Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

TDM Map

window

• Member ID:  1189
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2006
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  12807
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/20/1966
  • Device:  Windows

There is a map on the TDM server that is called Cargo Dock.  This map has a glitch in it that people are using more and more often.   I have told people that it is a glitch and to get out of it and some people keep going back to it.  I know that some people are going to post that you should X fire an ADM to come in but it seems to be going on more and more.   Can this map just be removed and replaced with another one?   Thanks Window

• Member ID:  1684
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2142
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  13749
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  11/16/1971

good idea  window !! Cool

• Member ID:  113
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  1295
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8353
  • Birthday:  07/11/1969

If Window says that its bad, then it must be. Replace it. TooT

• Member ID:  1387
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

Yup. I'm With Window

• Member ID:  51
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  342
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5974
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Achievement Points:  45818
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/26/1949

What is the glitch they are exploiting?...SmileSmile

Awards

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14892
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Achievement Points:  91127
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

I am assuming u are referring to using the box? If anyone is caught glitching, it will be considered a warning proceeded by a ban..

• Member ID:  203
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1659
  • Birthday:  02/19/1966

They keep on doing that pete, haha, you better take that map out, windows has a point here, and there are more off the regular people who's pissing that of, put a sniper map in for it , sow i can kill all the glit......and window offcours.....lol

Keep it fair guy's.   

If it is the boxes on the "Container Map" then it is not an exploit according to our server rules...It is within the normal map boundary and you can be killed while in there...SmileSmile

Awards

The map is Cargo Dock  (the containers)  The spot is the 2 boxes in front of the hanger just to give the info that was asked for.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

I'm always in favor of changing the maps now and then but I doubt it will do much to fix the problem. Damn near every map has some kind of glitch and these guys know where they are and how to use them. A couple of the regular non-member players frequently use map exploits to win rounds. Today I was watching one of our regulars blatantly use a glitch to kill people one after another and he was off the map out of site from the other players. When he ignored numerous requests to leave the glitch and when I couldn't find an admin, I just recorded it on xfire (in case anybody is interested in watching, it's the only video I have right now).

On it

Frist off I know that ADM's have final say and I mean no direspect.  Having said that can someone tell me what is the server rules  on a in map glitch or not glitch?  I understand a glitch as an unfair andvantage in or out of the map.  When you can't see the person in a box but he or she can see you and shoot and kill you that seems to me to be a glitch.  I understand that all maps have holes in them.  I Dam well don't want to be a fing whiner or push the issue as I dont make many posts but I am speaking for more peeps than just me.  Thanks Window

Fuck it, this much to say about it, then remove it.

I have been playing on >XI< servers for nearly five years...It has always been the policy in that time that if a glitch is inside the regular map boundary and you can be killed there than it is acceptable...It is not my job to create policy but to enforce continuity in policy...Any changes in policy comes from above my pay grade...SmileSmile

Awards

• Member ID:  23
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1835
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16159
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

To clarify what Bart is saying is that we felt since so many really good maps are not perfect that if as stated the person could be killed while using a glitch within the confines of the map would be acceptable but frowned on behavior. The reason for this was in the DM mode everyone would say hey asswipe get the fuck out of the box and keep killing the dipstick. However on the TDM server these glitches in a map provide some issues but those issues exist for both teams so if someone is using a spot my advice would be to camp that spot and protect your team for it's use and abuse. This is no different then on the Castle map with the mine field and rocks near the Tower.if you go so far your "still on the map" but obviously outside the intended area because if you a bit farther following the same path you fall under the map which is the area in Little Old Mans video. Since there are so few really good maps and a clamoring for fresh map rotations we have been forced to allow some maps to remain because the Majority of people who play here are good sports and don't glitch. We may need to consider removing both of these maps especially from the TDM because of the spawn point advantage they can create that sometimes can't be overcome by killing an offender because their respawn isn't based on ypur location like the DM server but the re-spawn is based on their teammates location..We take everyone's thoughts and ideas into account with regards to how we enforce the standards of fair play so any suggestions would be welcome and considered and all the admin team are so grateful for the diehard and dedicated COD2 players we have playing with us every day.

• Member ID:  143
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2514
  • Birthday:  08/25/1966

Don't worry Window...you'll ALWAYS be a frigin Whiner.

