Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Help! :p

• Member ID:  24842
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1410
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  14709
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  09/12/1989
  • Device:  Windows

So I may be posting this is the wrong topic (if that's the case, my apologies!)

I have an other server where I sometimes play a bit search and destroy, in case the FTAG servers are full. Earlier today, that was the case so I went to play the other server. It is a server with a different mod, it has all kind of weird rewards for killstreak etc. So when entering the server it asks me to download a different kind of cod/patch or whatever. Usually I click abort and the server starts playing anyway without having to download anything. Right now I twitched and accidently clicked the install button. I thought I cancelled it in time, but now it says my cod is patch 1.8 - 17.3.
I can't find the FTAG server anymore, let alone play it. I searched through my folders and it says it only has patch 1.7. Also redownloading patch 1.7 doesnt work cause it says I already got it.

Anybody has an idea what could be the problem here? Would really hate it if I need to reinstall the game and lose all statistics, lvl etc. I am a big *** noob when it comes to technical stuff like this (browsing the folders in search of the patches requires me to utilise all talents in me).

Hope someone can help out!

• Member ID:  465
  • Group:  +++ COD4 Head Admin
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2073
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  19097
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  02/09/1977

i seen this patch before in this video is shows that it has a uninstaller  look at 0.56

• Member ID:  24842
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1410
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  14709
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  09/12/1989

Thanks for the reply LOCO!

After a long and intense teamviewer session with Daskaid the problem got solved :) Glad to be able to preserve all the statistics etc. and be able to play again!

• Member ID:  465
  • Group:  +++ COD4 Head Admin
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2073
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  19097
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  02/09/1977

i just installed this patch and im able to see all 1.7 servers fine  if you look in the server browser  where you see favs local internet  now it has a extra one i believe its for 1.8 patch servers . i was able to see the xi servers fine and connect to it

with no issues 

for anyone that doesn't like the 1.8 patch go to your install directory of cod4 you will see C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\cod4x-uninstall.exe  this will remove patch