Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Boot up BSOD

PainKiller

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2017
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16710
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994
  • Device:  Windows

So, I got my old man Noddy's old PC so I am moving my HDD from my old one and then putting 7 on there because my old one still runs XP. I can boot it fine on my old machine (because I am using it right now) but when it starts to boot on my newer machine it crashes after a few seconds, it blue screens and then restarts so quick I can't read the message! Could it be a boot issue at all? Like a hardware error or something?

I just don't get why it boots fine on my old machine but crashes when booting on the new one.

Any help would be appreciated!

And I am sure many of the older members from about 4 years ago would remember my old man :lol:

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Yea likely hardware is the first culprit. First take out everything except the mb, ram and dvd. Reseat ram and check connections to the dvd. See if the install disk boots. If so add the hdd as the first boot device and go from there.  I assume the mb has built in video.

• Member ID:  20107
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2017
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  16710
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/01/1994

Yea likely hardware is the first culprit. First take out everything except the mb, ram and dvd. Reseat ram and check connections to the dvd. See if the install disk boots. If so add the hdd as the first boot device and go from there.  I assume the mb has built in video.

I had the HDD in all that WITH my Windows 7 boot disc in the disc drive and I reset the BIOS to the defaults and it found the disc and started to boot that so it seemed to be okay. What you said was similar to what I had done. The connection to the disc drive was loose so I put that in properly and made sure everything was wired up okay then I went from there and as I said just now, it seemed to work.

I will try it again later, I just need to back up the important stuff from this PC before I update the OS for it.