Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

New rig parts coming

Bama

• Member ID:  19
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

dollardogg
plz buy another cooler later no oc until then

Ya, I just installed the Corsair H70 with fans in push/pull. I didn't OC until after I installed it yesterday. I haven't seen CPU temps above 45 since I installed it, even when I was above 4Ghz.

bump.. 

Mofo or Dread chime in

• Member ID:  628
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  659
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  5300
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/19/1986
  • Device:  Android

A yo!!! YOu got the same computer as mine almost! Check my CPUz in my Sig that is what I am running. I am down because of a pump but soon as I get her cracked off again I will help ya out a bit if ya want to OC that rig. You need to get ya NB up it will give you all the preformance you are going to get out of the system. Have to remember that NB voltage and CPU-NB voltage are two seprate things in AMD systems. So for now you can raise your NB multiplyer to give you around 2.6GHz and give it 1.3V to the CPU-NB Vlotage not the NB voltage NB is just your chipset. Your IMC (Intagrated Memory Controller) is in the CPU so it is going to raise your CPU temp a bit so just watch for that. Also drop all your ram timings to 8-8-8-24 but change the command rate to 2T. I believe your ram is 1.6V but you can be safe if it is giving you problems to overvolt it to 1.65 or 1.67 easy and bring it back down later. Raising it can help eleminate a simple problem because after you are stable you can lower and test till it crashes and then back up one notch for good stability and less heat.

Oh and you should be able to put your CPU on it's max safe voltage for air at 1.55 and test 4GHz with all other settings stock. Just watch your temps. If you can run Prime 95 for an hour on blend with no errors and not burning up then we have a good start. The CPU can be stable at less volts but 1.55 is safe if you stay under 62c. Then we can have some good fun. So start with 8-8-8-24 2T 1.65v on ram. Leave everything else stock NB HT and all.  Pump your CPU mult up to 20 with a base clock of 200 for 4GHz with 1.55v. Boot back into windows and run Prime95 (Watch your TEMPS right from boot and do not go over 62c. Although if you do it will just shut off. :) Try to get an hour into Prime 95 with thoes settings. If you crash or cannot boot or are not handeling the heat post. Need to try to start at 1.55 because Prime95 will stress your CPU to the max and you do not want to go over 1.55v on air anyway.

Once you get stable you can convert your overclock over for more preformance. Like say you are running a 4.2GHz OC with 200 Bus times your 21 CPU Mult. (200x21=4200MHz/4.2GHz) Then you run same test or benches with say a 300 Bus and a CPU Mult of 14 for 4.2 GHz.  (14x300=4200MHz/4.2GHz)The faster Buss is going to preform better. That is why people are buying the 1055T and claiming they are out preforming 1090T and up. They are forced to Overclock with the bus and with the data starting at a higher rate if both are stable overclocks the one that is using the bus faster is going to be faster. The Black Edition CPU's are known for the Mult being unlocked and it is easyer but that is just to find the sweet spot faster.

Here is my OC for ref. CLICK ME !

Shit also Bama you are running 1070MHz on thoes sticks right now you can turn them to 1600 in your bios. It might say 533, 667 or 800 in bios or CPUz but that is a dual data rate so you are running 1066, 1333 or 1600 at those settings. The extra voltage was considering you were running 1600MHz on the ram. You can leave the ram at about 1.55 or 1.6 for testing at 1333 and the 8-8-8-24 2T timings. But up to you.

Bump...... You said you needed info right?  LOLz!

LOL.. wowza.. that was a LOT of info, but exactly the kinda stuff I wuz looking for. I'm not on air anymore (well.. kinda hybrid I guess), the H70 is installed and running great. I will watch the temps of course, but feel much better about pushing the CPU now that I have some high performance CPU cooling. 

One issue I'm seeing is my NB temps. I suppose I need to pull the stock heatsink and look at the thermalpad contact. It's a new mobo version (not the version with the heatsink post length problems) but my NB temps are an average of 10 deg warmer than SB and CPU temps. This could be an issue with OC on the NB settings (its 47 deg at idle). Of course, if I convert to total liquid cooled, I can put a pad on the NB and be in good shape.. but that is money I can't (won't) spend right now. I may try looking at a NB air cooler of some sort.

I tried looking at your link to your rig yesterday, but it was down. It works today.. I didn't realize my build was so similar. Yours is much nicer. I don't take advantage of the eyeinfinity stuff I have, I only have one big LCD.

I'm on nights until Tuesday, so I may not get a shot at doing much until then (I only eat/sleep/work when I'm 'on the clock'). I will tweak with the advice you've given and post some results as I do. 

Thanks for the info.