Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

BEST GAMING HEADSET

coolmd

• Member ID:  1850
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  98
  • Topic Count:  328
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8620
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  55994
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/19/1948
  • Device:  Windows

How well built are the Steelseries Siberia headphones? I read some saying they arent expecially sturdy in the long run. This looks to be a good deal tho I might go for the white ones which is a few dollars extra. With the sales it looks to be a good time to get a bigger set in addition to my lightweight seinheisers.

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Full-Size-Gaming-Headset/dp/B003N636VI/ref=pd_cp_e_0

Also this...

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Amplified-Universal-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00E5UHSYW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I've had mine for three years now and I like the sound and they feel comfortable..

• Member ID:  45
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9051
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  66062
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951

But why USB ??

I prefer analog ,

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.06
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

After a couple recommendations I ended up ordering these for $55 last night. Which is good since they went out of stock this morning.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D6JBZBK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Member ID:  5841
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  4384
  • Days Won:  0

I know you got some already but this is just more of some additional info any to help anyone else looking.

Here is what I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Sharkoon-Xtatic-Headset-Xbox-360-63043006306200/dp/B009YBWXHY

One thing to keep in mind is that a lot of "gaming" headsets are not true surround sound (they normally use virtual SS, so emulate it and only have one speaker per ear) and many also don't use a true quality sound card but instead use USB with self-built in audio thus why they require drivers which are just something else to cause fuss.

The best sound you can get is a quality sound card and a true gaming headset that sports true 5.1 via use of multiple speakers in each ear. That said this of course cost more. One thing if you go this route is two types of true surround sound exists. One uses multiple analog cables (for the multiple channels) and the other Dolby Digital Live via optical cable. While most computers sport optical output not all support Dolby Digital Live.

FWIW I have this as audio since my laptops optical out didn't support Dolby Digital Live http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Soundblaster-Surround-System-SB1095/dp/B0044DEDCA

My headset plugs in via digital optical and requires no drivers. The sound card simply dumps true 5.1 channel sound to it and my headphones have 4 speakers/drivers in each ear piece. Sound is amazing :)

Also, any that say 7.1 are a waste. For starts very few true 7.1 exists, simply can't fit that many drivers in a ear piece without it being huge or they being so small they suck and also most of the games are developed for 5.1 only and simulate the rest. So to get gaming 7.1 which chances are virtual SS and on top of allow it to do more simulation for the extra channels that don't really exists your sound is not true.

That said it's all preference. Some people hear a sound one way and like it more, even if that is not how its true or intended sound is. Same is true for visual. One person may like a picture with a slightly different color temperature vs. another, regardless of how it was truly designed.

Also, more expensive doesn't always mean better. Best recommendation is buy from a place that you can return with little hassle in case you don't "feel" they are much better. Trust me, you get a good set you will notice it night and day and know it's a keeper.

Edited by B-Murda

I checked out the higher grade sets but I just dont have the money for them. Other things I would like to eventually get and it being Christmas and all there are family presents to budget for. I would need something more than onboard audio anyways. :happy:

• Member ID:  2083
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

How well built are the Steelseries Siberia headphones? I read some saying they arent expecially sturdy in the long run. This looks to be a good deal tho I might go for the white ones which is a few dollars extra. With the sales it looks to be a good time to get a bigger set in addition to my lightweight seinheisers.

http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Full-Size-Gaming-Headset/dp/B003N636VI/ref=pd_cp_e_0

Also this...

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Amplified-Universal-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00E5UHSYW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I had mine for 8 to 9 years!

Been using the z22 headphones the last few days. Took a little effort to get the mic working for some reason. Not up to par with a good set of studio/monitor headphones but quite happy with them. I am certain a dedicated sound card would be an improvement. Thanks for the information everyone.

• Member ID:  2384
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1058
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  9389
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/18/1966

Thankyou all for the advise seems I might as well stick with what I got as alot of you seem to have the same as me and think its fine....

I would really like a proper 5.1 set with multiple jacks and use a full sound card.....but aint seen many headsets like that