Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Father & Daughter Go Through Ice

vipersniper

• Member ID:  371
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  67
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  854
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6772
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1962

yep these people live in my province this only happened a few miles from where i live .this is the best report i found has the REAL truck that went through the ice on saturday. truck can be seen in the CTV news link . this is the second idiot that went through in the past 10 days .

Truck Falls Through Ice On Lake Winnipeg

Posted: December 22, 2012

FullscreenClose

Truck-Falls-Through-Ice.jpg

Manitoba, Canada – A father and daughter were almost killed when their truck fell through the ice on Lake Winnipeg. Fortunately, both individuals managed to escape the icy waters before succumbing to the frigid temperatures.

The Montreal Gazette reports the pair were on a fishing trip when the incident took place. While driving the truck across the frozen lake, the ice reportedly gave way. The father was able to pull his daughter from the truck before it sank.

Sergeant Line Karpish said the weight of the truck likely caused the ice to crack, sending both it and its passengers into Lake Winnipeg.

“Their vehicle did break through,” he explained to radio station CJOB. “Both he and his daughter we able to get out safely and did contact police just to let us know from home that they were fine and there were no concerns otherwise.”

According to CTV Winnipeg, the father had to go back inside the vehicle for his daughter while it was underwater. The pair were brought back home safe and sound by someone who happened to be in the area at the time of the accident. The incident was later reported to police.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police are cautioning fishermen to be extremely careful when driving across frozen bodies of water. As evidenced by the truck falling into Lake Winnipeg, the ice may not be as stable as it initially appears.

People are injured every year after venturing out onto ice they believe is thick enough to support their weight. The New York Daily News reports a grandfather and his nine-year-old grandson fell into a frozen lake near their home last November.

Sadly, both victims died as a result of the accident. Although the pair were taken to area hospitals for treatment, both succumbed to their injuries.

What do you think about the truck that fell through the ice on Lake Winnipeg?

Read more at http://www.inquisitr...xfTu8DFz0g9A.99

JUST ANOTHER DAY IN VIPER'S HOOD :coffee::hrhr: . stupid people should not get insurance for stupidity like this but they will ...... still . :realmad:

Edited by vipersniper

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

I remember driving my jeep out on frozen lakes when I was a teenager. Although the ice was over a foot thick, falling through is always in the back of your mind. I never cared much for ice fishing anyway. It's always too fucking cold to enjoy it.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7653
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Achievement Points:  53668
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946
  • Device:  Windows

Whoever wrote this is an idiot: Manitoba, Canada – A father and daughter were almost killed when their truck fell through the ice on Lake Winnipeg. Fortunately, both individuals managed to escape the icy waters before succumbing to the frigid temperatures.

So the couple escaped the icy waters "before succumbing" - or dying - to the frigid temperatures?

• Member ID:  480
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2646
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  45884
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

I Ice fish all the time... i will NOT take my vehicle on the ice, not only is your insurance null and void the moment your tires touch the ice, it doesnt matter if the ice is 2 feet thick, you hit a weak spot and your fucked! I usualy have 2 evestrough nails tied with a thin rope, the rope goes through the sleeves of my jacket and the nails hang out near my hands, i have luckily never had to use them but if you go through the ice they can be very handy in getting you back onto the ice and out of the water. For those here who do ice fish. be safe about it!!

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

I have an ice fishing story....so I had this basstender polyethelyne boat 9' 9" long weight about 80lbs and I used it everywhere....so one winter I get the idea that this would make a great ice fishing sled too...loaded it up with the gear and out on the ice we go.....fish for hours...nothing...so there is this spot in the middfle of the lake that wasnt frozen and looked good to fish...so hey...i got my sled/boat with me lets go try there.,,we start running like a bobsled team with the boat....get close to where the ice gets thin and jump in.....wheeee....we made it onto the water and had a wonderful time fishing until....it was time to leave....we couldnt get back onto the ice....for anything.....after 5 hours of tossing the anchor out onto the ice as far as we could and pulling and smashing the ice as we went we finally got to a point where i could snag a tree on shore with a mushroom anchor and rope....

thought for sure we were gonna need a rescue but we madse it....

• Member ID:  371
  • Followers:  67
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  854
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6772
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1962

I Ice fish all the time... i will NOT take my vehicle on the ice, not only is your insurance null and void the moment your tires touch the ice, it doesnt matter if the ice is 2 feet thick, you hit a weak spot and your fucked! I usualy have 2 evestrough nails tied with a thin rope, the rope goes through the sleeves of my jacket and the nails hang out near my hands, i have luckily never had to use them but if you go through the ice they can be very handy in getting you back onto the ice and out of the water. For those here who do ice fish. be safe about it!!

hey that's why i'm disturbed with this . manitoba public insurance or (mpi) pays for loss of your vehicle and the removal from the water when safe . then we all have are insurance rates go up . :wallbash: i like how ontario has it sounds good. i take it you get no insurance or you pay through the nose for it for being an idiot . guess all the morons are sent here from ontario :hrhr: . Edited by vipersniper

• Member ID:  3781
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  2970
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  02/12/1954

The only ice I want when fishing is in the beer cooler ;)

Edited by OFS_Dogg

• Member ID:  1194
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

That's a great idea, but if you don't somehow manage to get yourself out of the water in about 5 minutes, you probably won't have the strength to pull yourself up. Hypothermia happens almost immediately, and the water doesn't have to be near freezing for it to kill you quickly.

Back in the late 70's right after I graduated high school I used to race Laser sail boats on San Francisco bay. The water temperature in the ocean around here is 57 to 59 degrees year round and I managed to flip my boat over in choppy water directly under the Golden Gate Bridge on an out going tide. I was wearing a life jacket but not a wet suit, and normally it's no big deal to flip the boat over and continue sailing, but the water was so cold that I had no upper body strength to pull myself back on the boat. It took almost an hour and I drifted about 2 miles out to sea before I managed to get myself back in the boat. The only thing that saved me from freezing was keeping my upper body out of the water on the boat.

From that point forward I always wore a wet suit and it made a big difference. If I were to ever go ice fishing again I would probably wear a light wet suit under my clothes. They could save your life, and they keep you pretty damn warm even if you don't get wet. I have a pair of wet suit gloves that I wear when we visit snow in the mountains, and they're much lighter and warmer than regular snow gloves.

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  268
  • Content Count:  18202
  • Content Per Day:  3.47
  • Achievement Points:  133387
  • Days Won:  267
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

Deerejon - sounds just like a story I read about in the Pompton Plains Gazette lol