Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

LSAT tap fire god

• Member ID:  21077
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  170
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Guys,

If any of you guys watch LevelCap, you'll see that he made a video about the LSAT LMG in BF4.

The LSAT, which is a pretty bad gun, isn't all that bad if you tap fire it.  It has a .25 left recoil, .25 right recoil, and a .25 upwards recoil. and a 1 for first shot modifier which means that the accuracy on the LSAT is really great with tap fire.  If you add an angle grip to this gun it lowers the first shot recoil by 33%. When you mix the angle grip with the first shot of the LSAT the first shot hardly has any recoil to it at all, which means if you quickly tap fire it you can down people for extremely long ranges...try it sometime. I am loving it and I am level 62 in BF4. I haven't unlocked very many LMG because I don't really like them, but this changes everything.  You can also add a flip up scope for even more accuracy but the rest of the attachments are up to you.

Remember tap fire is NOT burst fire, tap fire is taping the fire button once then doing that over and over again, while Burst fire is holding the fire button down for a second or two then lifting up.

• Member ID:  20789
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  936
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7004
  • Birthday:  04/18/1981

I saw that, I will have to try that gun out, since were were all talking about our favorites in the other thread too :)

• Member ID:  3113
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1228
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  9622
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/15/1980

What is a LMG?

:lol:

• Member ID:  20834
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  1857

What is a LMG?

:lol:

Pish go back to your weak class :P jk

• Member ID:  20789
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  936
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7004
  • Birthday:  04/18/1981

I ran with it last night, at a distance it is quite impressive. I might just keep this up and try it out more.....

• Member ID:  349
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  821
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5195
  • Birthday:  01/27/1971

Sounds like fun, thank you Blaze!

• Member ID:  20726
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  465

The LSAT has been a really good gun since BF3, it just didn't get a lot of love because of the MG4, and now the AWS.

Hopefully we'll see more of them on the battlefield.

• Member ID:  20854
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  384

Cats: Perhaps I'm a total N000B, but I tried the MG4 last night and it just didn't match up to the AWS.  I like the bigger clip, but that was about it. 

I'll give the LSAT a try.

• Member ID:  20834
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  1857

Cats: Perhaps I'm a total N000B, but I tried the MG4 last night and it just didn't match up to the AWS. I like the bigger clip, but that was about it.

I'll give the LSAT a try.

The AWS has one thing over the MG4 and it's ease of use. What attachments were you using for the MG4? Also were you moving and shooting at med-long distance and were you tap firing?

I tried the LSAT again for a bit and holy cow it was like a laser beam (tat, tat, tat dead). I may have to try it out more. I'll probably be playing more support than usual and try some other guns out as well.

Edit: two things faster reload and what I mentioned above. It's a variant to the m16 class so it's more in line with ARs and AR suppression model. It is definitely a good gun, however, I have different opinions than the top YT peeps. I think the AWS is overused but not the best.

Edited by acucats07

Right now I am getting 100 kills on every weapon.  Then I will go for unlocks on all guns.  Going through the PDWs.  HOLY FUCK DO THEY SUCK.  But I am dreading LMGs the most. I fucking hate LMGs and hate the support class even more.

xJUxjYs.png

LOL.  I just noticed I have 31 recon stars.  But I have like 300 sniper kills.  Gotta love aggressive recon, hail to all the great spawn beacon!

• Member ID:  21077
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  170

The AWS has one thing over the MG4 and it's ease of use. What attachments were you using for the MG4? Also were you moving and shooting at med-long distance and were you tap firing?

I tried the LSAT again for a bit and holy cow it was like a laser beam (tat, tat, tat dead). I may have to try it out more. I'll probably be playing more support than usual and try some other guns out as well.

Edit: two things faster reload and what I mentioned above. It's a variant to the m16 class so it's more in line with ARs and AR suppression model. It is definitely a good gun, however, I have different opinions than the top YT peeps. I think the AWS is overused but not the best.

I am dreading LMG's and Snipers....I suck at both really hard

• Member ID:  19683
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  578
  • Achievement Points:  4968
  • Device:  iPhone

The LMGs are properly easy to use in close quarters in BF4. Pretty much all of them canb e used full-auto for 10+ shot bursts at under 50 meters, the exceptions being the high caliber specimens.

Pretty much all BF4 maps can be mastered with LMGs. I've bee done with the LMGS for months and am using explosive shotguns now to make it more of a challenge.

• Member ID:  20914
  • Content Count:  38
  • Achievement Points:  246
  • Birthday:  01/01/1969

Right now I am getting 100 kills on every weapon.  Then I will go for unlocks on all guns.  Going through the PDWs.  HOLY FUCK DO THEY SUCK.  But I am dreading LMGs the most. I fucking hate LMGs and hate the support class even more.

I'm not going to bother with the PDW, I assumed they sucked *shrug*. LMG are really not that bad imo as long as you're looking downsight. I def use the extra ammo to keep people suppressed and behind cover.

I'm done even trying with the sniper/DMRs. I just can't seem to make myself useful with them. Unless you count catching bullets useful.

