Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Folder pictures

LiquidStool

• Member ID:  508
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  472
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  5787
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1969

hey all

i've been sorting my mp3 collection, finally finished tagging over 30,000 bloody tunes Laughing However, when i put them into folders i keep getting the wrong pitures showing up on the file icon.  Ive named them , Front, Label, Reverse so logially, i think, they should show up on the folder in that order, but they don't all do that, in fact most of them seem to be in any bloody order it fancies!  Can somebody tell me where i'm going wrong before i end up as a chrome dome?

win 7 x64

thanks

• Member ID:  1
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1909
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  11489
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1975

Got a screen shot stool so I can see what you see ?

Hey Phantom, how's trix?

screeny attached.

Now the one on the left shows the reverse picture first, the one on the right shows the front first and yet they're all labelled the same.  It's a bit anal i know but that's just my DJing thing.......

thanks mateCapture013.jpg

• Member ID:  1
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1909
  • Achievement Points:  11489
  • Birthday:  06/28/1975

This is a really good question that I don't know the answer to, as far as I can see, it just picks a file from within the folder randomly to display as it's icon, I read as much documentation as I can and nothing points to how to modify this view !!

And i'd love to see the rest of you collection some time Stool, I just bought some Dennon CDJ's to go along with my Technic's 1210's so maybe do some trading some day eh ?

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8274
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53676
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Windows

have you added numbers to the names yet ? front(1001)jpg   rear (1002).jpg main (1003).jpg and then they should show up in order. And what way I ask is wrong with a chrome dome mr hairy hairy head :)-

ph4nt0m

This is a really good question that I don't know the answer to, as far as I can see, it just picks a file from within the folder randomly to display as it's icon, I read as much documentation as I can and nothing points to how to modify this view !!

And i'd love to see the rest of you collection some time Stool, I just bought some Dennon CDJ's to go along with my Technic's 1210's so maybe do some trading some day eh ?

Yes, that's what i thought.  surely it would choose the file first in alphabetical order to put at the front?  I did wonder if it was picking them by file size but it doen't seem to do that either.  I HATE things that aren't uniform....

As for trades, yes mate defo.  Ain't got much in the way of newer stuff, the last 2-3 years as i retired when i moved to the sticks.  Everything is now in mp3 as i was using a lappy to dj.  Is there anyway to create a list of files, say copy and paste the titles/artists to a text file?  i'd sure as fuck hate to have to make a list manually!  Also got about 12,000 karaoke files that play on the pc/lappy if ur interested, i used to play them in winamp and out to screens all over the venue, piece of piss, course now i use Virtual DJ, just getting to grips mixing with video.......

Labob

have you added numbers to the names yet ? front(1001)jpg   rear (1002).jpg main (1003).jpg and then they should show up in order. And what way I ask is wrong with a chrome dome mr hairy hairy head :)-

Hey Labob

Haven't tried that yet but i'll give it a stab, but as i said to Phantom, i'd assume it would sort them alphabetically.  It seems to do it with some files/folders but not others.  I don't want a picture of a cd on the folder, i want the picture of the cd/album cover on the folder.  I'll try it in a bit an post back.

Having a wonderful head of hair, (even if it is so grey i look like Kenny Rodgers) is a wonderful thing.  If i pull all mine out , i'd have kids offering to polish my head for a quid......... besides which, i'd look like Big Daddy, AKA Shirley Crabtree...............

that's fucked up...... it still does the same even if i rename the file 0001, 0002, 0003 etc

• Member ID:  369
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  285
  • Birthday:  05/09/1959

I don't know about win7 but in winxp if you right click on the folder and select properties, then the customize tab, then there is a button to select image to display on the folder.

• Member ID:  92
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2241
  • Achievement Points:  13358
  • Birthday:  06/09/1977

The following is supposed to work but doesn't.  Go to the true folder path.  Not libaries, My pictures, but C:\users\joe bloggs\my pictures.  Right click the folder in question and choose properties.  Then choose customise.  Under the folder pictures section select choose file.  Choose the file and it will become the image of the folder.

Now for a working solution (however this only shows one picture in the folder icon, not multiples).  find the picture folder you want (via your preferred mathod).  Open the folder and find the picutre within it, that you would like to be the image.  Then rename it to folder.jpg.  An example might be a photo with the folder called 100_0062.JPG.  Simply rename it to folder.JPG.  now go back a level to look at the folder image.  Fixed

Hope this helps