Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Soccer VS Football

Toothpick

• Member ID:  1239
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1232
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1972

Sonovabich
It was much worse in the 70's Buttman, for soccer hooligans and for violence on the field, Leeds got their tag "dirty Leeds" from the Revie team of the late 60's early 70's, if you want to see probably the dirtiest English football match ever, watch the Leeds vs Chelsea fa cup final and replay from 1970, even the pitch was as dirty as the players........anyway Buttman shut up and get your lasses arse out againTongue outLaughing

I Agree the 70's was a bad time for football. I missed it as I was only 8 in 1980 ! 

Buttwoman has a santas helper outfit but cant get it over her arse anymore lol. Im going to get it on her though !!!!

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943
  • Device:  Windows

Sonovabich
Nobody can argue with South Americas love of the great game, just more proof that it is a working class game, and long may it continueCool

Probably the best statement so far...... "a working class game".

Can be played with absolutely no uniform expense (yes, barefoot is OK)  which cannot be said for football or Ice Hockey. Costs parents an arm and a leg in the Sates and Canada to outfit a kid for Ice Hockey or Football.

• Member ID:  101
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

Shamu
Sonovabich
Nobody can argue with South Americas love of the great game, just more proof that it is a working class game, and long may it continueCool

Can be played with absolutely no uniform expense (yes, barefoot is OK)  which cannot be said for football or Ice Hockey. Costs parents an arm and a leg in the Sates and Canada to outfit a kid for Ice Hockey or Football.

THATS WHAY IS THE NUMBER 1 SPORT IN THE WORLD..CAUSE ANY BODY HAS A CHANCE TO BE A STAR..EVEN THE LESS FORTUNATE...UNLIKE FOOTBALL..AND HOCKEY..A RICH MANS SPORTS..

• Member ID:  1891
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1092
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  6106
  • Birthday:  03/19/1985

UnChileno
Shamu
Sonovabich

THATS WHAY IS THE NUMBER 1 SPORT IN THE WORLD..CAUSE ANY BODY HAS A CHANCE TO BE A STAR..EVEN THE LESS FORTUNATE...UNLIKE FOOTBALL..AND HOCKEY..A RICH MANS SPORTS..

Just see how many starplayers come from poverty.

They learned it playing on the streets or on some really bad pitches.

A sport in wich litteraly everybody CAN be a starplayer

• Member ID:  1981
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  930
  • Birthday:  10/08/1992

baldiemeat
Bushape

That guy made some valid points like Shamu said. This is a debate that will never be solved or proven, one side thinks one way and the other side thinks the other way. This will never change and nobody is going to convince anybody any different. We Americans like the toughest sport there is and that is American Football. The football players have to think more than soccer players.. In soccer they just run around and try to score. If you can make heads or tails of anything. The only time they have to use their head is to hit the ball with it. I know that is an extreme viewpoint but whatever. I did like playing soccer in PE at school. I know I will get shit about this, but it is just a another Americans biased viewpoint. I am not saying this to piss off our European friends. Lest just agree to disagree, that is the only way to solve this issue.

The one sport (if you can call it a sport) that I don't get is wrestling. I agree some things are real but the vast majority is just a bunch of hype in order to keep the sponsors and fans happy. It is not a true sport in the sense of the way people would describe a sport. I don't beleive they should waste the schools money to have in our schools. Why would a couple of sweaty guys rolling around and shit be a sport. I refused to do it when I was in school, because it should of been up to the individual and not mandatory. I just could never understand it.

At least in an organized sport, no matter what sport, people learn to work together as a team and that is far more important towards the aspect of real life.

I am sorry Bushape but I must really disagree with your statement "We Americans like the toughest sport there is and that is American Football" . No offense to you or my American Friends but we British have the toughest sport in the world RUGBY !!

There is more play more action AND NO PADDING just raw muscle and bones now thats tough and also NO ADVERTS.

baldiemeat you didnt look at my post it has been scientifically proven that american football players hit much harder than rugby players the pads cause for more force in it believe it or not. and that you feel a bigger hit even with pads in football than rugby. so sorry to have to disagree and no offense to you europeans football is tougher. and also think there are people playing in it that are close to 400 lbs with the pads and its not fat its muscle get tackled by one of those guys and tell me how you feel(i reread this and it seemed like an attack on baldie but it is just a point and dont want it taken the wrong way)

• Member ID:  112
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1132
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  6975
  • Birthday:  10/09/1960

There are reports right now that one of footballs biggest issues with giving the player a false sense of not being hurt is the face mask Remove the face mask and the head injury's would drop there would be less leading with helmet.

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3339
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33710
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

lilgreasy
baldiemeat
Bushape

That guy made some valid points like Shamu said. This is a debate that will never be solved or proven, one side thinks one way and the other side thinks the other way. This will never change and nobody is going to convince anybody any different. We Americans like the toughest sport there is and that is American Football. The football players have to think more than soccer players.. In soccer they just run around and try to score. If you can make heads or tails of anything. The only time they have to use their head is to hit the ball with it. I know that is an extreme viewpoint but whatever. I did like playing soccer in PE at school. I know I will get shit about this, but it is just a another Americans biased viewpoint. I am not saying this to piss off our European friends. Lest just agree to disagree, that is the only way to solve this issue.

The one sport (if you can call it a sport) that I don't get is wrestling. I agree some things are real but the vast majority is just a bunch of hype in order to keep the sponsors and fans happy. It is not a true sport in the sense of the way people would describe a sport. I don't beleive they should waste the schools money to have in our schools. Why would a couple of sweaty guys rolling around and shit be a sport. I refused to do it when I was in school, because it should of been up to the individual and not mandatory. I just could never understand it.

At least in an organized sport, no matter what sport, people learn to work together as a team and that is far more important towards the aspect of real life.

I am sorry Bushape but I must really disagree with your statement "We Americans like the toughest sport there is and that is American Football" . No offense to you or my American Friends but we British have the toughest sport in the world RUGBY !!

There is more play more action AND NO PADDING just raw muscle and bones now thats tough and also NO ADVERTS.

baldiemeat you didnt look at my post it has been scientifically proven that american football players hit much harder than rugby players the pads cause for more force in it believe it or not. and that you feel a bigger hit even with pads in football than rugby. so sorry to have to disagree and no offense to you europeans football is tougher. and also think there are people playing in it that are close to 400 lbs with the pads and its not fat its muscle get tackled by one of those guys and tell me how you feel(i reread this and it seemed like an attack on baldie but it is just a point and dont want it taken the wrong way)

Hey mate never ever worry about Hurting my feelings this is a debate and its fun I would never feel hurt or upset over a good discussion so bring it on Laughing

And to hell with science RUGBY IS TOUGHER Tongue out

• Member ID:  151
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9146
  • Content Per Day:  1.70
  • Achievement Points:  94222
  • Days Won:  316
  • Birthday:  05/17/1959
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Ok. Being a bigger hockey fan than of the two sports in this debate, along with Rugby it has to rate up there with toughness and quick thinking!! Much similar to the play of soccer with the hard hitting of football and rugby. Ya, there's some pads, but a puck to the head would severely shorten a career! Need the "foot" talent of the soccer player, quickness (better have or get leveled - see below) and the toughness of all of them!! Go Red Wings!!

Kronwalled.jpg

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3339
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33710
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

MMMMMM now you may have a point there I went to a Hockey game a few months ago and a guy took a hit so hard against the side even I whinced these guys move so fast and have amazing quick hand's.. So yes you may have a Valid point .

BUT.......Rugby gets my vote LaughingTongue out

• Member ID:  1891
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1092
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  6106
  • Birthday:  03/19/1985

and if you guys need a better understanding of the game football, i suggest that you watch "the art of football from a to z"

that "documentary" revieuws allmost every aspect of the game.