Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Sneak Peek At Mechwarrior Online And What Some Of Us Do When Not On Cod4

SCooBY>XI<

• Member ID:  3233
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2030
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/09/1967

Hi all ,

Now that the NDA has been lifted on the closed beta for Mech Warrior Online we can show you some of the footage ---

as you may or may not know several of our XI members are assisting with the beta testing for this game atm .. should be going open beta shortly !!!

we also play world of tanks so its included in the video ... with the new patch allowing physics the game has changed considerably .

this is a first draft so it may be modified and please note though it has info on [HSX] clan (Headshot Xtreme) at the end it, it is not meant to recruit or poach members from XI ---like many of us I play ALOT of games (GO GO Gadget retirement ) bf3 , cod4 , guildwars 2, Mech warrior online , world of tanks , Everquest , tf2, etc... on a regular basis.

to the contrary any members that wish to or are actively playing these games are more then welcome to hang out with us --we value teamwork , excellent shooters , and we do not take ourselves too seriously unless the battle has been joined --then our only objective is to win :)

Big thanks to Corpse and all the members that put the time in to make this happen.

Enjoy !

so funny you can see people with slower computers getting owned now that they are bumping up the graphics , really not fair but then who said life was ???

• Member ID:  1387
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968
  • Device:  Windows

Good To See Scooby!

• Member ID:  87
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

what version of mech warrior?

Hiya 7toes ,

I guess if you follow the history of the game this is version 6 , I am kinda new to the mech warrior thing so I am only relying on what I have been able to pull up online lol , So far its a fun game and I am allready addicted to it lol --open beta was scheduled for 10/16/12 however was pushed back due to instability for many with the recent patch .

main page has some informative vids , forums etc..

http://mwomercs.com/login?return=%2Fprofile%2Fbeta-profile

you can also catch several of us XI members that play this and World of Tanks on the Headshot Xtreme website --where we are on teamspeak daily and playing , feel free to stop by and say hello

http://www.headshotdomain.net

cya on the battlefield ,

• Member ID:  591
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  71
  • Birthday:  08/02/1980

Hiya 7toes ,

I guess if you follow the history of the game this is version 6 , I am kinda new to the mech warrior thing so I am only relying on what I have been able to pull up online lol , So far its a fun game and I am allready addicted to it lol --open beta was scheduled for 10/16/12 however was pushed back due to instability for many with the recent patch .

Your close, this would be considered version 5 for the original Mechwarrior 3049 that was supposed to come out two years ago actually never got off the ground. The same company that was going to make that game felt that it was going to be better to make it a F2P game, (Free to Play), that was going to have the server stuff controlled only by them so all you had to do was download the game and kick butt in it.

It is a FPS game which at this moment in time there is no third person view except when you get tripped. Though it is in closed beta at this moment, if you go to http://www.mwomercs.com and register your account there, (Your pilots name is what you will be stuck with for the entire duration), then once registered, go into your "Profile" and input your system specs and fill out the little form, you will probably be in the closed beta with in a few days, depending on the time of the week you registered.

This is the first Mechwarrior game in the last decade and is the first that is not done or owned by Microsoft. Last MW game to be released was back in 2001 which was Mechwarrior 4.

We currently have lances that run every night and already have a firm footing with in the MW:O community, and when they get the clan wars going, we already have several houses looking at putting us at the top of their list of Merc groups to use. That's right, [HSX], formally known as [HS] for some that may know me and my clan which played on your freeze tag server allot, has decided to be a Merc group and we have been one of the ones that most people have been watching and attempting to beat. We will be semi-competitive within the MW:O community and we also love helping people to get better with their mechs. we are always willing to help train people and work with each other to come up with the best build that we can.

If your interested in playing this game, and register and get in, feel free to contact Scooby or me and we will show you where the MW:O unofficial TS3 server where we run our lances from and you can come in and join in on the fun. Well good luck all and see you on the battlefield.

P.S.

Thanks Scooby for the kind words on the video, first time using that software so it was a learning experience.

Driving around in a 300 ton robot shooting sheet is just one word ---- FUN !!!

• Member ID:  59
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2114
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  15140
  • Days Won:  13
  • Device:  Windows

I still have the original MechWarrior game and a Microsoft Side Winder Joystick from the DOS days.