Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  74
  • Topic Count:  1194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  8781
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Reputation:   7765
  • Achievement Points:  78587
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  69
  • Joined:  12/25/10
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973
  • Device:  Windows

Posted

Morning.  Just re-installed windows, lots of fun, and as usual, backed up the player profiles folder.  After re-installing COD4, restored the players profile, I noticed I was missing all my data from COD4x.

My OS is on C:\, games are installed on F:\ where with COD4, the players profiles are also however, I am missing all the mod and player data from COD4x.
So, I started up the game and COD4x Ftag, then quit and searched for the player folder.  Found it to be on C under the user appdata local folder CallofDuty4MW.

Is this storage location typical for COD4x?  If it is, then I guess need to back up COD4 from two players folders.  Back to level 1 haha.



  • Member ID:  30673
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Reputation:   119
  • Achievement Points:  668
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Joined:  05/03/23
  • Status:  Online
  • Last Seen:  
  • Device:  Windows

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Merlin007 said:

Morning.  Just re-installed windows, lots of fun, and as usual, backed up the player profiles folder.  After re-installing COD4, restored the players profile, I noticed I was missing all my data from COD4x.

My OS is on C:\, games are installed on F:\ where with COD4, the players profiles are also however, I am missing all the mod and player data from COD4x.
So, I started up the game and COD4x Ftag, then quit and searched for the player folder.  Found it to be on C under the user appdata local folder CallofDuty4MW.

Is this storage location typical for COD4x?  If it is, then I guess need to back up COD4 from two players folders.  Back to level 1 haha.

Hi there @Merlin007!!

Check this routes: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\CallofDuty4MW\players\profiles\

 

  • Retail / CD Version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\
  • Steam Version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty 4\players\profiles

Also:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty 4\players\profiles\ and C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\

 

And in my case i have some more files and mmaps etc in this one: C:\Users\mikel\AppData\Local\CallofDuty4MW  there are located several related to cod4x files, that keep that one as directory.

 

 

So you can restore your profiles, missing files etc from one of those directoy.

Hope this helps to you!

 

Mikel

 

Edited by MikelMahou

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.