Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Prometheus

Sonovabich

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131491
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

After waiting about 2 years for this movie i finally got to see it yesterday, i won't give the ending away or anything but all i can say is on reflection i am a bit disappointed, the sets and everything were good some of the special effects too but i thought the 3D quality was poor, not a patch on Avatars 3D, it ended leaving me with more questions then i had before the start, to be honest they should have just left us wondering who the space jockeys were, it was big let down when we finally find that out, it seems like they tried to cram 45 minutes worth of action into the last 20 minutes, everything seemed rushed and unrealistic, the last few seconds of the movie just seemed to me as if it was an afterthought, something they thought they ought to do as if we were all expecting it so it should happen, it was only for sensationalism i think, plenty of good actors in the movie who just did not get enough airtime, some of the stuff that happened in it was the sort of stuff you see going on in a cheap badly scripted horror movie, the end of the movie does leave it open for another sequel or is that a sequel of a prequel? but now that i have watched it, on reflection i think they have taken the Alien franchise in the wrong direction they should have went forwards not backwards, yesterday i would have given this movie 7 out of 10 but after more thought i will just give it 6 out of 10, very disappointing from a top director like Ridley Scott, lets hope when he makes the Blade Runner sequel it is better then this. :no

• Member ID:  1103
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

So any idea if your expectations were too big going in? Would this work at all for someone who didn't know everything about the other movies?

Edited by PingLo

No in my opinion it wouldn't work for someone who knew nothing about the other movies ( you not seen them Ping? surely not) i just think it was a bit of a let down regardless of my expectations, dunno how much he had to cut from the movie but he should have put some back in at the end, i am seeing negative reviews everywhere about this movie now, newspapers etc, that would not put me off if i wanted to see something but i predict this will not make the money they were expecting, short on shocks and suspense so all the teen screamers will not get much out of it, all the scares and shocks were totally predictable and as i said i thought the last 20 minutes or so were a bit silly.

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.14
  • Achievement Points:  129714
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

im confused.. what post are we on... this one or the other one. Twins are sometimes very hard to tell apart. hahaha

How come we got 2 posts for this...what happened lol, maybe an Alien cloned it :help:

• Member ID:  1103
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

No in my opinion it wouldn't work for someone who knew nothing about the other movies ( you not seen them Ping? surely not) i just think it was a bit of a let down regardless of my expectations, dunno how much he had to cut from the movie but he should have put some back in at the end, i am seeing negative reviews everywhere about this movie now, newspapers etc, that would not put me off if i wanted to see something but i predict this will not make the money they were expecting, short on shocks and suspense so all the teen screamers will not get much out of it, all the scares and shocks were totally predictable and as i said i thought the last 20 minutes or so were a bit silly.

Just wondering how it would work for wifey.. I only see a couple of movies a year at the most, Avengers was one, looks like this won't be #2

Ping i thought about it and i changed my mind, yes it would be ok for someone who had no knowledge of the other movies to watch it, as it is a prequel the other 4 movies ain't happened yet so having no knowledge of them would probably be an advantage, but then you gotta let her watch the other 4 afterwards :good:

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  819
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1060
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  6125
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/22/1971

Ridley Scott has said there will be a follow on form this I believe, ,and although I want to see it and haven't yet, knowing this may change how I see it.

He didn't say there would be a sequel Heff, he said he would like to do one, if this one flops like i think it might i can't see that happening, money talks, he is going to busy in the next couple of years making the sequel to Blade Runner anyway.

• Member ID:  819
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1060
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  6125
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/22/1971

OK cool.

One thing I would expect is atmosphere, does the film live up to the trailers expectations on this SOB?

Depends what you mean by atmosphere m8, if you mean was it like Alien/Aliens etc and the suspense built up then no, not for me no suspense at all you knew everything that was going to happen, it never gave us nothing new and that's what disappointed me a bit, i'm not saying don't see it, make your own mind up, there were too many things that never added up if you know the history of the other 4 films, if this was a stand alone film i would say it was good but because it is linked to the other 4 then i think it comes out a bit tame, the best scene for me (not spoiling anything) was a do it yourself operation to lets say mmmm remove something lol.