Jump to content

RANDALL

** Registered Users
  • Posts

    844
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9
  • Donations

    174.21 USD 
  • Points

    538,800 [ Donate ]

Everything posted by RANDALL

  1. Happy Birthday!
  2. Happy Birthday!
  3. Happy belated Birthday!
  4. Happy Birthday, SoColGuy! Enjoy your day!
  5. Happy Birthday!
  6. Happy Birthday!
  7. Happy Birthday!
  8. Happy Birthday!
  9. Happy Birthday!
  10. Happy Birthday!
  11. deerejon, I also live in NJ. Are you familiar with the gun laws? Do I need some sort of permit?
  12. Hello, As many of you know, I love to use shotguns in video games. However, I do not know too much about them in real life. I would like to purchase a pump action shotgun for home defense and occasional target practice at a gun range. If anyone has advice for a good shotgun to buy, I'd greatly appreciate it. The reason I am interested in a pump action is because I heard they don't need to be calibrated, per ammo type, like an auto loading shotgun and have more versatility for what type of ammunition I load into it. Particularly, if I can shoot non-lethal bean bag rounds, that is what I'd like. I don't want to kill anybody, although of course I'd keep that type of ammo too. We had to down size and move into a more affordable home when my Dad died, and the area we live in now is not that great. Thanks. V/R, RANDALL
  13. Happy Birthday!
  14. Happy Birthday!
  15. I pick up fallen assautl rifles all the time. As far as using one as a primary, instead of my shotgun, it depends on the map. Certain maps that I know I can get a pretty good killstreak on, I may use an assault rifle. I actually prefer the M16A4 though. The Saritch takes too long to reload.
  16. I am the biggest advocate of Stealth because you are protected from a lot of ways of dying. If I had a dollar from all the times I hear people say "put a clip into the chopper", I'd have enough to buy a new computer. Just like I don't understand why anyone would actually want to smoke cigarettes. There are plenty of ways to die in-game, and in real life, so why not eliminate some of those chances? Just my opinion.
  17. Thanks. I used to play a lot of promod, the competitive version of this game. You're pretty good yourself.
  18. I have no problem with the Combat Medic perk. It is a great perk, and the only reason I don't use it is because of claymores and bouncing betties. It sounds weird, but I just don't like the spawn protection after killstreaks, even though I understand it. Maybe I like how simple Freezetag 1 is, where all you have is your initial spawn protection. I play in that server a lot too. Spawn protection killstreaks are just frustrating to me because often times it is the very last person you are searching for that gets away at the last second. It's part of the game, and I don't complain when I get blown up constantly by RC-XDs, etc. It's just the sucker punch that comes afterward and the taunting (without mentioning names) that annoys me. I don't like the toxicity and lack of sportsmanship sometimes in the MW2 server. Bunch of disrespectful killstreak fiends at times. Sorry for not making that clear.
  19. That's awesome! Congratulations. After the load of bs I put up with at work this week, I'll probably need a few drinks myself when I get home today. Drunken gaming is always fun. Cheers!
  20. I respect your opinion. I don't call people cowards because they don't play like me. The cowards, in my mind, are the people who use spawn protection to get behind me and taunt me after every kill. Is that warranted? I don't see a place for it. I feel it is derived from the addiction of getting killstreaks.
  21. Manipulating game mechanics, or am I using a capability that anyone can do that is unique to CoD4 and no other game in the franchise? You can decrease reload time of every weapon in the mod by tapping your change weapon key twice with precise timing. In my mind, exploiting game mechanics would be using a weapon switch bind and or scroll wheel fire (which is allowed) to shoot every round of my shotgun or pistol in under a second. Why is it necessary to force the pump of the shotgun? Because the SPAS-12 is the only weapon in the mod, like the W1200 in Freezetag 1, that jams. Superlicious? Considering the level of difficulty, yes. Do I handicap myself in most instances, yes. Could I use a ranged weapon, like an Assault rifle, use the overpowered RC-XD, Predator Missile, and Smartbombs setup, get 100 kills a map, and talk trash? Yes. Is that challenging or fun? No. Hypocrite? No. There are plenty of ways to exploit capabilities of the server, for example, strafe jumping to utilize the ability to glide across the map while running. Am I respectful? In most cases, yes? Most cases? Have I been attacked by other players in the server and retaliated after losing my cool? Yes. Do I feel that most people wish my SPAS-12 be nerfed into extinction? Yes. When people call bs on me, do they ever consider it to possibly be skill? I don't think so. When I call bs, it is never questioning another player's kill on me. I call bs on myself when I miss a shot I was sure would hit. I'd rather not start a huge argument. I just wanted people to understand how I play.
  22. One more thing I forgot to mention. People don't understand how I can shoot immediately after leaving spawn protection. To do this, while you are still invisible and wish to shoot someone that you see, click to shoot, quickly hit your change weapon key two times, and then shoot again. This especially works best with the SPAS-12 since it resists/takes longer to switch weapons. What I mean is that if you use a weapon that takes slightly longer to switch to your pistol or secondary weapon, by hitting your change weapon key twice after clicking shoot, you will keep your primary weapon out and you will be able to shoot immediately. On the other hand, for weapons that change quickly, like the M1014 shotgun, you might be stuck waiting for your secondary weapon to draw since your M1014 does not resist the weapon switch. Long story short, everyone knows your body spawns before your weapon, so use this trick to shoot immediately, or else you are begging for a knife down your throat.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.