Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

100 yard Headshot ...paintball

Streetcleaner

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1756
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15721
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Device:  Windows

I have recently re entered the world of paintball

Of all the genres I chose to get into, mag fed paintball (woodsball or team death match on a small course   similiar to speedball but twice the size of a speedball course with many obstacles and buildings or my favorite 1v1 or FFA  Woodsball etc....) anyway I went out and bought a hopper/mag fed gun,so I have the option in different scenarios...The marker(gun) I bought was a Tippmann TMC elite...black ,this is one badass gun !!  okay it's not a First Strike but at half the price I can do either hopper or mag ...not just magfed ,I'm trying to find a conversion kit so I can fire first strike rounds but as is now, it is extremely accurate just not as far.First strike guns have a rifled barrel and fire a paintball with a rifled tail on it...look them up....BADASS. anyway....but I was always wondering how far and how accurate are First strike rounds ...well check this out....sniper in paintball... Holy Fucking Hell !!   makes everyone want to be a sniper....check it out

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.15
  • Achievement Points:  63248
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

Our 'Little Rainbow', bet he looks like a custom paintjob after every round ?, 

• Member ID:  989
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  18139
  • Content Per Day:  3.47
  • Achievement Points:  132929
  • Days Won:  263
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

• Member ID:  59
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2109
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  15107
  • Days Won:  13
  • Device:  Android

Use a BB gun.  Much better !!!

2 hours ago, MikeB said:

Use a BB gun.  Much better !!!

Uh....that's how I started back when I was like 12 ,as far as warfare goes....get a pair of the old fashion shop goggles,jeans,sweatshirts or flannel or combination gloves and something for your neck....no Crossman pumps or the like just single cock Daisey or Red Ryder ..."you'll shoot your eye out !".....thus the goggles ....let the games begin ! .... Paintball is much better :2guns:

55 minutes ago, Streetcleaner said:

Uh....that's how I started back when I was like 12 ,as far as warfare goes....get a pair of the old fashion shop goggles,jeans,sweatshirts or flannel or combination gloves and something for your neck....no Crossman pumps or the like just single cock Daisey or Red Ryder ..."you'll shoot your eye out !".....thus the goggles ....let the games begin ! .... Paintball is much better :2guns:

We had no shooting above the shoulders.  But that does not work.  Plus we all had Crossman 766's and Daisy 880's.  Rule was no more than 4 pumps.   But rules are always broken.  Plus when a BB went almost clean through my hand, we called it quits.  🙂  Well our parents did.   Still have entry scar and the scar where they removed the BB.  

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.15
  • Achievement Points:  63248
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

I've still got the scar in my hand where I was shot playing 'Cowboys and Indians' with a .177 Diana air rifle too, thank God we stopped when they took away our rimfires.

• Member ID:  27522
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1914
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  13391
  • Days Won:  11
  • Birthday:  07/22/1951

Wow. You sure don't want to start out in the open!

Awards

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1830
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16064
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

I played a ton of paintball in the late 1980's in Southern California on a 25 man team called "Havoc" and our best fastest player wore a old business suit when he played he didn't hide from anyone lol. We placed 2nd to Navarone after beating the Fighting 69th in the desert in a early spring tourny in 1987 and this event was the reason I bought a Enforcer constant air hopper fed pump marker made by Gramps of Granps and Grizz fame after using two Nelson 12 gram 10 round pistol markers for a few years. I had a regular hip holster plus I kept one in a shoulder holster so if my main pistol ran out of air/co2 most of the time you got rushed because changing a cartridge took a little time. But my freshly loaded backup marker was active within 3 seconds tops I carried a back up even with constant CO2 because if you broke a ball or something else went tits up I had a plan. I played until 1989 in the LA So Cal region and members of the team I played on became "The Black Diamonds" who won countless tourneys and championships. We played in the woods or on Movie Sets like the A-Teams old war zone set in the hills or in Malibu. I could tell you some very cool Paintball stories and I wish I was a younger man but you will have a ton of fun and Nice Gun Dude. Picture is of me in my backyard before I left for a match, my wife wanted one of me on all my gear. Keep in Mind this was before blowup toys were on a field we played in the trees and bushes and rocks where many old westerns were filmed.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpaint.jpg

