Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Congress Receiving Full Paid Retirement After Only One Term

Bushape

• Member ID:  839
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1334
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7776
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/17/1958

This would change everything and should be retroactive!

No one has been able to explain to me why young men and women serve in the U.S. Military for 20 years, risking their lives protecting freedom, and only get 50% of their pay. While politicians hold their political positions in the safe confines of the capital, protected by these same men and women, and receive full pay retirement after serving one term. It just does not make any sense.

Monday on Fox news they learned that the staffers of Congress family members are exempt from having to pay back student loans. This will get national attention if other news networks will broadcast it. When you add this to the below, just where will all of it stop?

35 States file lawsuit against the Federal Government

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them. It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

This will take less than thirty seconds to read. If you agree, please pass it on.

This is an idea that we should address.

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform... in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop.

If each person that receives this will forward it on to 20 people, in three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message.. This is one proposal that really should be passed around.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

This pretty much takes the cake. What a bunch of bullshit. They are a bunch of

self centered fucking bastards. I guess they got it figured out. Do one lousy term

and get paid for life.

On the topic of the Armed Forces receiving only half of their pay after 20 years of retirement, that is pretty standard in most government jobs. My son was married for 10 years and was in the Air Force, his wife was sleeping around whenever he was deployed. So he got a divorce and the judge said his exwife would receive half of his retirement if he stayed in for the 20 years. That is a crock of shit, at the most she should be entitled to half at the time of the divorce. Which would be 5 years. 

We need to take our government back. This is getting to be total bullshit and the shit keeps getting stacked higher every year. 

I had trouble with the damn fonts. I don't  know why the first part turned white. I was just trying to make this a little bigger. whatever

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Thanks DJ. My sister had sent that to me. She sends me all kinds of stuff.

That report that you mention says it is based on inaccurate information. I wonder who is telling the truth?

How would we ever know the truth about any government stuff?

Thanks DJ. Lets hope they are not getting paid for a job that they don't do. But I would think that they get paid too much for what they do anyway.

• Member ID:  127
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  253
  • Birthday:  12/01/1960

We have the same shit happening here. Our senators are appointed  and arnt even politicly active in our countrys affairs . They sit in a senate seat ,only have to attend 10 meetings a yr and can retire after 8 yrs(if they live that long cause they are mostly70-80 yrs old)and retire with 100,000 + pensions.While like the US our soliders have to spend thousands of dollars in legal counsel to fight for their just dues after returning home.  I share your frustration.

cptcanada.jpg

• Member ID:  172
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  780
  • Birthday:  01/18/1947

The answer is that they are politicians and you aint, that`s how democracy works. It`s called feathering your own nest.....Ronnie

• Member ID:  35
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4812
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Achievement Points:  28063
  • Days Won:  2

No new news--- This has been going on for some time.......

• Member ID:  127
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  253
  • Birthday:  12/01/1960

Purple-Ronnie
The answer is that they are politicians and you aint, that`s how democracy works. It`s called feathering your own nest.....Ronnie

Would be nice if we didnt have to feather theirs to.lol

Cpt

I just had never heard of this before. I new the president keeps his pay and rightly so. If you like the guy or not that position deserves that much respect. I don't think anybody else should get full pay. Shit I gave them enough money in my lifetime, I shoudn't have to fight just to have SSI disability.

• Member ID:  295
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1535
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  8175
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

Bushape
I just had never heard of this before. I new the president keeps his pay and rightly so. If you like the guy or not that position deserves that much respect. I don't think anybody else should get full pay. Shit I gave them enough money in my lifetime, I shoudn't have to fight just to have SSI disability.

think its time for us americans to rebel!  4REAL!

• Member ID:  238
  • Followers:  189
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  19609
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/09/1957

BushApe you are justified in being frustrated. I have heard this before and it's very disheartening that we the people of the Greatest Nation on Earth are a bunch of Morons. We may be Idiots here but we are smarter than most and it's a crying shame that we allow things like this to go on. I can go on and on about the things I dislike about our Government, but it is still one of the best in the World in theory we have just become to complacent too make a change in Government and get rid of the people who are screwing things up. The best example of this is we elected George W Bush twice even after he stole the first election LMAO got to love this Country.

• Member ID:  99
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  1111
  • Birthday:  09/14/1960
  • Device:  Windows

40% of what the government tells you is 30 %true..

• Member ID:  809
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979
  • Device:  Windows

Porkyxi
40% of what the government tells you is 30 %true..

I thought it was more like 99% of what they say is like  2% true

I think you give them way to much credit lmao

• Member ID:  238
  • Followers:  189
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  19609
  • Birthday:  07/09/1957

LMAO Dark you are right Porky give our elected officials to much credit

• Member ID:  295
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  1535
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  8175
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

Noears711>XI<
BushApe you are justified in being frustrated. I have heard this before and it's very disheartening that we the people of the Greatest Nation on Earth are a bunch of Morons. We may be Idiots here but we are smarter than most and it's a crying shame that we allow things like this to go on. I can go on and on about the things I dislike about our Government, but it is still one of the best in the World in theory we have just become to complacent too make a change in Government and get rid of the people who are screwing things up. The best example of this is we elected George W Bush twice even after he stole the first election LMAO got to love this Country.

betta be careful..this clan loves bushLaughing...and i am the black sheep who loves his obama long live OBAMA!

