Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Please Give Us Suppressors For The M249 Saw

Katana

• Member ID:  2898
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1272
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/02/1954

it would be very very nice to have a suppressor for my 249. and yes they can be outfitted with a suppressor !!!!

Katana

BTW, notice how little the barrel moves when fired !!!!!

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.06
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Because something exists in RL doesnt mean its good for the game. In this case an LMG class with one would be too powerful in terms of balance. At a minimum, range would have to be severely reduced and possibly damage. So in effect what you get is a belt fed assault rifle with a silencer. An interesting idea but would require aspects that make it no more or less likely to make a kill than a scarh, assuming a player with equal skill for both weapons.

please sammy lets be reasonable, the power of the gun should be what it is in real life and there are other reasons for putting a suppressor on a weapon.

r1= no flash

r2=no recoil

r3= increase in velocity of projectile (yes about 10fps on avg)

r4=concealing position.

let the weapons be what they are, thats what combat is all about. btw walls do not protect you from bullets. i can take an m4 and kill a man behind an 8" concrete filled block wall in a heartbeat (3.5 sec to be exact) thats how much time it takes to empty a mag reload and fire an additional 5 or so rounds to punch a hole (that is statisticlal). if you are good in the game the high power of the weapon will make no difference either you are good or not. the suppressor will stop me from getting blinded every time i shoot. btw why can't i be able to use my weapon as they do in combat and yes they use suppressors on 249's they also put scopes on them and if you run out of belted ammo you can use mags from an m16, m4 and hk416.i love the 249 in real life and know a lot about it. i would give anything to have the 249 where i can select alt fire and it would fire in semiauto with a scope (it would be a good mod). please for once be reasonable with me sammy and try to meet some of not only my needs but others as well. its not that hard to add a suppressor to the attachment list.

one other thing in your post about hit value is that the hit value for the aug, m4, m16, 249 and g36 all fire 5.56 mm in real life and their hit value should be exactly the same except for the aug it in standard configuration would fire gw pat 90 european ammo and it is not as powerful as our m855lap ball we use, but i would except all the same..

now i know it can be used in game :

please please add the suppressor

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.06
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

please sammy lets be reasonable, the power of the gun should be what it is in real life and there are other reasons for putting a suppressor on a weapon.

Ok long winded... but I do that. ;)

No it shouldnt. It should be what is best for the game no more no less. This kind of game that is. COD... all of them... are arcade games. There have been realism games, as far as it goes in any video game. But their player base is relatively small because most people dont want that. As an example: The modding community has over the years had discussions about the very existence of perks. Realism advocates say they are silly and dont 'belong' in military fps games. However whether or not something belongs is a point of view and the vast majority of players like them.

So in the end it depends on who a game or a mod is aimed at. In this case OW2 is not geared towards realism. It is an arcade game. And yes there can be however many reasons for whatever attachment. But an LMG with a suppressor does not belong and its purpose is to be powerful and also to be loud. That is the balance.

One thing that would have been cool to add, but there just wasnt room, was a 'bipod' perk for the LMG. So a player that is prone turns it into a standard turret weapon. Some mods have done that and its cool. But the game only has turret weapons for the SAW and in OW2 the minigun. So it would also need them for the M60 and the RPD as well. Choices have to be made.

the suppressor would have been really sweet for my game for sure, as you can see bf3 has it and it looks really arcade in itself. so ooooooook