Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Autobalance Bf3 Servers

Cavey

• Member ID:  92
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2241
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  13358
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/09/1977

BF3 Admins please can this be looked at as a priority 1. The autobalance ticks down but does nothing. Just played on the US Hardcore server on Rush, and 3 defenders against 8 attackers!!! Autobalance tried at least 20 times, without success.

I think I read somewhere it was because the server wasn't set up correctly first time. Well take the servers down and set them correctly.

I'm not too worried about the wrong people being moved across teams, just at least move someone!

I've requested it many times in game, with admins in game, and not one response.

Thx

• Member ID:  142
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  277
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  13866
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/01/1985

alright I will switch some settings so it will move ppl no matter what ...it wont keep clan together

thanks Cavey for posting !!!

Thx mate. Yeh not bothered that much about who is on what team, just that in a game you stand a chance of winning.

Cheers.

can u come on TS for sec ..I talk to u in person so I can understand better ..we have more admins here so we can set up the way you want.. come for few secs

• Member ID:  48
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  831
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/24/1970
  • Device:  Windows

The servers are set up to auto balance, however, if it is too far into the game then it wont auto balance. The reasoning behind it is because if a team is winning, we don't want people auto balanced at the end just because people rage quit on the losing side. How far into the games were you before the auto balance didn't work? Were there like 100 tickets left, I think that's the threshold.

POST IS COMING UP

Edited by xCaliber

It never ever seems to auto balance. On this occasion there were 5 of those things to blow up on a rush round, so loads of time left (well if it was balanced) but because it wasn't, it took them less than 4 minutes to do.

Try some things out and I'll reply back over the next couple of days to give you feedback.

4f934db718a7a_qweqeqw.png

this is how it s set up by admins but let me know what setting do you think needs to be changed ..we will discuss about this if its good for server or no..I know you have been trouble with auto balancer but this how its set the way members like it ... but we can tweak it better to everyone like..let me know

i have posted the screenshot of the auto balance ..let me know what u think about the settings ... if u have question let us know

or u can stop by on TS ..we will talk about it in details .. if I am not here , grab any of our admin and ask them

rank_asc_bfbcs, rank_desc_bfbcs

Sorting based on the soldier career rank

skill_asc_bfbcs, skill_desc_bfbcs

Sorting based on the soldier career skill

kdr_asc_bfbcs, kdr_desc_bfbcs

Sorting based on the soldier career kill to death ratio

score_asc_bfbcs, score_desc_bfbcs

Sorting based on the soldier career score

kpm_asc_round, kpm_desc_round

Sorting based on the soldier round kills per minute

spm_asc_round, spm_desc_round

Sorting based on the soldier round score per minute

kdr_asc_round , kdr_desc_round

Sorting based on the soldier round kill to death ratio

score_asc_round, score_desc_round

Sorting based on the soldier round score

------------------------------------------

Live Balancing Logic

Insane Balancer tries to be as un-intrusive as posible while balancing a game that is in progress. If the teams become un-balanced while the game is in progess it will create two pools of players and sort them (players chosen from the bigger team). One pool for players who are not in any squad, and another pool for squads. First it will chose the player at the top of the no-squad pool and move it to the other team until teams are balanced. If the no-squad pool becomes empty (and teams are still unbalanced) then squad at the top of the squad pool is moved to the other team if the number of players needed is greater than or equal to the size of the squad. If the number of players needed is less than the size of the top squad, a random random player is chosen from the squad and moved to the opposite team until teams are balanced. (players that were on the same squad are kept together)

Round Re-balancing Logic

If end of round balancing is enabled, Insane Balancer will completely re-sort teams, even if they are already balanced. The logic for the re-sort is as follows. Create two pools of players and sort them (choosing players from all teams). One pool for players who are not in squads, and another for players who are in squads. Then, move all all players and squads to the neutral team, in order to end up with two empty non-neutral teams. Then, pick the squad at the top of the squad pool, and move it to the losing team. Then pick the next squad on top of the squad pool, and move it to the team with the least players, and so on. Once the squad pool is empty, pick the player on top of the no-squad pool, and move it to the team with least players, and so on. If teams are still unbalanced after the no-squad pool is empty, then the live balancing logic is applied.

Balanced Team Determination

Teams are determined to be balanced if the difference in number of players between teams is less than or equal to the balance_threshold. The balance_threshold has to be a number greater than 0. If the total number of players in the server is less than or equal to the balance_threshold, then the user set threshold is ignored, and a value of 1 is used instead. Technically, no team should ever be bigger than the other by more than the value of balance_threshold.

Keeping Squads Together

Insane Balancer is coded to keep squads together by default. However, you can set keep_squads to false and both round-balancing and live-balancing logics are changed a bit. What happens, is that all squads in the squad pool are broken, and players put into the no-squad pool, before balancing starts.

Note that for live-balancing, players are not actually moved out of the squad. (it would kill all players if you do that). They are just treated as if they were not in a squad. Also, If keep_squads is enabled, clan-squads will not be broken.

Keeping Clans On Same Team

During end-of round re-balancing, if keep_clans is enabled, players with the same clan tag are be removed from their current squad, and put into exclusive squads. These special clan squads are given priority over non-clan squads, so that clan-squads end up in the same team. Note that when keep_clans is enabled, teams may end up unbalanced in number, so the live-balancing logic may still need to be applied.

During live-balancing, if keep_clans is enabled, players with clan tags are given priority, as long as there is at least two members of the same clan in the server. When picking players to move to the other team, if a player has a clan tag, the player will be automatically skipped, if the majority of the clan is in the same team (otherwise the player is moved to the other team to join his clan buddies). If at the end of live-balancing phase, teams are still unbalanced, then keep_clans is disabled temporarily, and the live-balancer logic is applied again.

Whitelist (unimplemented)

Whitelist is a list of players which have even higher priority than clan members. During live balancing, if a player is in the whitelist, he is skipped. If at the end of the live balancing, the teams are still unbalanced, then the whitelist is ignored, and the live balancing logic is re-applied.

Settings

balance_threshold

(integer > 0) - maximum difference in team sizes before teams are considered unbalanced

Technically, no team will ever be bigger by more than the balance_threshold

live_interval_time

(integer > 0) - interval number of seconds at which team balance is checked during game

round_interval

(integer > 0) - interval number number of rounds at which the round balancer is applied

For example, if map Atacama has 6 rounds, and the value of round_interval is 2, then the round

balancer is run at the end of rounds 2, 4, and 6.

keep_squads

true - squads are preseved when balancing

false - squads are intentionally broken up before balancing starts

This setting only applies tot he round-end balancer.

keep_clans

true - players with same clan tags are kept on the same team

false - clan tags are ignored during balancing

warn_yell

true - yell the auto-balancer warning

false - do not yell the auto-balancer warning

warn_say

true - send auto-balancer warning in chat

false - do not yell the auto-balancer warning in chat

balance_round

true - enables the end of round balancer

false - disabled the end of round balancer

balance_live

true - enables the live balancer

false - disables the live balancer

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17085
  • Content Per Day:  3.25
  • Achievement Points:  148562
  • Days Won:  677
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

as dragon and xcaliber have said ..i play on this server 99% of the time ..it works as caliber posted .some time when the game is about over it will not bal..and the more players the moer tickets ..but not all things work right all the time ..as we all know ..

• Member ID:  159
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  855
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5145
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

If this is for the 32 man server, the balance threshold should be (or at least was) 1 instead of 2, we had it set to 2 on the 64 man server.

The current setting of 2 will mean that the balance will not occur until the teams are off by 3 people. If this was changed to 1 the balance would not occur until teams were off by 2 people.

xCaliber has all the other settings set correctly.

The portion that he highlighted shows that the teams will NOT balance if either team is below 100 tickets, this is to prevent people from getting switched at the last minute to the losing team, if people are quitting the losing the team.

SIDE NOTE:

For Rush rounds the "round balancer" will not balance until the next MAP, but this is the portion of the balancer that occurs AFTER the round is over to prevent "team stacking" and not related to the "number" of playing in a given team, if that makes sense.

My Recommendation:

I think the threshold for 32 man should be set back to 1, that is just my opinion.

oh it s changed to 1 now ..it should be 1... unless hardcore ppl wanted to have it at 2 ? let us know

• Member ID:  1624
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  5061
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1972

I think it should be left as 1,as primal says it wouldnt balance unless there was a difference of 3 players....so you could end up with a team with 2 more players when really the teams should be even..

• Member ID:  558
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3785
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  29048
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/06/1964

lol Billy this morning I play 1 agains 4. I told you ingame in chat that it stil not works :P

doesnt work nothin we can do ... this is how the plugin works ... we cant force anything else beside chainging some setting inside... I havent seen anyone else complaining beside couple ppl..I asked TSW and other ppl on TS and they play hardcore server only..They dont have problem with plugin so I assume it works fine... we shouldnt change stuff everytime because it didnt work on that specific time.. It makes things worse for server.. hope you understand..

I have already posted the plugin screenshot above...if you need to change anything there or suggestion , please post here... if it make sense, we will do our best to change it ...:)

Edited by xCaliber

OK, had a chance to play the UK server and the autobalance is working a charm. Need to try the others when people are on them, to confirm those aswell.

If this is for the 32 man server, the balance threshold should be (or at least was) 1 instead of 2, we had it set to 2 on the 64 man server.

The current setting of 2 will mean that the balance will not occur until the teams are off by 3 people. If this was changed to 1 the balance would not occur until teams were off by 2 people.

xCaliber has all the other settings set correctly.

The portion that he highlighted shows that the teams will NOT balance if either team is below 100 tickets, this is to prevent people from getting switched at the last minute to the losing team, if people are quitting the losing the team.

SIDE NOTE:

For Rush rounds the "round balancer" will not balance until the next MAP, but this is the portion of the balancer that occurs AFTER the round is over to prevent "team stacking" and not related to the "number" of playing in a given team, if that makes sense.

My Recommendation:

I think the threshold for 32 man should be set back to 1, that is just my opinion.

Can you not do anything for Rush rounds? It's more these types of games that if unbalance it makes the biggest difference.

Also I have seen it on other servers where the last person to join gets moved to the team with less people on it. This is also what happens in other games like cod