The LMGs are properly easy to use in close quarters in BF4. Pretty much all of them canb e used full-auto for 10+ shot bursts at under 50 meters, the exceptions being the high caliber specimens.

Pretty much all BF4 maps can be mastered with LMGs. I've bee done with the LMGS for months and am using explosive shotguns now to make it more of a challenge.

Its interesting you say that.  Because anytime I use an LMG in a close quarter situation I feel like this every time:

giphy.gif

I can only seem to kill with them at 50m +

• Member ID:  20914
  • Content Count:  38
  • Achievement Points:  246
  • Birthday:  01/01/1969

Its interesting you say that.  Because anytime I use an LMG in a close quarter situation I feel like this every time:

giphy.gif

I can only seem to kill with them at 50m +

LOL God I love that movie...

If I recall correctly when you start firing without looking down sight first your hipfire accuracy is being used. You have to be looking down sight prior to pulling the trigger. This may or may not be a bug which is fixed?

Edited by hypn0t1k

LOL God I love that movie...

If I recall correctly when you start firing without looking down sight first your hipfire accuracy is being used. You have to be looking down sight prior to pulling the trigger. This may or may not be a bug which is fixed?

You are correct.  If you start firing before you ADS, then there is a delay before you get to full accuracy.  This was in BF3 and DICE has confirmed it is not a bug and it is expected behavior.  Makes sense I guess.

• Member ID:  20902
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1279
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  9614
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

tried the LSAT yesterday. was doing pretty decent with it. Then the Thunderstorm and tornados knocked out my power. god doesn't want me to win. fact.

• Member ID:  19683
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  578
  • Achievement Points:  4968
  • Device:  iPhone

536fc7d9a2067_tapfire_god.png

By the way, if you want to tap-fire, you seem to have three decent options in the LMG world.

LSAT, as discussed, is great at tap firing. The u100 mk5 (base LMG) fires very slowly but has low recoil and spread so it might do this, and the 1960 have sent their M60e4 since apparently this thing still isn't dead yet.

Listed are the LSAT (hvy barrel vs no barrel mod) the U100 mk5 (no barrel mod) and the M60 (hvy barrel vs no barrel mod). All of them have the angle grip since that halves 1st shot recoil, and tap-firing only has 1st shot to worry about.

All three of these are appalling shits compared to the other weapons in the game, especially as closer ranges. You're going to need to sit still and tap-spray the pants off people to work these well.

First: Hvy Barrel adds accuracy but ads recoil up.

The LSAT's up recoil becomes 0.375 x 2/3 = 0.25

M60: 0.9 x 0.335 = .3015

While that certainly isn't a lot, it's enough that you need to slow your firing rate right down to DMR speeds to stay on target, or work on manually controlling that recoil since you are going to notice this at a distance. And since "at a distance" is where this tapfire works, and what the hvy barrel was meant to improve... so don't use the hvy barrel.

Then, without the barrel mod:

LSAT recoil is .25/.25./25 and the M60 is .6/.4/.3 which is less so LSAT wins, right?

Well, no. The M60's first shot recoil is multiplied by .335, and the LSAT is multiplied by .67

So the final result is:

LSAT .17/.17/.17

M60 .18/.13/.10

That is a big difference. While it's true that the up recoil on the M60 is a tiny bit larger, the sideways drift is far less. Since the bullets have the same spread from either gun, that makes the M60s first shot as accurate, and the second shot more accurate, than the LSAT's. Also, unless you're really good at aiming at heads, you're goign to be aiming for the center of masss, and having the gun kick up won't put it off target - the bullet just hits a little higher. Which won't hurt (you).

The spread on the M60 climbs quicker, weapon takes a little longer to recenter after each shot, and the bullet speed is lower. But, the LSAT is a faster firing weapon, so the chance of firing a second shot by mistake are way higher (which I noticed to my cost playing for the attachments on all these LMGs) and the fact that you're tapfiring will bring your rate of fire down to your tap speed anyway, in which case the lower 1st shot recoil of the M60 means it's done centering faster than the LSAT.

Add to this consideration the M60's increased damage, and you have a clear winner for 50 -> 200 meter engagements which is not the LSAT.

Beyond that range, you have two issues with the M60: the slow bullets become tricky to put on moving targets, and DICE hasn't fixed, and won't fix, the bug that the barrel-end iron sight stays on the weapon when you put on a scope, obstructing your view. So you can't see what you're aiming for with the scopes - it's 1x optics, IRNV, or FLIR with this gun.

That makes the LSAT the better of these two guns than the M60 at ranges over 200 meters. But at that range, you're going to get your ass handed to you by anyone even halfway capable with a DMR or bolt-action.

And the lowly U100 mk5 that everyone begins with and which seems, by its spread, recoil and bullet velocity to have found a thing it can do? Did I put it in the middle of that sheet to show that it does have some use?

That first-shot recoil even with the angle grip means that, sadly, the U100 can't do this, either. It's still complete shit, outclassed by literally every other LMG in pretty much every possible scenario.

So, when you are out there tapfiring that LSAT, dying constantly and in need of a better gun, remember: the sixties are here to help.

Edited by DuckyofDeath123