Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

NO more riffles WHAT

wargerble

• Member ID:  1613
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  65
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1970

Yell

Really I mean like really, like really really or even more like really really really really!

NO more riffles! WHAT!!!!!!!

WHY?

I mean thats what makes the game, the scoping and headshots or even better butt shots or a acashional foot sticking out from behind box shot, but the whole thing is not the same without riffles. I have ntoiced they are gone on a few maps that used to have them and the maps are darker, I know you trying to even things up, but it is really taking away from the game, and the eye aches from having to see the map with the hue or brightness turned up doesnt help much either.

I loved your server the way it was a couple of weeks ago I ahte to see it change to something boring!

• Member ID:  133
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  77
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6888
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  44109
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  12/12/1971
  • Device:  Windows

Wait for the changes coming and tournament maps ;) We test some maps for that and to run a nice maprotation.

We aren't done and no worries yet, but

thank you for the feedback!

• Member ID:  1176
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  954
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6665
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/27/1983

i actually thought it was kinda cool last night we were playing the blood sactuary and it was all dim i guess its for good players /and if u cant pwn without a riffle then um PRACTICE//CHANGE IS GOOD THATS HOW THESE GUYS R SO SUCCESFULL AT KEEPING PLAYERS SCREAMING FOR MORE !!

• Member ID:  415
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  374
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2018
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/07/1984

I suppose I'm mostly to blame for the santuary...but let me explain the reasoning.

Bloody santuary as it was had horible performance, so I put it in a visarea and tweaked the lighting to cut down on overlapping light radii.  These overlapping lights cut performance down signficantly.  This also added to the ambience of a bloody sanctuary in my mind, as it should be somewhat dark and eery.  Hopefully the performance is a bit better (although it is to large of an indoor area to get great performance).

I also removed the rocks that made up the ceiling and used a voxel in their place (there were several hundred rocks and that was alot to render).  Voxels are not known for great performance, but they are better than a thousand objects stacked inside of each other.  I also reworked some of the particles to improve performance.

As for the weapons.  This is an ongoing issue as we have mixed feelings and have had mixed reports from players on this subject.  We talked internally about the rifles in that map and agreed that they should be removed to cut down on the camping.  Some maps are better suited for rifles, but sanctuary encouraged extreme camping.  This is not final and furthur changes may be made in the future if necessary.

• Member ID:  804
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  446
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3600
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Achievement Points:  24386
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/25/1960

Well I feel you have done a fine job Cygon and thank you for your time and efforts.