Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Admins, please reduce explosive damage/radiu

Rowan383_

• Member ID:  28715
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  74
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Explosive spamming is getting so ridiculous, we will go for days on end with everyone spamming grenades at each other. Even the players who don't use explosives regularly resort to it just because there is no other way to play when someone else is doing it. 

They are also insanely powerful and have extremely wide blast radiuses, even if you see a nade or rocket coming at you and get a good five seconds of running in the other direction, you're still gonna die. Like, if I am a solid 5 seconds away from an explosion in the opposite direction wearing full armor it should hurt me a lot, but it shouldn't kill me.

Whenever I bring this topic up people are just like "Get good" or "The game is meant to be realistic". But the explosives aren't realistic, entire teams of people spamming each other with grenades at random is not realistic. 

I'm not even being salty here, I'm a decent player, definitely one of the top ones on XI, and I can use nades and rockets successfully too, and get tons of kills from it. However it's just not enjoyable for either side and it ruins lots of aspects of the game like tactical positioning, sniping, or pushing. It basically makes the game nothing more than an explosive competition, the different classes have no purpose, you can't use any playstyle other than nade spamming if you want to win.

ffs please at least consider lowering it a little I am so tired of this and I know a lot of other players are too

Edited by Rowan383_

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14301
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996
  • Device:  Windows

Hi Rowan,

Your claims are legit, just the current state of INS with lower player count at its lowest ever doesn't do the game any good. It's primarily the veterans taking advantage of nade/rpg spam. We used to have an anti excessive spawnkilling rule in place for years but it's just not doable anymore for us admins as we don't play as much as we used to.

5 hours ago, Rowan383_ said:

It basically makes the game nothing more than an explosive competition

That has been the games meta the last year or two with the top gameme players, it will just happen regardless.

In regards to reducing explosive damage/radius is another story altogether. It would need a modified theater file to be copied to the server to be tested out and tried. If it worked successfully it could also put the server down as a "custom server" and not in the same playlist as "sustained combat". There's also a chance that it wouldn't put the server down as a custom server. I haven't dealt with modifying theater files, I did have a friend a few years back try to create an infantry only mode for me with just pistols/rifles and no explosives but he ran into difficulty and it never materialized.

If you yourself or if you know someone who can deal with customizing theater files, I would be more than willing to test them out and see how they turn out for you