Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Unbanning The THAUMCRAFT Bedrock Dimension (Not Deep Dark)

• Member ID:  24608
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  35
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

After a day or two of gathering the resources to make an awakened ichorium pickaxe, I finally made one. The first thing I did was to mine directly to the bedrock dimension. Sadly, I later learned the bedrock dimension for THAUMCRAFT (Not Extra Utilities Deep Dark) was disabled. I would like to request the unbanning of this dimension. It's not simple a dimension full of bedrock, it's a dimension full of ore. If one could understand the sheer concentration of ore and riches in this dimension, it would probably not be banned. This dimension also contains ore that cannot be grown by magic crops (Cinnibar). Personally, I would rather have this than a mining dimension. Quarries can infact be used in this dimension and will mine nothing but ore since this dimension has no cobblestone, dirt, or any other kind of block like that within it. The dimension is entirely made of huge columns of valuable resources and bedrock. Of course, to get to this dimension, one would need an awakened ichorium pickaxe. This pickaxe is a bit hard to craft, but well worth it in the end. I doubt this dimension will cause severe server lag since the server already has over 12 (Over 12 Counting all the Outer Lands dimensions) open for exploration. Ultimately, I have played on other servers using this modpack with active bedrock dimensions and they experience just about the same amount of lag as this server. This may be because not many players choose to make awakened ichorium pickaxes and therefor are not actively exploring the bedrock dimension. 

IMAGES OF THAUMCRAFT BEDROCK DIMENSION (NO, THIS IS NOT THE DEEP DARK)

post-24608-0-48489300-1465079902_thumb.jpg

post-24608-0-22191300-1465080017_thumb.jpg

post-24608-0-14963800-1465080106_thumb.png

Pros to Thaumcraft Bedrock Dimension (Not Deep Dark)

-Far more resources to mine than ANY other dimension in the game

-Far higher resource concentration than ANY other dimension in the game for quarries

-Far more resources present that Mcrops CANNOT GROW than ANY other dimension in the game

-Would not have to worry about thousands of bits of bedrock lying on the ground when mining since once bedrock in that dimension is mined, it simply disappears. It does not become an item to be picked up (This would mean mining would cause less lag)

Possible Cons to Thaumcraft Bedrock Dimension (Not Deep Dark)

-Would cause as much lag as any other current dimension on the server (Most likely not a whole lot)

-Requires a pickaxe or other mining utility capable of mining bedrock to mine around the dimension

-Can only have a portal to it created with an awakened ichorium pickaxe

Conclusion:

I understand the staff may be hesitant to allow players to roam this dimension. This is most likely because they believe this dimension is not necessary, or this dimension will cause lag. The truth is, it will most likely not be loaded in as much as the other dimensions and if it was, it would only cause as much lag as any of the other 12+ dimensions currently available to players.

-PLEASE READ THIS, Staff-

I understand you don't want to enable this portal because it is only one more dimension for the server to load. Could we at least do a test run to see how the server handles this dimension? Perhaps a 3-4 day time period of having this portal enabled? If it's unbearable for the server, then can't the portal simply be disabled once more?

Thank you for your time.

-Sincerely, FreezeBreeze

Edited by FreezeBreeze123

• Member ID:  24161
  • Group:  ++ Minecraft Admin
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  2301
  • Birthday:  10/24/1989

Just my 2 cents here, but you can grow the primal crystal shards using magical crops. forget the exact name, but i think it is shard seed/essence.

• Member ID:  24608
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  35

Oh, you can. o-o 

Anyone know if there are cinnabar seeds as well?

Edited by FreezeBreeze123

• Member ID:  2465
  • Group:  +++ Minecraft Head Admin
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1818
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  14559
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/17/1972
  • Device:  Windows

Lots in the other dimensions.

• Member ID:  24117
  • Group:  ++ Minecraft Admin
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  3402
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/14/1994
  • Device:  Windows

You can't grow Cinnabar but I'd recommend using a digital miner and just set it to mine ores, or the spesific ones you'd like (like the cinnabar ore). It'll give you more than you'll ever need, which is what I do. As for the dimension, a testing period is of course possible but there are simpler and less server-demanding ways of getting the ores and whatnot, which is why it's more preferable to keep that dimension closed.

And like you said, getting there takes time and a lot of effort (I know, I've made the awakened ichorium pickaxe) and not many people go there, especially compared to the other dimensions thats actually "open for business" on the server, like the mining world and the twilight forest.

Hope this helps.