Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Video Cards

Shamu

• Member ID:  222
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968
  • Device:  Windows

CplMOFO
Shamu

I appreciate all the feed back and the end result is that I am staying with what I have.

I took MW3 back to the store, unopened, yesterday. My gaming fix is okay with what I already have and did not want to get involved with anything Steam related.

So I will stay with my NVIDIA 285 & 295 as long as I stay with current games installed. I get about 200 FPS with WAW each and possibly more but have my max FPS set at 200 in the Config. Good enough for me, anything over 60 FPS is enough in my understanding anyway.

Your cards are still decent cards...unless you wanna go crazy about resolution or eye-candy, it's not a bad idea to keep them...

Wait and see what the new gen will bring to the table!

I have been looking at getting a new card too, btu hte new generation of ATI, the 7000 series, is supposed to be released by the end of the year.  NVIDIA is supposed to release their new 600 series sometime in first quarter 2012.  If they both come out with new cards, maybe the current batch will drop in price.....so I am waiting. 

For COD, is ATI or NVIDIA better?  I know that some games run better on some cards.  I am primarily a COD player and have almost always used NVIDIA.  Is there a difference in performance of ATI or NVIDIA for any of the MW games?

• Member ID:  54
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  492
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4491
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  31927
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/17/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

iv'e got a ati 6950 x 2gb and what a different its made to my gaming just love it

Awards