Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

WTF is Default IME

snaFU73

• Member ID:  85
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3113
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1973
  • Device:  Macintosh

I have this issue with COD4 & COD5.  I can play 3 to 4 maps and then the game crashes to a black screen.  I have to go into my Windows Task Manager to end the programs.  Then I can usually restart the game and play another 3 to 4 maps.  When this happens in COD4, I have to reset my graphic setting once I restart.  In COD5 I will get a “qport” error a couple of times before I can rejoin the server.

I think the problem is something called “Default IME”.  Every time this happens and I go into the Task Manager, the “Default IME” is shown running and I have to end it along with the game in order to continue playing.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

System:  Windows 7 64-Bit, 8 gig ram, Intel Quad core 2.83 ghz, on board sound, Nvidia GTX 275.

• Member ID:  804
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  446
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3600
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Achievement Points:  24386
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/25/1960

Found this thread.....says it may be a keylogger? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic137203.html

Interesting reading and gives a few fixes....Hope it works for you!

• Member ID:  177
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961
  • Device:  iPhone

IME stands for "Input Method Editor" and is usually related to non roman languages like cyrillic, japanese, Korean etc. THe most common one is between kanji japanese and what they call romanji (knaji is the stuff that looks like 5 year old scribble, while romanji is japanese words in english phonetics). Do you happen, by any chance to have multiple language keyboards set up on your machine

Go to control panel and select "regional and language options", then check for multiple language keyboards being installed (not sure of the exact place to look as I am typing this on an XP machine, I dont have a '7' machine in front of me)

Of course, the keylogger is another possibility

This might be a strange question, but do you happen to be running a less than kosher copy of Windows 7. The only reason I ask is that 90% of the pirate versions of 7 come from China and a lot have "hidden" code in them that could potentially be causing the IME to start running.

Hope some of this helps

• Member ID:  1012
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  935
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5547
  • Birthday:  11/23/1987

as much as i know about the the qport error is that this one means that u are still logged in to the server u where playing on.

when the erros comes next time type disconnect in the console and after u dit that u type reconnect than it should work. it worked for me a long time.

good luck

Awards

• Member ID:  934
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5656
  • Birthday:  08/16/1960

Go to majorgeeks and look in the security section. They have a program or two to find keyloggers. I visit the site alot. They have some really goodstuff, lots of it free or trial versions.