Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Spawn Protection?

• Member ID:  2560
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  307
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2777
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/14/1956
  • Device:  Windows

I've been with this clan long enough to know that nothing is going to be done regarding the extreme camping that takes place by 2 of our members. I also realize that some will say that it's part of the game, which I completely disagree with. That being said, I seem to remember that not to long ago we had some kind of spawn protection within our maps. Somewhere along the line and for whatever reason, it was removed. I'm not sure why, maybe having spawn protection inadvertently causes issues with other aspects of the game? I don't know.

I must say that it is annoying enough to have to deal with the 2 said campers, let alone deal with their nades and shots directly into spawn areas.

Is there anything that this clan is willing to do to make our game a bit more fair and competitive? If not, I will just STFU and try harder.

Thanks

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Occasional spawn camping is something just about everybody does, sometimes intentional and sometimes not. But, if somebody regularly lays in wait at known spawn points and kills everybody who spawns there, we consider that unsportsman like and will warn the person doing it to stop.

I would strongly suggest recording the offenders on Xfire while spectating them or even in game and PM an admin/s for their input. 

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6420
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Achievement Points:  54365
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

At this time there are some maps that are spawn killing whores heaven....Glove take notes as well of the maps and perhaps we need to pull them if it becomes a pissing match.....By the way I agree with what you say and there has been things said in the past to (the campers) so maybe time for more action....I prefer to die running being shot in the back

loADER>XI<

Occasional spawn camping is something just about everybody does, sometimes intentional and sometimes not. But, if somebody regularly lays in wait at known spawn points and kills everybody who spawns there, we consider that unsportsman like and will warn the person doing it to stop.

I would strongly suggest recording the offenders on Xfire while spectating them or even in game and PM an admin/s for their input. 

I'm not really referring to "spawn camping" although that happens as well. I can't count the times that I have been killed right as I spawn by a nade or bullet. There are also many times that I have died via a trip or mine just a couple of steps outside of a spawn. There are people who will deny this or say that it can't happen but I assure you that I wouldn't bother making this stuff up.

At this time there are some maps that are spawn killing whores heaven....Glove take notes as well of the maps and perhaps we need to pull them if it becomes a pissing match.....By the way I agree with what you say and there has been things said in the past to (the campers) so maybe time for more action....I prefer to die running being shot in the back

loADER>XI<

Is spawn protection out of the question? I don't think anything can or will be done about the camping. The 2 main offenders use that as their style and won't even admit to doing it. I find it hilarious and annoying to hear one of them on a regular basis accuse others of camping and spawn killing! Is that I classic case of the pot calling the kettle black?

spawn protection is on ( as far as I know ) problem being getting stuck in spawn behind others and spawn locations on some maps really suck ..well idiot balls

when u spawn u lose protection when u bring up ur weapons.....maybe we could look into extending the protection time

I will chat with Rugger via PM and see

• Member ID:  1189
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2006
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  12807
  • Birthday:  07/20/1966

gLOVe first off thanks for your post and concerns.  We do appreicate it.  I know that some maps when very busy with lots of people can be a spawn killing problem.  It happends, but can be very frustrating and piss many people off.  If there is a map that is just flat out not working please let us know so we can take action, because on a map like that it is kill or be killed.   Like LOM said if someone is just flat out spawn killing / spawn camping for most of the game we consider that unsportsman like.  If needed action can or will be taken.   You can contact a Adm via x-fire or PM for input if needed.

Thanks Window>XI<

Edited by window

Spawn protection has been updated to 5sec with invisibility.......Lets see if that works better 

I'm not really referring to "spawn camping" although that happens as well. I can't count the times that I have been killed right as I spawn by a nade or bullet. There are also many times that I have died via a trip or mine just a couple of steps outside of a spawn. There are people who will deny this or say that it can't happen but I assure you that I wouldn't bother making this stuff up.

Sorry I misunderstood your original post. If you're only talking about camping then I'm afraid you will just have to deal with it. Some servers have limits on camping, XI doesn't have any restrictions on general camping what so ever.  Perhaps the additional few seconds of spawn protection will help your problem.

As far as trips laid close to spawn areas are concerned, we've gone over this subject a number of times in the past. As long as the only exit from a spawn area isn't tripped then it's perfectly ok to do. Our servers are programmed not to allow a trip or mine to be laid on a spawn spot, but very close to it. I realize that there are some who push this limit to the extreme, but the powers that be have declared it to be acceptable and that's just how it's going to be.

gLOVe first off thanks for your post and concerns.  We do appreicate it.  I know that some maps when very busy with lots of people can be a spawn killing problem.  It happends, but can be very frustrating and piss many people off.  If there is a map that is just flat out not working please let us know so we can take action, because on a map like that it is kill or be killed.   Like LOM said if someone is just flat out spawn killing / spawn camping for most of the game we consider that unsportsman like.  If needed action can or will be taken.   You can contact a Adm via x-fire or PM for input if needed.

Thanks Window>XI<

Thanks Window, it's really not any particular map, although there are some that lend themselves to spawn killing more than others. What I am talking about is more of a game style that some members have chosen. I'm not going to mention names but I'm sure most regular players can figure it out. 

Spawn protection has been updated to 5sec with invisibility.......Lets see if that works better 

Thanks loader! I'm sure I'm not the only one that might appreciate this.

• Member ID:  174
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Content Count:  14892
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Achievement Points:  91127
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

This seems very much a knee-jerk reaction to a situation. I personally believe there should be some type of discussion about this before any changes are made. I recall several months back, a very few unhappy members voicing their displeasure which lead to wholesale changes. There was little discussion between membership or admins at the time.  

As for the topic....There is spawn protection, in respect to allowing someone to take several steps, I cant recall the specifc amount though. As for camping. This issue has been apart of the game from day one. Regretfully its a point of contention within all our servers, COD2,4, WAW. Personally its part of the game. If someone choses to camp then so be it.  As far as Im concerned, game styles are not something we need to monitor. If so, we are entering a slippery slop that ends with us being hall monitors.

Regardless, I always end up at the same spot. Is this a concern for the majority of our members and admins?   Are we happy with our servers as they are? Will any changes made push members away.  I could ask if it would improve membership but the reality is, we are playing a game with limited players. I personally believe that we are as good as we can be.  If spawn raping is an issue, then please take that up with admins, we are all very accessable and  are willing to listen and if so, correct any situation.

Not a "knee-jerk" reaction at all. Personally, I have been complaining about all of the above for months. I can say with certainty that I am not the only one who feels this way. I hear players complain all the time in game. I choose not to raise issues during the game unless absolutely necessary. I for one enjoy playing this game and I enjoy playing with about 90% of our members. I understand that this clan is going to allow camping, spawn killing, setting trip wires and mines just slightly outside the spawn.

We can make the choice to not do anything about these issues or we can admit that they are happening and act accordingly to make changes. According to one of our admins, there are mods that would prevent camping and we could make a 5 sec spawn protect. If we do nothing and leave everything as is my only choice will be to find a way to have fun with the issues in place.

I do find it interesting that I am the only one voicing an opinion on these issues when it clearly bothers several others.

Not a "knee-jerk" reaction at all. Personally, I have been complaining about all of the above for months. I can say with certainty that I am not the only one who feels this way. I hear players complain all the time in game. I choose not to raise issues during the game unless absolutely necessary. I for one enjoy playing this game and I enjoy playing with about 90% of our members. I understand that this clan is going to allow camping, spawn killing, setting trip wires and mines just slightly outside the spawn.

We can make the choice to not do anything about these issues or we can admit that they are happening and act accordingly to make changes. According to one of our admins, there are mods that would prevent camping and we could make a 5 sec spawn protect. If we do nothing and leave everything as is my only choice will be to find a way to have fun with the issues in place.

I do find it interesting that I am the only one voicing an opinion on these issues when it clearly bothers several others.

Let me clairify this so there is no misunderstanding.  The "knee-jerk" reaction would be making complete changes without consulting admins or members.  Whatever choices made, if any, will hopefully be a group effort. If people choose not to comment, thats there right as well.

• Member ID:  171
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1487
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Achievement Points:  8690
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/05/1970

:offtopic:     I sure miss "Spawn Killin" you IDIOTS!!!     :offtopic:

:harhar:

:offtopic:     I sure miss "Spawn Killin" you IDIOTS!!!     :offtopic:

:harhar:

I havent seen you for awhile... Whats up!!

Spawn protection was in fact off.....There for upon speaking with Rugger it was changed by him to the current 5sec with invisibility 

You lost me there glove.

On the one hand you state:

"I understand that this clan is going to allow camping, spawn killing, setting trip wires and mines just slightly outside the spawn."

And immediately after that you state:

"We can make the choice to not do anything about these issues or we can admit that they are happening and act accordingly to make changes."

You understand that we as a clan permit these "issues" to happen and have for a very long time. Nobody is denying they happen and nobody but you is asking for changes to be made.

The fact of the matter is that there is no way we are going to please everybody. What you see as issues don't seem to bother the vast majority of players. One would assume if those issues did bother them enough, those people wouldn't play on our servers any longer,  yet they continue to do so including yourself. I play almost daily and see the very same people there, and yes there are always people who don't like something but obviously they're still here and can live with the issues and continue to play and have fun.

There are players who piss me off too, but I would rather simply ignore them, continue playing and have fun. If I let a small percentage of the players ruin my gaming experience, I wouldn't play there any longer. Instead I make it my mission to put those players on the top of my hit list, which makes the game much more enjoyable for me. There is nothing more satisfying than sneaking up on a camper and bashing their head in. You should try it some time, the experience is quite enjoyable.

That's funny Steve. Joe and myself just had a conversation on that subject. Our severs are hosts to a variety of players. Everyone is welcome play regardless.

Just as expected, the typical answers prevail. If this only affected me I wouldn't even bother posting or complaining. As I said before, I will find a way to deal with the bs and still have a good time. Honestly, I do much better when I don't visit or read forums like these. Answer if you wish but I'm done with this nonsense. 

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I think we need to have a good discussion about these issues. Like I told Pete,  I consider everybody my friend here, and by that I mean my real friends. However I sensed some resentment from my good buddy, the Glove tonight. I haven't had the chance to play during the week.  I have been pretty busy at work and I have been getting home really late at night. I will have to read al the posts to have an idea of what the discrepancies and issues are, but if there's one thing I know per sure, is that I don't want the COD 2 server to die, so bear with me and give me a day or two to catch up, I am a bit confused here

Joe

Just as expected, the typical answers prevail. If this only affected me I wouldn't even bother posting or complaining. As I said before, I will find a way to deal with the bs and still have a good time. Honestly, I do much better when I don't visit or read forums like these. Answer if you wish but I'm done with this nonsense.

There is no reason to be passive aggressive Glove. This is an open dialog to a reasonable request that you started. With that said, you have to except that some will not agree with you. It's fine to be frustrated, but we need to respect each others opinion, and yours is just as valuable as the next.

Now in respect to camping. Like I said, I'm very reluctant to monitor game style behaviors. At some point all players will camp and specially when certain maps dictates it. Some players never camp while some always do. Some players on our servers have real physical challenges that prevents them from running and gunning. It would be a true injustice if anyone asked them to stop playing the style they are use to.

Now as far as I'm concerned, this is not a closed. In real life, we would all sit down and hash this out. But when you have to discuss these things on an open forum, it may takes a lot longer for members and admins to add there opinions. Please give the process time.

Just as expected, the typical answers prevail. If this only affected me I wouldn't even bother posting or complaining. As I said before, I will find a way to deal with the bs and still have a good time. Honestly, I do much better when I don't visit or read forums like these. Answer if you wish but I'm done with this nonsense. 

Excellent suggestion. I believe we should move past this nonsense and just enjoy the servers.

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I wish I had a smart thing to say about all this, but nothing really comes to mind.  The main concern I had several months ago was the fact that people would leave immediately  when we got a huge sniper map. There would be no adms around even on a Saturday night, so the Glove and myself knew that Summer Valley at midnight was pretty much a "good night people, see you tomorrow" thing. I have lost count of how many weekends were ruined by the former map rotation system.

Rugger changed things around, so the players would be able to vote and choose the map they wanted to play. It wasn't a smooth transition by any means, but eventually the bad maps were weeded out and people got used to the new system. We could probably make some changes and add some more maps to the list we've got , but honestly that's as far I think we could get without making significant changes to the current gaming "rules" on the COD 2 server, and by that I mean "gaming styles" and such.  Just my two cents....

Edited by Joe Canadian

There are ways to increase the odds of a map you want winding up the winner on the map vote. You have about 15 seconds to make up your mind of first and second choices.

1. If the only maps voted on have a single vote, the highest one on the list wins every time. Even if there are 20 choices, if none have more than a single vote, the one closest to the top of the list wins. This is true with all ties, the highest on the list always wins.

2. If it looks like a map you absolutely hate is going to win with 2 or more votes and if you would rather play any map but that one, vote on a map higher on the list so it has at least an equal number of votes. That way your second choice wins.

Number 2 comes in especially handy when Pete votes for a shottie map and cries like a baby when it loses. :w00t: