Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Alcohol Marijuana and the average working guy

Leadfinger

• Member ID:  1238
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

As with similar posts by others in the past, this, by inference if not overtly, contains non sequiturs.

It is more accurate to state that some drunk people commit domestic violence offences and cannabis

use causes psychosis in some genetically predisposed people.

See: http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/expertadvice/problemsdisorders/cannabis.aspx

The fact that someone chooses to use cannabis and is not yet psychotic is not sound justification for

widespread use.

weed has been around since biblical times....alcohol is made to get the desired effect....weed smokers don't go out and drive into oncoming traffic...yes of course the obvious is if a psycotic person smokes weed it makes them worse...but that is .999 percent of the population that don't have paranoid tendendcies...it is a known fact that paranoid schizophrenia is made worse by smoking weed and triggers psychotic thoughts...but that goes the same for if you gave that same person ten beers.....i just don't get the comparison with weed and booze,, not even in the same bracket....paranoid schizphrenics should not smoke weed period....but those that don't have the predisposed gene can smoke it with out any worries...picture this....smoke ten joints and do a couple of balance exercises then try the same after ten beers....two different entities that don't even deserve a comparison...too much of a joke to me.....booze kills weed pasifies.....period and there isn't any little snippets from the back of a good person magazine that will convince me other wise.....someone always finds a rogue statement found in the back of Funk and Wagnalls back porch books to find a severe situation in which weed is harmful...its a joke ....booze taken in excess can have real bad results....weed taken in excess [normal non paranoid schizophrenics] and the results are sitting in chair with a bowl of popcorn and pop...or a bowl of chips and a t.v chanel changer....peeps have always given weed a bad rap...damn refer madness movie from the fifties..made everyone turn into scaredy cats....use your own judgement people....booze will always be the worst of the two...and you all know it........remember you have to make booze to get the desired effect.....weed has it in there from the start.....lets see you beer drinkers and wine lovers drink your drinks without the alcohol....you would see alot more weed smokers if you took the drunk part out of the boozing,,,,because beer tastes like shit.....lol,,,and by the way have you ever picked up a gal with drunken wine breath?,,,,,instant turn off,,,,,,,,weed and booze in the same sentence....too funny....sounds like the brainwashers have struck again.....

If you think driving a car is safe after using cannabis, you are very much mistaken.  This is the reason it is illegal here and, I suspect, in your neck of the woods too.

If you want to use this junk, get on with it - it's your choice.  If its use is promoted here or elsewhere, I'll be happy to step in and provide the contrary opinion with medical sources.  :thumbup:

• Member ID:  17422
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  160
  • Days Won:  0

I subscribe to the Eastern philosophy of life:  Everything in moderation.  I'm a social drinker and the same for pot.  As long as you can keep your wits about you, you are doing fine.  Too much pleasure eventually becomes pain, either for you, or those around you, or innocent victims. 

I went to a major University in the late sixties, early seventies era, so you can connect the dots as far as drugs and alcohol use.  Happily left most of it behind after graduation. 

Its hard to argue the alcohol/violence connection, I'll give you that much.  But too much pot takes away all your motivation, something that is necessary if your to have any success and happiness in life.  Just mho.  Joe Walsh said that it works for awhile, but then you chase it.  I think thats very profound.

Anyway. just my $.02

Har

Sig_03.jpg

• Member ID:  2048
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967
  • Device:  Windows

i was high from cannabis once in my life at 20 sumthin  .all senses were heightened and it was enjoyible and i was completly in control .from that one experience i prefer canibubus over alcohol and beleive  it is less harmfull then alcohol.i dont smoke because it is illegal and I need my job to support my family .

Edited by Damage_inc-

• Member ID:  3610
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2410
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/21/1983

As with similar posts by others in the past, this, by inference if not overtly, contains non sequiturs.

It is more accurate to state that some drunk people commit domestic violence offences and cannabis

use causes psychosis in some genetically predisposed people.

See: http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/expertadvice/problemsdisorders/cannabis.aspx

The fact that someone chooses to use cannabis and is not yet psychotic is not sound justification for

widespread use.

plagiarism is a crime

I don't understand what "plagiarism" has got to do with it.

Having undertaken university-level education, I am fully aware of academic requirements for citing sources, thank you, and, indeed, used those required by Harvard when writing my own essays.

For those who don't know the meaning of this long word, here's another link (public domain so it should pass muster):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

I'll stand by what i wtote to you earlier  plagiarism is a crime

• Member ID:  5717
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  622
  • Birthday:  08/30/1975

http://www.rcpsych.a...s/cannabis.aspx lol did u read this for real u dont put tobacco in to smoke do u believe every thing u read lol

• Member ID:  5717
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  622
  • Birthday:  08/30/1975

my son use it for pain ect and caesars so when i read crap like this it piss me off and yes a dr give it to him.

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962
  • Device:  Windows

i was high from cannabis once in my life at 20 sumthin  .all senses were heightened and it was enjoyible and i was completly in control .from that one experience i prefer canibubus over alcohol and beleive  it is less harmfull then alcohol.i dont smoke because it is illegal and I need my job to support my family .

Damage you made a very wise decision.

The fact that you experienced the effects of weed and found it enjoyable yet realized that you are the "breadwinner" in your household and made the right choice, sometimes you can't have it both ways.

Whereas I don't find smoking a lil weed a crime I do take offense to anyone that lets weed interfere with their responsibilities. You gotta first have your "shit together" and then not let smokin weed screw it up.

Somehow I imagine Damage as that 86 year old man in JohnnyQuest's story chillin with a doobie  :smoke: