Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

FTB server flymode.

mrchappie

• Member ID:  3511
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  351
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2615
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1993

I've been thinking about the flying feature for higher ranked players, on the Feed the Beast server i think this actually removes some of the fun, Because its rather easy to build lower grade jet-packs and such and having free fly-mode nullifies the point of even having jet-packs in the game, Also you can build something called a glider, ( Which actually makes you travel faster then flight mode) So i think we should deliberate removing flight mode and letting players actually having fun building and using flying machines!

• Member ID:  20789
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  936
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7004
  • Birthday:  04/18/1981

I agree with this. 

I am also seeking to disable most of the kits, they don't really have much purpose on FTB. I will keep a couple of the basic ones that give you food and coal. 

• Member ID:  677
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Content Count:  1457
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  9890
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  02/20/1986
  • Device:  Windows

says chappie after becoming and admin and spawning everything he wants to build

i havent spawned anything actually, and i had the best jetpack before i was an admin.

you got everything while fly mode was activated... and you still use fly mode to do creating do you not? disable it for admins too they dont need it... jetpacks + admin warp

The admins will not be disabling the fly command for admins, it still serves a purpose for us. That said we will not be using it while playing the game. The only valid argument I have seen so far has been to disable it because it removes most of the challenge and fun of trying to build a jet pack. It really does take away from a several mods that we are running. This does not mean that turning fly mode off is the popular decision, we all enjoy fly mode better, that does not mean that we need to have it.

I would like us all to give the jet packs a chance.

Also, please don't assume the admins are spawning things into the game, we are not cheating, we are enjoying the game just the same as everyone else. Some people just know more about what can be made and how to make it. I am still learning so far I have only managed to make what I have seen others build. There is much we can all learn and do  ;)

• Member ID:  2527
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1945
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16150
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/27/1981

I don't have much to say about this because Fir3 just talked for the both of us. 

I do not believe and i know for 100% sure chappie cheated the stuff. and i believe for a 1000% that if he did Marshall would have taken action. 

they are both on the same server, so i do not believe this is happening. 

If this is a decision the FTB admins have made, so it will be. 

The admins will not be disabling the fly command for admins, it still serves a purpose for us. That said we will not be using it while playing the game. The only valid argument I have seen so far has been to disable it because it removes most of the challenge and fun of trying to build a jet pack. It really does take away from a several mods that we are running. This does not mean that turning fly mode off is the popular decision, we all enjoy fly mode better, that does not mean that we need to have it.

I would like us all to give the jet packs a chance.

Also, please don't assume the admins are spawning things into the game, we are not cheating, we are enjoying the game just the same as everyone else. Some people just know more about what can be made and how to make it. I am still learning so far I have only managed to make what I have seen others build. There is much we can all learn and do   ;)

I am not assuming that you are spawning things in the game i know for a fact at least one of the admins are because they have said, in teamspeak, they spawned too many of an item.

Edited by fireurza

I guess I don't know about the specific context of the conversation you had or the specific comment said. I can tell you that neither of the admins are cheating / spawning items in game for personal gain. 

If you have more to talk about this subject I would prefer to take it off the forums. Please come find me in teamspeak and we can talk it over. 

• Member ID:  21036
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  327

I don't like jetpacks.  I've played with them before and they are a pain in the butt to build and keep going.  If you don't have fly mode they're great but compared to /fly jetpacks suck rocks.  Most of them you have to keep charged up and the only way to have them charge on their own is with a dorky hat.  Even then you can't just fly all you want without running out of juice because the hat doesn't charge the jetpack as fast as flying discharges it.

Chappie has said he thinks they look cool but I don't even like wearing armor.  I'd rather cruise around in just the skin I always use.  Every piece of armor or jetpack or whatever always looks clunky and lame to me.

I like to build.  Anything that gets in the way of that like having complex recipes that are made of things that all have complex recipes that are made of things that have complex recipes... etc... isn't fun for me.  It's just grinding and a pain.  I don't feel like I've accomplished anything significant by building and upgrading items.  When I first played FTB that was fun for me but now I'm bored with that stuff and don't want to deal with it.

My vote is definitely to turn /fly back on for donators.  Let the non-donators build jetpacks if they want but I'd rather stick with /fly.

