out of the OC from the standard 822mhz, where if I just buy a reference card already oc'd to 900mhz I know I can oc it further to around 935mhz with the stock cooler and not void any warranties.  I also know that these 560ti's dump about 80% of their heat back into the case and with good airflow and a little modding I know I can decrease the temps below the average reported temps.

I really don't care to much about a little noise (not one of those guys) but I have heard some that are truely loud, I'm sure you have too.  So it's a mild consideration within reason.  I'm not against an MSI card, I'm using one right now.  The 2-3yr warranty is good enough, but I want to see some very good "customer" reviews first. Let's face it, if you get a bad card it's gonna go out within the first 2-3yrs and your gonna be into another card by then anyway.  So I'm cool with that.  PNY card I posted just looked like the best deal to me for price/speed/warranty and awesome reviews.

About the 3D part, your right but that of course depends on the res settings as well as the quality setting in the game.  I ran the game with zero problems on medium, on this prehistoric 8800gts. The average 3d FPS drop is about 50% so a sustained 60fps 30/30 with a 120hz refresh rate is obtainable.  BF3 3d requirements are not released yet, but I do know that Black-Ops in 3d has been compared to looking out a window onto an actual battlefield, with lower hardware than I have. And BF3 was made for 3D, Black-Ops was not so I'm very optimistic.  The Frostbite2 engine is specifically built with 3D animation.

I'll look at all those cards you posted and re-consider, if this goes to much longer I'll just buy a 570gtx LOL  Thanx yet again Mofo for taking the time to offer these suggestions and making sure I know what to expect, very cool of you. Cool

• Member ID:  1924
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1012
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  5864
  • Birthday:  05/30/1973

Selling like hot cakes aren't they?

The 2GB cards are the way of the future (they just came out on the nVIDIA side pretty much)....

BF3 loads my 560Tis at 1005mb (out of 1024mo, or 1GB or vram if you prefer)....that on high settings at 1680 X 1050 resolution...that means I'm at the limit to fill the frame buffer to the max....

That's why, every cards sporting above 1GB of vRAM starts to become desirable....at 1080P, BF3 chews more than 1Gb of vram...with everything on high that is...