Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Reflection fathers resolutions

BigPapaDean

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6529
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63453
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954
  • Device:  Windows

We all know that at this time of year most everyone looks back at the past year and reflects and promises themselves that they will make the changes they lied to themselves about for the last 10 or 40 yrs! I have heard it said that if you put it down into writing then its easier to do because you are reminded more often that you are doing or not doing what yopu promised yourself you would or wouldn't do! My resolution is to get out of the dark rat hole I am living in where I don't know from one day to the next where I will be living! 

I would love to read what some of the things you really want to change and what you think you should do about them! I know its not easy being idiots but it is what it is! I mean  HXTR just can't help it cause he is like me we are idiots so give us a break about that ok? Now its your turn!

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I've never been one to place importance in New Year Resolutions, personally.  To my mind, if something needs doing, you do it; if it doesn't, you don't. 

However, last year was different.  2011 promised to be a difficult year and I'm thankful those certain difficulties were lessened to a degree as the year progressed and, as a family, we rode out a critical time rather well.  I promised myself and my wife that it was my intention to grab hold of every ounce of joy that might present itself and I surely did.  We had some good times!

New Year's Eve is now less a time to celebrate leaving a bad year behind and more a time to brace oneself for the next but I'm going to think and do as I have done during 2011. 

The main thing to avoid is anxiety - don't worry about things over which you have no control whatsoever.  They'll happen and one will deal with them when/if they do as best as one can and with the support of family and friends.

I bear in mind Matthew 6:34 (quoted from the New American Standard version of The Bible - easier to understand):

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." 

I wish you, Dean, and all here, a contented and peaceful New Year.

• Member ID:  390
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959
  • Device:  Windows

DEEJAYKEG

I've never been one to place importance in New Year Resolutions, personally.  To my mind, if something needs doing, you do it; if it doesn't, you don't. 

However, last year was different.  2011 promised to be a difficult year and I'm thankful those certain difficulties were lessened to a degree as the year progressed and, as a family, we rode out a critical time rather well.  I promised myself and my wife that it was my intention to grab hold of every ounce of joy that might present itself and I surely did.  We had some good times!

New Year's Eve is now less a time to celebrate leaving a bad year behind and more a time to brace oneself for the next but I'm going to think and do as I have done during 2011. 

The main thing to avoid is anxiety - don't worry about things over which you have no control whatsoever.  They'll happen and one will deal with them when/if they do as best as one can and with the support of family and friends.

I bear in mind Matthew 6:34 (quoted from the New American Standard version of The Bible - easier to understand):

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." 

I wish you, Dean, and all here, a contented and peaceful New Year.

+1 well said!