18 hours ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

I played a ton of paintball in the late 1980's in Southern California on a 25 man team called "Havoc" and our best fastest player wore a old business suit when he played he didn't hide from anyone lol. We placed 2nd to Navarone after beating the Fighting 69th in the desert in a early spring tourny in 1987 and this event was the reason I bought a Enforcer constant air hopper fed pump marker made by Gramps of Granps and Grizz fame after using two Nelson 12 gram 10 round pistol markers for a few years. I had a regular hip holster plus I kept one in a shoulder holster so if my main pistol ran out of air/co2 most of the time you got rushed because changing a cartridge took a little time. But my freshly loaded backup marker was active within 3 seconds tops I carried a back up even with constant CO2 because if you broke a ball or something else went tits up I had a plan. I played until 1989 in the LA So Cal region and members of the team I played on became "The Black Diamonds" who won countless tourneys and championships. We played in the woods or on Movie Sets like the A-Teams old war zone set in the hills or in Malibu. I could tell you some very cool Paintball stories and I wish I was a younger man but you will have a ton of fun and Nice Gun Dude. Picture is of me in my backyard before I left for a match, my wife wanted one of me on all my gear. Keep in Mind this was before blowup toys were on a field we played in the trees and bushes and rocks where many old westerns were filmed.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpaint.jpg

Yeah I played in the late 80's when I was in college but never really got too serious about it because I was still very much into soccer(that's why I went to college)...lol  plus we weren't allowed to play during the season,coaches rule,didn't go for the education but received that as well....and after school I played a little (about a year) mostly woods ball ....I tried to get back into it with my sons when they were 10 and 12 but that was a bust but now they are into it  (22 and 25)...so....I had to !! I have a speedball gun as well but like the woods better...it is definitely harder on my body now but fun as hell....maybe in a year or two...maybe sooner,I think I will enter the world of sniper...looking at a Carmatech with a supremacy scope...Wicked ! just remember,you're never too old to get back into it.:2guns:btw...Nice look (love the hat!) serious ! ...you still fit into those? if you ever come out southwest Ohio way ....let me know and bring yer shit and we will battle !

although I have extra shit ,if needed.   \m/

:guitar:

Edited by Streetcleaner

11 hours ago, Streetcleaner said:

btw...Nice look (love the hat!) serious ! ...you still fit into those?