• Member ID:  859
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  681
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  4117
  • Birthday:  11/04/1968

You hit the nail on the head, Ape.  But you're certainly not alone.  There are a couple hundred million people in the U.S. that feel the EXACT same way.   As hard as it is for me to admit... the U.S. gov't now IS among the most corrupt on Earth.  But it is NOT "the system" that is corrupt.... it is the grinning, lying politicians.  I'd guess about 5-10% of our elected "representatives TRULY represent their constituents' will - the rest are there for the huge $$MONEY$$ and power.

Funny - despite the relaitvely *paltry* salary they make as Congressmen/politicians  -how so many grinning politicians have opulent mansions, fleets of cars, private Learjets, mulitple vacation homes, take EXTRAVAGENT vacations, enroll THEIR kids in exclusive private schools, and *somehow* end up with with sweetheart, *high yield* investments and grotesquely profitable real estate deals - that make them rich for life.  After only one or two terms.

To be frank, America is a victim of it's own success.  Our "poorest" children are generally obese, get free lunches, free education, free housing, only have 6 games for their XBOX, one computer, thier parents only have one 40" flatscreen TV, 2 cell-phones, 2 cars, and pay no income taxes whatsoever.  The RICHEST people in most other countries, would LOVE to have all those things.... poor Americans are "rich" compared to the "wealthy" people in most other countries.  When foreign workers will GLEEFULLY work twice as hard - for half the moeny... just GUESS what is going to happen to our jobs & economy.  Well, open your eyes & you can see it happening NOW.

We are spoiled rotten, and few of us have actually EARNED or SACRIFICED, to have all that we have.

But nature has a way of correcting these things.  I hate saying it, but America is due for hard times.  Our debt crisis is VERY serious, and our status as "the richest nation" IS going to end soon.  We have given our politicians (leaders" - *gag*) a pass to abuse the system, and spend money WE DON'T HAVE, to buy votes and get re-elected.

Few decent people run for elected office anymore.  The media will viciously attack & slander those that have a different opinion than they do.  True of BOTH sides.  The media has evolved into ratings-based partisan hacks, and there are few (if any) TRULY "objective" sources of information still exist.

I only have 2 suggestions:

1.  Invest what you can, in commodity-based investments.  Avoid dollar-based investments.  The U.S. dollar, as a currency, is imploding and within the next few years, is going to bottom out.  Buy gold, precious metals (silver especially), food-based commodities, and energy.  Don't listen to radio commercials, do what the most successful & educated investors are doing... which is listed above.  Don't count on the dollar - it is rolling towards a cliff.

2.  Vote INDEPENDENT.  Both the Republican & Democrat parties are corrupted garbage.  They do what is best for themselves, screw the peoples' interests.  The sooner we can evolve from the restrictive two-party system, the better.  As of now, we have a choice of only black or white... when are problems (and the solutions) are grey.  We have only a choice of "all or nothing" - when we just want SOME.

Break the chokehold.  Vote third (or 4th or 5th) party.  Liberal, conservative, moderate - whatever.  Doesn't matter.  Just break this corrupted two-party system, or the same will continue.  We need fresh blood, fresh ideas, and less temptation for those elected into office.

*ALL* great empires of throughout history, the Roman Empire, British, Byzantian, French, Spanish, Mongol, Ming, Russian, etc., etc. - were NOT defeated by outside forces... they destroyed themselves from within.  ANY decent sports coach will tell you - that the minute you get satisfied, complacent, and lazy - someone with more drive & desire will steal your success from you and "take the title". 

I just hope it isn't already too late.  It is up to the people/ voters, now.  But I'm not confident that enough people see that clearly enough, to avoid disaster.  And any lazy-ass that doesn't care enough to research/learn/educate themsleves/VOTE - then I don't want to hear ya whining like a bitch, when the shit hits the fan.

Rant over.

Weezil

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

nice post bushape.........congress, what a fuckin joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the worst part about it is that if you watch what's happenin in the world, America is still the best place to be.....................................

Damn Crack, I am not even going there.

Good one Ferret. I never meant this to be a political rant, but I guess it is. In my personal opinion we should do away with all political parties. And just do a general election where the best man wins, period. No primaries. No bs, just simple elections. Of course there would probably be some added bs, that I can't think of. Could you imagine how many billions of dollars would be saved and how much more would get done.

Congress spends most of its time bickering about taking sides and having enough of one side to make a vote pass. And they spend all of this time trying to make bills and such and then they don't get passed because of one side or the other. So all of that time was wasted. When old man bush was president, he vetoed every bill but one. it was like 141 -1. What a waste, just because the Democrats controlled congress. He only signed one fucking bill the whole time he was in office.

I always vote for the person that I like the most, but maybe I should vote for one party or the other and maybe something more would get done, if one side had complete control. But then we would all be fucked. I am neither democrat or republican. I don't feel one is better than the other. They are both fucked up. It is just who's bs you cave in to.

\One other thing that I hate is combining bills into one and only that bill gets a congressional vote. Then if someone votes for or againest that, then the media plays for or againest them. Even though the person voted the way they did because they didn't like the tag along bills. That is why someome will say that someone else voted the way they did for the main bill, when reality that person didn't like the other smaller bills. Like the Democrats wouldn't even pass their own health care bill, that is because the Republicans put in a bunch of smaller bills that the Democrats didn't like. (just an example, not even sure if it is true).

Each bill should have it's own vote. And yes they would have the time if we didn't have political parties.

It is just frustrating. That is why I rarely watch the news. Shit is always the same just the names and places have changed. And why should a news company or even newspapers endorse candidates? Shouldn't they be telling us the truth, instead of how they want us to think.

God damn, this is a never ending rant, so I will shut up. Someone can move it to the Political forum if they want.