**New** Check out your player stats on the left hand side of the main page. Search for your player name, use a partial name to find it easier ×
XtremeIdiots
Sign in to follow this  
Streetcleaner

Calling all musicians new and old !!

9 hours ago, Labob said:

Not quite its fun true but I do it to help stave off arthritis in my hands. It also really helps with fighting  alzheimer . The fun side is playing a song ya really love. My rule is twenty campfire songs with a little flare though.

P.S. I'm trying to find some time to record a bit I will add it when I do :0 

I didn't know that about Alzheimers ....isn't that what Glen Cambell had? I remember someone saying that because of his guitar playing, it helped him stave the worst parts of it off for a while longer than normal people...or something like that....also, looking forward to hearing you jam....keep on strummin'  :guitar:

14 hours ago, WSMFreak said:

Great job all of you this all sounds good to me , ive just got myself a SG copy to play after not playing for a long time and im loving it again very rusty and need some good thrashing out to get my fingers working again but hay its all about the enjoyment of playing right 🙂 .

Nice to see all this music loving keep it up everyone.

The main point is that you picked it back up !! I stopped playing for at least 10 years because of children,family,work,...and kinda feeling....I don't know...disconnected from the music scene and what was popular on the radio....then in mid 2015 I met someone who motivated me to pick it back up....when I did though, it was on an acoustic ...a fender jr. made for beginning kids but a guitar none the less ...my amp was still in mothballs and needed major overhaul and my electrics were in their cases still and needed some love, so until I had the money...it was that acoustic which I played the hell out of.....Now I have all my stuff back and more....the point of this story is you started again....baby steps my friend and just pick it up every day and noodle around....:guitar:

On 10/28/2019 at 5:30 PM, WldPenguin said:

@Streetcleaner, any suggestions or advice is welcome......I'm just getting into recording, so I don't know all that much yet :) 

Okay WP Here is a video of the vocal pedal.... also check out Toontracks EZKeys

Edited by Streetcleaner

On 10/27/2019 at 9:05 PM, Streetcleaner said:

Salutations to all !!

A post I did earlier on what got you started playing your particular instrument a band,a song a person etc.....and asked for some stories and received some good ones from Stormcrow and Wyld Penguin and others ...it was cool to hear the stories and I would like to hear more.

then Stormcrow posted him jammin' to MONSTER TRUCK !!  it was cool to watch ...so I had an idea to have people either post a video or a recording of some kind,Hell I post videos that I filmed with my phone !! so that works too or an MP3 like I am going to do, so I hope it works because anyone who knows me, knows I am lost when it comes to PC's .I'm learning though. Oh, btw, all the guitars ,bass,and drums were all done on my PC by me (so if I can do this).... I played everything but was recorded through my PC with programs for the drums (EZDRUMMER2) and (Positive Grid Amp Bias 2 for my guitar tones and Bass tones ).I use my real amp as well but not on this one, it's a ...What I cal,l a finished 1st run demo, all the parts are what they will be except for the solos.That is what this track is for,for solo ideas. I just hit record and play......listen....take the parts out I like or where it works in the song......the real solo will only be less than 30 seconds I believe.....lol...but I didn't want to bore you with just a dry run track with no vocals and very little solos...oh yeah dry run, means, no nothing, on anything...no compression on drums or bass no EQ no effects except some reverb on lead and rhythm guitar tracks, cymbals are not how I want them blah blah blah ......What I want, is any musician beginner or veteran or weekend player to porch jammer I don;t care how good or bad you are,this isn't a pissing contest,sorry woman for the language....  So let's see or hear you .jammin' to a favorite song or an original,anything !!

I'll start it off by hanging my ..Uh hum.....out there for all to hear...I normally don't like or do this..........so here it is...the eventual name of the song will be "when is it my turn?" :guitar:

My Turn.mp3 3.51 MB · 23 downloads

I was a musician for years before becoming a cop. Drums, keys (acoustic piano, synth), clarinet, guitar ... 

It's all been lost to time and music stores for resale EXCEPT for my Korg DW8000 synthesizer, my Fender Strat and I think I still have one clarinet laying around somewhere.

Over time, I was inspired by virtually all styles of music from classical to ethnic to rock to industrial.

Some of my favs were/are: AC/DC, Jan Hammer, NIN, The Smiths, The Cult, Tom Petty and a ton of 60's and 70's rock and roll oldies. 

I got to meet Ron Wood once at a family wedding in Miami. Good times. Now I'm just retired and lazy. :)

On 11/5/2019 at 5:21 PM, EastCoast50 said:

I was a musician for years before becoming a cop. Drums, keys (acoustic piano, synth), clarinet, guitar ... 

It's all been lost to time and music stores for resale EXCEPT for my Korg DW8000 synthesizer, my Fender Strat and I think I still have one clarinet laying around somewhere.

Over time, I was inspired by virtually all styles of music from classical to ethnic to rock to industrial.

Some of my favs were/are: AC/DC, Jan Hammer, NIN, The Smiths, The Cult, Tom Petty and a ton of 60's and 70's rock and roll oldies. 

I got to meet Ron Wood once at a family wedding in Miami. Good times. Now I'm just retired and lazy. :)

It's time East Coast.....it's time........

to fire that thing up !!  (your Strat)  :guitar:, you're retired now and have time no excuses.....so,go out and buy a Mesa Boogie combo amp and rock out you, retired old geezer

....Like Geezer Butler that is ... :evil:

1 hour ago, Streetcleaner said:

It's time East Coast.....it's time........

to fire that thing up !!  (your Strat)  :guitar:, you're retired now and have time no excuses.....so,go out and buy a Mesa Boogie combo amp and rock out you, retired old geezer

....Like Geezer Butler that is ... :evil:

Like many others I quit playing for may many years.  Wasnt until 2007 (around there),  I started playing again and learning how to record multi-track.   But , I still dont play as much as I should or want too.   Sucks  :( 

56 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Like many others I quit playing for may many years.  Wasnt until 2007 (around there),  I started playing again and learning how to record multi-track.   But , I still dont play as much as I should or want too.   Sucks  :( 

If I didn't have to work a job, I would be playing and recording 11 hrs a day(you have to do some other things).... if not more....stupid work and life.....sigh....instead as soon as I get home...cup of coffee and in front of my PC with my guitar or bass and lose track of time.....it's already 9:30 and I haven't even gamed yet !!......maybe I should start my own crowd source fund so I can just be a musician...if you have any loose change laying around just send it my way in care of [email protected] ...TY and your donations will be much appreciated. :guitar: