Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Peripheral Conflicts, (Headphones, Joysticks, anything that plugs into a PC is a Peripheral)

Majrpane

• Member ID:  19225
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  349
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Just a short word :detective: on this ongoing problem,  nothing technical really. BTW, from here on,  I'm just going to call anything   that plugs into a PC  as a peripheral, a Device  . This means anything :banned:that needs a driver  to make if work on the Windows PC .

I hope you remember this rule when setting up or changing a Device   that plugs into your PC . Windows have their own built in Controllers   for all Devices . To avoid ongoing conflicts  and weird shit  happening, let Windows try to find the Device , and install a driver for it, before allowing the Fancy Program that came with your New :yahoo:Device  to take charge. Go to the Control Panel , find and Run the Find New Hardware Program   Once it gets going,   the Hardware Program may ask for a file location for the Device. Leave the Find New Hardware Device   open  at this point, and Start the Fancy New Controller Program, that you may have downloaded, or was included , for your New Device . There should be no future conflicts  even in the middle of using the Find  New Hardware Program. Once the Fancy New Controller Program is installed you can now return to the Open and waiting , Find New Hardware Program, and give the file location, of the Fancy New Program Controller, to the Find Hardware Program  .

When your done  all of the Above , you are now feeling like a Proverbial Dog that has been chasing it's own tail for hours

Don't get panicky Pal  , we're almost done  .

Just a simple, full and clean Re-boot will set all the driver's, Security Certificates, and everything else, into the win32 files  , so you Fancy New Device will start and run,  no Conflicts at all .

Here's why, as I understand it.

As stated above, Windows has its own drivers for darn near anything at all   ,  , for the PC :rofl:.

Manufacturers of Peripheral Device's  send these driver files to insure their product will work without conflicts. Once Windows allocates a driver, it will also have a Security Certificate for the Driver file too. This Certificate  lets the Find Hardware Device search engine , know its a valid device :police: , so the Find Hardware Device searches first in the Win32 Driver files for the Fancy New Device Drivers .

So,  when you  buy a brand new fancy device that doesn't have a security certificate  with it, the Manufacturer took also took a chance it wouldn't conflict with anything else on a PC The manufacturer was probably were in a real hurry, :popo: to get their new product to market, to sell it to you, So, in turn the manufacturer can pay  the people   they owned cash too  The Fancy New Device's,we buy, sometimes won't always get a Certificate  from Microsoft . So,....this happened to you, be prepare to do a little, of the installation work as mentioned above , OK ?

I thinks that enough ,any more on this and we start arguing   on the Best crap right ? Who needs that, We can have fun instead , and a good laugh   about how complex simple shit  can get..

Don't forget to check or look, :ninja: to insure you  Device Manager has no conflicts . When there is a yellow flag  in the Device manager , its a sure sign there is more than one.. ,... Device Control Program, trying to install  the drivers for a device !

Hope this helps a little bit

\

Seeya

JD

Edited by JDClampett

I only did this, as I talked to a couple of people in TS that were having problem, conflicts with their hardware.

When I realized I was in the same boat, and after finding/problem, which also solves a lot of over ram usage trying to do a work around for the conflicting Peripheral Devices, I felt an Incite/explanation to others was needed

So I did the above post.

Now I need someone with better vision to fix any mistakes they see in my composition, and take this over to PC help as a sticky, please?

The hardware conflicting nowadays, seem to be a common problem

This is only one fix, there's  many more complicate ways to fix conflicts too.

The easiest, but most expensive, is to take it to a Pro for repairs.

I do when the above fails.

Neilr

JD

Edited by JDClampett

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967
  • Device:  Windows

tmi overload

• 3 weeks later...

s

Edited by JDClampett

• Member ID:  389
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4491
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  36650
  • Days Won:  40
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

JD that's normal for the best thing to do

know what you got and get updates for hardware specifically motherboard chipset

• Member ID:  1320
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  611
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4498
  • Birthday:  01/14/1976

I only did this, as I talked to a couple of people in TS that were having problem, conflicts with their hardware.

When I realized I was in the same boat, and after finding/problem, which also solves a lot of over ram usage trying to do a work around for the conflicting Peripheral Devices, I felt an Incite/explanation to others was needed

So I did the above post.

Now I need someone with better vision to fix any mistakes they see in my composition, and take this over to PC help as a sticky, please?

The hardware conflicting nowadays, seem to be a common problem

This is only one fix, there's  many more complicate ways to fix conflicts too.

The easiest, but most expensive, is to take it to a Pro for repairs.

I do when the above fails.

Neilr

JD

By Pro, I hope you don't mean Best Buy.  If so, prepared for a deep screwing...

Edited by Pharticus

• Member ID:  490
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  446
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  3309
  • Birthday:  04/25/1973

so i reckon all your oil got you this fancy new computer thangy,so yer dun hangin out at the cement pond n eatin all them there critters granny fixes, and just hang out with us sophisticated folks.(i think Jethro may be our leader)