Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Everyone Remembers Where They Were On 9-11

RIPZILLA

• Member ID:  122
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2843
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Achievement Points:  21919
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/10/1964
  • Device:  Windows

I was sleeping, I had worked 12 hrs the night before at the local hospital, I remember my mom yelling at me to get up, that we were under attack, I remember thinking she must be crazy, I got up and went into the den with her, standing there watching the tv i remember saying omg omg omg over and over, My moms friend went and got the kids from school and I sat there the rest of the day holding my moms hand. I think we all were in shock, it was awful and I pray I never see anything like that again. My heart still goes out to those that lost their lives that day and their families. My thanks to all the rescue workers and others that helped.

• Member ID:  2774
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1172
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/04/1978

i had just got to work early so i could take the day off after paper work since the 11th is my moms birthday when i heard it all from the planes hitting the wtc to the plane that hit the pentagon >_< needless to say the peperwork wasn't done the boss closed the shop early cause of this and my mom had a terrible birthday cause of the news Q_Q

Awards

• Member ID:  177
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961
  • Device:  iPhone

I was actually out of the country - working in Mexico. I was scheduled to go home that Thursday, but of course, the borders were closed and the planes were all grounded so I sat it out in Leon, Mexico. We were on one of the first planes back into the country. I remember the entire flight crew was so nervous and the pilot came out and told us 5-6 people in first class that we were the only thing stopping it from happening again. If anyone tried to get in that door we were to take them down - that was wierd. It also made me realize just how close the bathroom is to the cockpit door. Every time one of us went to the bathroom, everyone else was watching them - reach for the wrong door and there was no telling what would happen.

I remember watching it on a scratchy little 10" or so TV in an outside break area with the owner constantly moving the antenna to get a better picture.

That evening all the gringo's gathered at one guy's house who had US satellite and watched the footage for hours. Most of the people got drunk out of fear, not knowing if we would ever get home.