I still have the jacket with my patches on it but my adult son wears it sometimes and it still fits. Those pants were what the troops in Rhodesia wore and I found then at a surplus store and they were different then anyone else's so I got them to be unique. We were sponsored by RP Scherer and Oakley, Scherer sent us cases of paintballs and Oakley provided our goggles and face shields and gear bags and knee and elbow pads. I found wearing knee pads at the top of my calf's under my pants made dropping quickly to a kneeling position kept my knees good. I was a wingman on our team on the right side so my job was to sprint as fast up the field along the edge to get past mid-field until I took fire then to hold that edge and wait for reinforcements but no one got by me to try to flank us. Funny story when I moved to North Carolina I found a field with a team that played in the woods and after 2 weeks of games I asked them what it took to join them they weren't that good. They said go out solo on the field and in 5 minutes they sent 3 guys out to find me and if I stayed alive for 3 minutes after the first shot I was on the team. If you look close that gun in the picture had a silencer on it (Illegal) but still cool. I found a hiding spot up in a deer blind that had blue tarp walls and watched all 3 walk down the same trail not more then 15 feet apart, no spread or fanned out just walking like they were on a hike. I slid the silencer on and shot the last guy in line then the front guy then the middle guy in about 20 seconds and walked back to the truck. They tried to tell me I was supposed to run and I said that's why you guys suck if you kill the other team you don't need to run. 1st year we went to State championship tourney we placed last about a month after I joined. The next year after I had a chance to teach them some tactics and gave guys defined roles we won the North Carolina State Championship going unbeaten in all 6 matches best 2 out of 3 over 2 days. During the fall games I wore US desert pattern our troops wore and laying in the leaves and bush I had guys walk within 5 feet of me going towards our flag and after they passed I picked off 6 guys before someone came from my right and got me but we still won. Nothing more fun than capturing a flag when the other team is all dead lmao. Enjoy your new marker how far do they shoot now? In my day you were lucky if you could shoot 150 feet with some loft on your shot to hold someone down while others attacked, like lobbing in mortars. We laid down a ton of paint since it was free during games we played even if it was just a pickup game for shits and grins. Last time I played was about 15 years ago with my son and he was on my team and I had the flag (Red Towel) around my neck as we were eliminating the other team when I got whacked 4 times from my right only to find out it was my son shooting me because he saw red and said "No one on our team was wearing red" we still won but he will never live that down in fact tonight I am going to give him shit about it again Thanks for the good memories your post brought back. I would hope you can shoot at least 250 feet or more in a sniper game. Some guys wore ghillie suits on other teams but they stopped it because it was to hard for judges the find where they had been hit because guys would wipe it off before the ref checked them.

Do paintball guns have variable pressure or is there a set pressure ?  

40 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Do paintball guns have variable pressure or is there a set pressure ?  

Most new guns have the ability to adjust the speed a ball leaves the barrel, most fields back in my day had a chronograph that you walked by as you entered the field and if your gun was over 325 fps you had to lower it. When I played the guns had a spring in them that determined the speed combined with how much CO2 you had left in your 12 gram cartridge or how fresh the fill was on your 10 ounce canister because a fresh fill was very cold and the gas didn't expand as fast as a warm half empty canister. I had my gun maker put a set screw in the bolt that held the spring in place and with a simple turn of a Allen wrench I could tighten the tension on the spring and get my gun to fire at a higher rate of feet per second. There were many times you could see the balls in flight coming at you and dodge them or bend your body with the impact so they wouldn't break. You needed a fresh wet spot of paint larger than a Quarter to be considered dead or spray from a ball the hit a branch and broke before it hit you with a spread larger than a half dollar. But if you got hit from 10 feet in the body you could expect a large welt that could last for days. Trust me I wore many a battle would for days, that's why face shields and goggles made for paintball were designed in the late 1980's as the game took off. I was even featured in a few of the magazines that covered the sport back then.

1 hour ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

Most new guns have the ability to adjust the speed a ball leaves the barrel, most fields back in my day had a chronograph that you walked by as you entered the field and if your gun was over 325 fps you had to lower it. When I played the guns had a spring in them that determined the speed combined with how much CO2 you had left in your 12 gram cartridge or how fresh the fill was on your 10 ounce canister because a fresh fill was very cold and the gas didn't expand as fast as a warm half empty canister. I had my gun maker put a set screw in the bolt that held the spring in place and with a simple turn of a Allen wrench I could tighten the tension on the spring and get my gun to fire at a higher rate of feet per second. There were many times you could see the balls in flight coming at you and dodge them or bend your body with the impact so they wouldn't break. You needed a fresh wet spot of paint larger than a Quarter to be considered dead or spray from a ball the hit a branch and broke before it hit you with a spread larger than a half dollar. But if you got hit from 10 feet in the body you could expect a large welt that could last for days. Trust me I wore many a battle would for days, that's why face shields and goggles made for paintball were designed in the late 1980's as the game took off. I was even featured in a few of the magazines that covered the sport back then.