PHUCKITMAN
To clarify what Bart is saying is that we felt since so many really good maps are not perfect that if as stated the person could be killed while using a glitch within the confines of the map would be acceptable but frowned on behavior. The reason for this was in the DM mode everyone would say hey asswipe get the fuck out of the box and keep killing the dipstick. However on the TDM server these glitches in a map provide some issues but those issues exist for both teams so if someone is using a spot my advice would be to camp that spot and protect your team for it's use and abuse. This is no different then on the Castle map with the mine field and rocks near the Tower.if you go so far your "still on the map" but obviously outside the intended area because if you a bit farther following the same path you fall under the map which is the area in Little Old Mans video. Since there are so few really good maps and a clamoring for fresh map rotations we have been forced to allow some maps to remain because the Majority of people who play here are good sports and don't glitch. We may need to consider removing both of these maps especially from the TDM because of the spawn point advantage they can create that sometimes can't be overcome by killing an offender because their respawn isn't based on ypur location like the DM server but the re-spawn is based on their teammates location..We take everyone's thoughts and ideas into account with regards to how we enforce the standards of fair play so any suggestions would be welcome and considered and all the admin team are so grateful for the diehard and dedicated COD2 players we have playing with us every day.

Just so I understand you Pman, in my video it would be ok to camp that glitch and use it, or is it frowned upon? Honestly a little trick I use in TDM that few others do is use smoke bombs. If you have a guy in a glitch or camped anyplace that isn't easy to get to, keeping the area smoked out kind of renders their little spot useless (for at least a minute per bomb) if they can't see the enemy.

• Member ID:  203
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  178
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1659
  • Birthday:  02/19/1966

Many years ago when i started on this server, there where no Glitchers, Hackers and so on.

And if there where any , we spoke to 'n admin , and 5 sec later he, or it was banned.

That's why, the XI clan was alway's Far an Fun to play on.

If their is something wrong now , we first get issues with eachother on the website. Stop that and do the wrigth thing.

I'm here now for almost 9 years , and lately there are many issues like this and more.

Are own XI members are running away , and we get new people who are chaeting like hell.

Put 'n stop on it!!!!!!!    If one or two XI members seen someone glitching or seen maps who aren't good , do something about it, like the admins  did years agow.

We wonna have fun again on the server.   Last few monht's i'm not around in my evening because its no fun to play anymore like this.

Only time its fun to play is in my time around 14.00 ours, then the regular people of xi standing up (lol) and getting in, no straingers and hackers and glitching. But Fun we have.

Bring back this community to his orginal state pls , gone with glitchers, hackers  and dirty players!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Member ID:  23
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1835
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16159
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

Hello everyone I had I long talk with Bart about this issue and we want to insure that everyone who plays on the COD2 servers have fun and wish to stay for a long time. This is not always possible as new games come out and people go try them out. The game we play came out in late 2005 so it is considered an older game with less and less support and activity as it grows even older. Most XI members who don't play COD2 anymore play a newer game we support. So having it run like the old days is becoming more and more difficult and the TDM server is a fairly new addition to our server rotation and was started as a pet project of one of our members who them turned it over to us to run. The rules we have in place regarding the use or abuse of glitches was based on us running mostly a Death Match style set of servers. The majority of current admins didn't play a mot of team style games so we learn as we go along from people like you guys who point out what you like and dislike, find acceptable and unacceptable. So while it may appear we are sending mixed messages about this situation they are notm because the messages were again formulated for a DM type server with revenge spawn. Little Old Man your Video was proof that some maps need to be removed because that glitch is a place where the player can completely hide behind the textures of the map and actually shoot thru the map. This map is going to be removed asap from the TDM server since it is unsuitable for TDM play. We have so few players these days that we can't just Ban everyone who use's a Glitch on a map we allow them to play on by putting it in the rotation. So in closing it is my assertion that we frown on Glitching as it is un-sportsmen like but if it occurs in the maps boundries  it is considered acceptable since it has been decided the Map outshines the glitch it may contain. It is easier to replace a map then deal with the Drama because players are becoming hard to find. I hope this answers your questions and addresses your concerns but my X-fire is almost always on and I check for PM's every day at least 2x a day

P-man and I have asked Rugger to remove the castle map...It should be pulled this afternoon...Thanks guys for your input...SmileSmile

Awards

Thanks for the clarification and the great work guys.