I vote for /fly to come back.... its an XI server not a FIR3 and chappie server

You sure know how to try to score points with the people that make the decisions don't you :P

You will play how we tell you to play! :D

Edited by Fir3Marshal

You sure know how to try to score points with the people that make the decisions don't you :P

You will play how we tell you to play! :D

will you now? with our money? we have less players supporting minecraft than we did bf3 and look what happened to the bf3 servers

I'm not upset that they disabled /fly.  They are the admins and make the decisions on what they are going to allow and what they are not going to allow.  They are trying to set things up that the game is the most fun they can for the users.  The best guide for that is what they find fun for themselves.

If they change something that you don't like, tell them what you don't like and why and if enough people chime in objecting to the change then they'll most likely change it back unless they changed it for performance reasons.  One person logging on and acting like an ass isn't going to influence them to change things.

-edit-

One thing to keep in mind: Minecraft is a game and only a game and there are a crapload of Minecraft servers out there.  Try not to invest too much into it emotionally because it's really not worth it.  If you're having fun, great.  If not let folks know why and maybe they'll fix it.  If they don't there are always other Minecraft servers and other games besides Minecraft.

Edited by awollangk

will you now? with our money? we have less players supporting minecraft than we did bf3 and look what happened to the bf3 servers

What is your point? really? are you just trolling? I was trying to make a joke, hence the smiley.... you seem to have taken this simple post and completely take it into a rant about several random accusations all of them not even related to the post at hand, us disabling fly mode.  

Edited by Fir3Marshal

Fir3 started out paying for this server out of his own pocket.  It has become his project and he is the head admin.  And it's not your money, it's clan money and Fir3 is part of the clan as is Chappie.  There may be fewer players supporting Minecraft but those players tend to donate significantly more money.  And if money becomes a problem either Fir3 or I alone can afford to support the server by ourselves if needs be and one or both of us would step up.

I said in teamspeak *i accidently spawned this when was trying to look for a recipe. you know.. when you go in your inventory and hold the r button over something and it shows you the schematic ? or would you even know since all the machines in your base fire have been crafted by me and given to you before i even was an admin ? Just shows how quick you can turn on someone when they get a position of power doesn't it. As for admin cheating, out of all the admin i am the least likely, before this was an >XI< server i called many people out on it including marshal when he was trying things, i don't like playing on servers with spawned items nor will i play on them.

Chappie talk to marshal. We had a chat last night off the forums after all these posts

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  20989
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  610
  • Birthday:  09/24/1985

I'm not upset that they disabled /fly.  They are the admins and make the decisions on what they are going to allow and what they are not going to allow.  They are trying to set things up that the game is the most fun they can for the users.  The best guide for that is what they find fun for themselves.

If they change something that you don't like, tell them what you don't like and why and if enough people chime in objecting to the change then they'll most likely change it back unless they changed it for performance reasons.  One person logging on and acting like an ass isn't going to influence them to change things.

-edit-

One thing to keep in mind: Minecraft is a game and only a game and there are a crapload of Minecraft servers out there.  Try not to invest too much into it emotionally because it's really not worth it.  If you're having fun, great.  If not let folks know why and maybe they'll fix it.  If they don't there are always other Minecraft servers and other games besides Minecraft.

Hey i know this is coming late Awol, but the power armor (which can have a jetpack installed) can be made invisible.... Thats why you never saw me wearing armor but i was wearing armor ;)

Hey i know this is coming late Awol, but the power armor (which can have a jetpack installed) can be made invisible.... Thats why you never saw me wearing armor but i was wearing armor ;)

But you still have to deal with keeping things charged and I don't really want to bother. I have just been not flying at all. I've also heard that jetpacks are no good for building which is actually what I'd want flying for. I don't enjoy flying all over the map looking for fortresses to raid. I go mining for materials and build. That's the way I play Minecraft. And I don't really want to go through a thousand steps to get the stuff I need to build what I want.

A lot of games these days seem to think tedium = difficulty. So if an easy quest is "collect 10 x" a hard quest might be "collect 1000 x". This isn't really changing the difficulty. There's a mod that is sometimes included in FTB called GregTech that is a prime example of this. The only thing this does is change recipes so that they are more tedious to build. A good example of this is a quarry. Normally it takes the following items to build a quarry:

With GregTech this changes to:

This increases the tedium and makes players build a bunch more machines before they can build a quarry but it doesn't really make it any harder.

Hmmm.... I vote to get rid of Gregtech :P

Any benefit lost from doing that?

I second that vote

• Member ID:  20989
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  610
  • Birthday:  09/24/1985

There are a few things that can be put into a power suit to keep it charged. When i had mine i used a heat sync and a kinetic generator, But a solar panel can be added to the helm also and with these items can make charging unnecessary.