Tippmanns from the factory or any other gun for that matter,are usually 280 ,game play is between 280 and 300 for outside or inside.Tippmans and most have a allen wrench set screw to adjust the fps some still have spring kits,different gauge springs.... co2 is on it's way out,Tippmans can use both but Compressed air is the way,more efficient in all weather conditions(co2 sucks in cold weather and the shots are not consistent and....costs more to refill...at a tournament...usually each refill will cost $4 where as compressed air is a one time fee for the whole day....yes you get more shots out of co2 but in magfed I get at least 16 mags out of a small 13.1 cubic inch tank or 600 hundred out of a normal 48 ci tank

2 hours ago, PHUCKITMAN said:

I still have the jacket with my patches on it but my adult son wears it sometimes and it still fits. Those pants were what the troops in Rhodesia wore and I found then at a surplus store and they were different then anyone else's so I got them to be unique. We were sponsored by RP Scherer and Oakley, Scherer sent us cases of paintballs and Oakley provided our goggles and face shields and gear bags and knee and elbow pads. I found wearing knee pads at the top of my calf's under my pants made dropping quickly to a kneeling position kept my knees good. I was a wingman on our team on the right side so my job was to sprint as fast up the field along the edge to get past mid-field until I took fire then to hold that edge and wait for reinforcements but no one got by me to try to flank us. Funny story when I moved to North Carolina I found a field with a team that played in the woods and after 2 weeks of games I asked them what it took to join them they weren't that good. They said go out solo on the field and in 5 minutes they sent 3 guys out to find me and if I stayed alive for 3 minutes after the first shot I was on the team. If you look close that gun in the picture had a silencer on it (Illegal) but still cool. I found a hiding spot up in a deer blind that had blue tarp walls and watched all 3 walk down the same trail not more then 15 feet apart, no spread or fanned out just walking like they were on a hike. I slid the silencer on and shot the last guy in line then the front guy then the middle guy in about 20 seconds and walked back to the truck. They tried to tell me I was supposed to run and I said that's why you guys suck if you kill the other team you don't need to run. 1st year we went to State championship tourney we placed last about a month after I joined. The next year after I had a chance to teach them some tactics and gave guys defined roles we won the North Carolina State Championship going unbeaten in all 6 matches best 2 out of 3 over 2 days. During the fall games I wore US desert pattern our troops wore and laying in the leaves and bush I had guys walk within 5 feet of me going towards our flag and after they passed I picked off 6 guys before someone came from my right and got me but we still won. Nothing more fun than capturing a flag when the other team is all dead lmao. Enjoy your new marker how far do they shoot now? In my day you were lucky if you could shoot 150 feet with some loft on your shot to hold someone down while others attacked, like lobbing in mortars. We laid down a ton of paint since it was free during games we played even if it was just a pickup game for shits and grins. Last time I played was about 15 years ago with my son and he was on my team and I had the flag (Red Towel) around my neck as we were eliminating the other team when I got whacked 4 times from my right only to find out it was my son shooting me because he saw red and said "No one on our team was wearing red" we still won but he will never live that down in fact tonight I am going to give him shit about it again Thanks for the good memories your post brought back. I would hope you can shoot at least 250 feet or more in a sniper game. Some guys wore ghillie suits on other teams but they stopped it because it was to hard for judges the find where they had been hit because guys would wipe it off before the ref checked them.

I don't know how far my Tippmann TMC fires but it's a pretty good distance and with just normal paintballs, pretty fuckin' accurate I can usually hit my target on the second or third shot after small adjustments when at distance...if I go sniper(which is legal and you don't need a silencer anymore) will have to invest in proper camo i.e. the suit oh and the gun....funny how in COD I'm all about run and gun and FFA but in paintball.....stealth (especially in magfed games in the woods) Valken has a sponsored complex in Columbus (Ohio)and part of it, is an exact replica of the original Nuketown map from COD . A sniper rifle, in paintball,now can travel over 360 ft ...on a good day...people who wipe off their hit marker should be gang shot then thrown out.