Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Just Something Interesting to Read If you Have Time

Souleater

• Member ID:  26965
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  345
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

So recently, I had to participate as a researcher in a science research project, and the thing they were researching on was "Does Ingame Music have a effect on player toxicity?" The experiment concludes on July 27th in EST time, but as I was looking on how to measure player toxicity, I found this science research journal on how Reddit banned subreddits such as /r/coontown and /r/fatpeoplehate. They basically created a whole dictionary of words they considered hate speech or just toxic in general and then they set a program free on Reddit to ban subreddits or users that met a certain requirement and this is called automatic filtering. Then they did manual filtering for the rest, but Im not exactly sure how they did it. So for american if you time today while eating something or watching fireworks on the 4th of July and have time, I suggest you read this (http://comp.social.gatech.edu/papers/cscw18-chand-hate.pdf) and spend some of your time  doing something academic!

cscw18-chand-hate.pdf

Awards

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.15
  • Achievement Points:  63248
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954
  • Device:  Windows

FU !    :lol:

See the filters don't work, science huh!