Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

shootin from Gunner view in my bomber

Leadfinger

• Member ID:  4888
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962
  • Device:  Windows

I need some help on this  . . .here's the scene :  I'm dropping 50 kgs bombs like a seagull at the beach and i'm getting heat from the enemy, I switch to gunner view to try and "pepper there little ass" and i pull the trigger and nothing . . . . text in the lower left says "Target in dead zone" . . . bullshit  . . .i'm gonna be in the dead zone if i cant start shooting at them. :2guns:

YES the target is close enough (directly behind me and closing)  and I have an experienced gunner on board. This is my best shot at getting air kills since I cant get the basics of Ariel combat down (I'm still working on it)

I have shot a couple down like this before  but I don't know why this is randomly happening.

Any Tips would be very much appreciated.

On another note ;

It sucks that were sliding down a bit  . . BUT stay optimistic the whole squad is getting better . . .. . here is a little something to cheer you up, If you go into the squadron standings and click on the number of ground targets killed it shows like we are in 67th place or something like that . . .lol  (I hope I read that right)

I've been briefed and  cleared for take off  . . . . cya  :smoke:

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I need some help on this  . . .here's the scene :  I'm dropping 50 kgs bombs like a seagull at the beach and i'm getting heat from the enemy, I switch to gunner view to try and "pepper there little ass" and i pull the trigger and nothing . . . . text in the lower left says "Target in dead zone" . . . bullshit  . . .i'm gonna be in the dead zone if i cant start shooting at them. :2guns:

YES the target is close enough (directly behind me and closing)  and I have an experienced gunner on board. This is my best shot at getting air kills since I cant get the basics of Ariel combat down (I'm still working on it)

I have shot a couple down like this before  but I don't know why this is randomly happening.

On another note ;

It sucks that were sliding down a bit  . . BUT stay optimistic the whole squad is getting better . . .. . here is a little something to cheer you up, If you go into the squadron standings and click on the number of ground targets killed it shows like we are in 67th place or something like that . . .lol  (I hope I read that right)

I don't know why it does that m8, think it happens to everyone, many times i can hear my rear gunner firing at an enemy plane, i switch views so i can take over the duties and...nothing happens i cannot make him shoot or anything as soon as i change views again he starts shooting again, at first i though he was maybe reloading but not so, best thing to do is rank your gunners up (if you have planes that need more then one man you need to buy the extra crew ranking points or they don't perform) what i mean is click on your "go to crew" button then go to "gunners" at the very top it says "number of experienced gunners" now if you are in a bomber that needs 4 crew and you only have bought one or two gunners your plane will or crew will not perform too good, you need to fill all these slots up,i know it can take quite a few Silver Lions maybe 240 each crew member but that is what you need to do, then when you have all your crew you really need to rank them all up in all the categories in the "Gunners" section and then probably best to leave them to shot enemies down themselves to be honest.

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962

On another note ;

I don't know why it does that m8, think it happens to everyone, many times i can hear my rear gunner firing at an enemy plane, i switch views so i can take over the duties and...nothing happens i cannot make him shoot or anything as soon as i change views again he starts shooting again, at first i though he was maybe reloading but not so, best thing to do is rank your gunners up (if you have planes that need more then one man you need to buy the extra crew ranking points or they don't perform) what i mean is click on your "go to crew" button then go to "gunners" at the very top it says "number of experienced gunners" now if you are in a bomber that needs 4 crew and you only have bought one or two gunners your plane  or crew will not perform too good, you need to fill all these slots up, i know it can take quite a few Silver Lions maybe 240 each crew member but that is what you need to do, then when you have all your crew you really need to rank them all up in all the categories in the "Gunners" section and then probably best to leave them to shoot enemies down themselves to be honest.

Thanks m8

There is 1 rear facing gunner and I have 2 experienced gunners on the airplane so I will drop some silver and make sure they can shoot.

Good to hear that its not just happening to me but it don't seem right that you cant take over and shoot from that position . ..maybe the game recognizes who is a better shooter and chooses the "bot" gunner lol  . . in my case its probably the smart choice.

It really does help to have a good gunner on board so I can concentrate on dropping my load and then flying to a safe place for reloading.

Luv it when the enemy's ground forces are nicely lined up and you can just fly over and bomb their ass. 

I'm fixing to upgrade my computer, just too many issues to overcome . . . .

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

even if you get to shoot at them from the gunners position they have the damage set so weak on them you run out of ammo before you can even make them start smokin