Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Admins/Map Control

• Member ID:  30301
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  37
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  Windows

Hi,

I don't play on your dm/tdm servers a ton but one thing that seems to come up pretty regularly is there are only a few people on the server (the most I've ever seen is 6-7) and we're on rather large maps with only 2/3/4 people. Most of the time it's not an issue. However, I've seen a number of times where a map change would keep the server populated and there are members (and long standing players) around but unable to do anything about it. Is there any chance of you guys making more people admins with the ability to either use the in game rcon or some external version you guys prefer so that maps can be rotated/changed? At OHMY we use several rcons but the primary is the internal rcon in the extreme mod. It's extremely flexible and allows for a variety of levels of admins. It's also intuitive and easy to use for the most part. Obviously this is your server to run as you see fit but it's a small thing that would likely see an impact on ppl playing more often etc.  There's virtually no down side to it other than the work whoever keeps the server running would have to do to apply it to the server. (Basically gathering the GUID's of the players you want to be admins and entering them in the script data/configs and assigning different tags if you wanted different levels)

If I can be of help or answer questions feel free to hit me up. I'm sure you probably have something you use as well but I have access to Team Speak if it's easier to have a discussion etc. Thanks for considering and take care!

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6417
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54337
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965
  • Device:  Windows

Sadly Our Cod2 community has lost several long time members to their passing

Dolphin>XI<, RustyRifle>XI<, MacDaddy>XI<,  Blackbart>XI<Admin, Starfire>XI<, Sherm>XI< and others that for health reasons can no longer play

I manage the rotations with suggestions from active members and Blownaway who can rotate to next map when needed...Most players have direct contact to myself and other admins via cell phone should there be any problems or concerns..

I have been wanting to switch up a little bit and perhaps I can reactivate map voting

Thank you for your input and if there are any particular maps you would like to see let us know