Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

MW2 "redirect for Xi player" suggestion

Wild Fire

• Member ID:  5468
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  674
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6446
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/22/1965
  • Device:  Windows

Hey all,

I've been thoroughly enjoying spending time with the gang on the MW2 server.

I have a suggestion regarding the "redirect to make room for XI members" on the MW2 server.

Although it can be disappointing to get redirected to another server, I understand the need for this. 

However, this past weekend, I had been in the MW2 server for an hour or two, quietly getting my ass frozen as usual, watching as the admins tried to get another player to stop the "quit and rejoin" tactic.  When all of a sudden I get redirected to the other server.  Again, I fully understand the need for this, but in this particular case, I got redirected whilst a noob, who is running afoul of the rules, got to stay. (I don't know how long the noob got to stay and it is possible he was redirected as well, but I didn't see him in the other server.)

Is it possible to have players selected and redirected based on their experience points?  Those with lower experience points would get redirected before those who have been playing here for many months.  It would buy me a few more minutes of frozen time.

Thanks.

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I don't know how we would manage to do that, i am not sure how the redirect chooses who has to leave but when the Admins have to kick to make room for a member they are supposed to take the lowest scoring player out, maybe the redirect does the same i don't know to be honest. :sorry:

• Member ID:  755
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2191
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  14309
  • Birthday:  01/14/1982

As far as i underdtand your post it was a member who connected and disconnected? Maybe he/she had connection issues or other problems with his PC?

I can not imagine that a member willfully causes trouble like that. And AFAIK only members can redirect non-members when they connect and can't get redirected by other players unless the redirect is forced by an admin (if this is possible)

I know it can be very annoying to get redirected. I wasn't in there but saying "a noob is running afoul of the rules" is not ok IMO. I am sure if this happened intentionally our admins will do their job :)

About your suggestion:

Sounds good, but try to explain this to a new player who has only a few points or a lower level. They wouldn't get the chance to increase their level. And as a logical consequence they wouldn't play here anymore and the server could lose traffic.

We all had this redirect "problem" if we were non-members. I play this mod only on weekends and take a buddy with me. He gets redirected at least 2 or 3 times ( sometimes more) every evening.

Tgis is not to offend you, that's my stupid opinion :D

See you on the field m8

No offense taken Techno.   The reason I posted this was to get feedback from everyone, whether it be good, bad, or ugly.

The player I refer to, in perhaps somewhat derogatory terms, wasn't an Xi member.  Just a "newer" player, who judging by their experience points, had played in MW2 before but clearly didn't understand the rules.

And again, I don't have a problem being redirected so an Xi member just being redirected when there was a better candidate to get moved.

And I should add, that my being redirected wasn't a big deal, as I got back in a short time later.  It just made we wonder if there was a way to be more selective in the redirects, that's all.